Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    missbiss64 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2010, 02:45 PM
    Refrigerator/freezer on the blink
    My freezer is not working properly. It will cool like a really good refrigerator, but won't freeze. The refrigerator itself is o.k. (nothing great). More concerned with freezer though
    bygeorge85 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2010, 04:03 PM
    I had this problem on one of our refigerators, and solved it by replacing the small fan, located at the back of the freezer compartment . (a plate on the rear of the unit gives excess to it... also make sure that the opening for the fan is not covered. Hope this helps...
    Angrycustomer Posts: 79, Reputation: -1

Jul 12, 2010, 05:55 PM

Check the condenser fan if you like... clean the condenser with a brush and make sure the evaporator fan is running. Open the refrigerator door and place a mirror at the diffuser to see if the air is pushing through or not. Is the back wall of the freezer iced? You could have a number of problems... #1 what kind of food do you store in your freezer? Do you hunt or are you an ice cream freak? At any rate, all jokes aside, if no air is blocked, no ice is on the wall, compressor is running, condenser fan is working, and the unit has clean coils - start feeling the lines at the compressor. There are three to five lines in normal circumstances. You want to make sure there is a temperature difference between the fat line with insulation and the discharge. The skinny capillary tube and the bullet drier should be ambient. Is the compressor hot to touch or cold or luke warm. Is it noisy or quieter than normal. Unplug the machine and plug it in again. Listen for the overload to click and wait for the compressor to start. Are pressures equalizing at a fast or slow rate. How long does it take for the compressor to restart - if its more than 5 minutes I'd call somebody to have it changed. Can you tell what kind of compressor it is? Rotary, Piston, Scroll? I doubt it's a scroll. Try to find an eight vane rotary with the smallest amount of displacement and highest torque yet small enough to fit under the box. Chances are you could buy a compressor and a TXV and get an old chest freezer from a junk yard. Pipe both boxes up and get multiple temps for meat and ice cream and milk and lunchmeat... ~ good luck
    Angrycustomer Posts: 79, Reputation: -1

Jul 12, 2010, 05:57 PM

You are certified right?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My gas/electric refrigerator freezes the freezer but not the refrigerator section. [ 0 Answers ]

My Defy gas/electric freezer freezes the freeze compartment but not the refrigerator section. It has no internal/external fan and/or air ducts that I can see.

Amana bottom-freezer refrigerator: fridge not cold, freezer is frosty! [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone! I have a slightly over a year old Amana bottom-freezer refrigerator (model #: ABR1922FES). Yesterday, I noticed that the fridge wasn't as cold as it should be, so I turned the temp control cooler, and then, as per the owner's manual, waited 24 hours for it to kick in. It didn't....

View more questions Search