Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BigS Posts: 80, Reputation: 6

Jul 17, 2010, 01:17 PM
    Car window stuck
    My 1999 Toyota camry CE driver side window is stuck in the middle. All other windows and doors work. When the driver side window switch is depressed, there is no sound. Could this be a broken regulator or some other little part. How do I test the wires and switch. Oh the driverside door handles are also broken.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Jul 17, 2010, 01:27 PM

Yes, you likely have a lift motor problem. It's always good policy, however, to test all under dash and under hood fuses with a test light or multimeter:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post252145
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2010, 07:52 AM

Hate to say it, but the motors in these doors were junk. They have a life expectancy and then they're played out.
    There also was a tsb for going off track and you could clearly see it by the rear view mirror.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Electric Car Window [ 1 Answers ]

How do I get electric window back on track? It is the back driver's side Ford Explorer. How do I take the door apart? I don't see any easy way.

Window won't go up or down, stuck in the middle [ 4 Answers ]

How do I get my driver's side window back on track?:confused:

1988 Prelude Window Stuck [ 2 Answers ]

Recently my prelude's passenger side window became stuck. Leading up to this for about a year, the passenger window control wouldn't put the window up, but it would put the window down. Also, the driver side switch for the passenger window would have to be pushed just right in order to get...

Window trouble with car =[ [ 1 Answers ]

I have a '94 Honda Civid 4 door Sedan. The driver's side window has been broken out twice and replace twice. However, now when I roll the window down it goes down crooked. It will not go down straight and I fear it will fall out. There must be something missing inside the door panel. Can...

Help! The rear window of my car leaks [ 1 Answers ]

Can anyone please tell me if there is a way to fix a leaky window seal? The back window in my car leaks almost every time it rains and forms a puddle on the floor.I was wondering if I could use something similar to silicone to fix it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

View more questions Search