Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    4answers Posts: 200, Reputation: 35

Jul 26, 2010, 12:35 PM
    Some help guys...
    I am stuck in a vicious rut... I am not as good looking or successful with the ladies as I once thought I would be... At that time I dumped someone I should not have.

But my assumed success has not taken place and leaves me with feelings of regret etc... Way to late, ship sailed

So this lack of success and perhaps wrong road taken leaves me fighting depression over this... Aaargh...

Can’t seem to break free!! Can’t attract the women I want and miss the one I had...

Any suggestions on breaking this cycle..
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jul 26, 2010, 12:45 PM

Stop looking at the past, it's gone, the lady is gone. When you dwell on "should have" you don't see the "could be".

Bloom where you're planted. You are on a journey, not the destination. Take every day as a step forward instead of "I'm not where I want to be" You may find you're in a pretty good place if you stop looking back.
    positiveparent Posts: 1,136, Reputation: 291
    -

Jul 26, 2010, 01:06 PM

Have to spread rep. I agree with Homegirl the past is gone you cannot change it, you can learn from it though and take what you've learned with you into the Present. The Now The Moment, which is all anyone of us has.

Lick your wounds, dust yourself off, straighten up, shoulders back chest out, Now you're ready to face reality.

You won't know where you want to be until you get there so take in the scenery, enjoy the view, breath deeply, and go for it, make the most of what you have available to you. You have lessons to learn and also to teach, knowledge to gain and be shared too. Yes face forwards. You cannot go back. On wards and upwards.

Don't try to attract women, let them attract you or take some alone time to reinvent yourself.

Whatever is ahead for you go for it, one of my brothers always used to say he kissed the ugly girls to make them feel good and the pretty ones to make him feel good. Pretty good philosophy I think.
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Jul 26, 2010, 01:25 PM

It's really hard to be attractive unless we feel attractive. Because of your perceived mistake and now depression over dumping your ex, you probably don't feel all that attractive. Happens to the best of us.

I think you need to realize that dating and such is supposed to be fun. Don't go into this with serious intent. Just go out, have fun and others will be drawn to that fun. If you are going to get disappointed when you can't "attract" a certain female, it will wear down on you. Just smile and enjoy yourself.

Most of the time, when you're having fun and just being you, things happen really unexpectedly, which includes relationships. Attraction is about 80% attitude and mentality as well... at least in my opinion.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jul 26, 2010, 01:37 PM

You might want to stop worrying about attracting a certain type of woman and just have fun going out with different kinds women. You may find the unexpected in the unexpected.

Stop stewing over the one you don't have. That is a total waste of time and energy. It also sends out yukky vibes to any woman you may come in contact with.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

GUYS! Do guys like persistent girls? Do you like to be pursued? [ 13 Answers ]

I mean, wouldn't you like if the roles were switched? : ) Guys will keep trying to get with a girl they think is pretty, they don't give up! : P Wouldn't you like that?:p

For the GUYS! This sums up most guys problems here. Another great e-mail from DD [ 21 Answers ]

This is an e-mail from David Deangelo. He is 1000% correct here. Guys - LEARN from this. It's long BUT almost EVERY guy here does this... ***QUESTION*** Hi Dave, I recently bought your ebook because I have met a Girl that I am really into and I must make it work With her. You are...

A guy, well 2 guys, well, maybe like 20 guys. [ 4 Answers ]

Um, well, I like a guy. He says I'm pretty which is really sweet. And I like him a lot. I am willing to do anything for him. I like a lot of other guys but I don't know them well. And I know the are just crushes. So I know the first guy, I'll call him bob. Well, I know I should be with bob. He...

MATCHMAKER ALERT (Nice guys do not always finish last -but NICE nice guys do) [ 2 Answers ]

There is a general thought that: - nice guys don't get the girl. - nice guys get walked on. - nice guys get left behind. It's not that simple. 1. Nice guys can get any girl. As long as they "own their space" -- that is, they know themselves and their life purpose and what drives them.

View more questions Search