Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BigS Posts: 80, Reputation: 6

Jul 11, 2010, 12:44 PM
    Summons to court on vandalism and stalking how serious is this charge
    My nephew gave a ride to a friend of a friend and the individual after being dropped off was very rude, slammed the door upon exiting the vehicle, the boys had words then came around to the driver's side and yank on the door causing it to jam. My nephew jumped out and ran after the guy... never catching him. The neighbour called the cops who came and took the report. My nephew was given a business card with the case number and the reporting officer's name.The guys dad came to my sister's house the next day and told her her son cut his tire with a knife and was stopped by two guys as he was about to slash the other tires. The father also told my sister that he knew where she and her son's dad worked and all he wanted was a new tire because he was out of a job and had just purchased new tires. He said the reporting officer didn't have enough evidence to charge anyone with a crime but the incident can be kept informal if the tire can be replaced.The following day my nephew received two peace orders and summons to appear in court on the 12 July 2010 for an alleged stalking and malicious destruction of property. One of the alleged victims (the father) was never in the presence of my nephew, has never met him yet was able to have a peace order issued. As far as the original incident... the argument of the two boys, the police station refused to give any information and said one will have to wait until the reporting officer returns from vacation on the 14th July 2010. The peace order hearing is on the 12th. Is my nephew in serious trouble and if so what can we do? Both individuals are 18. My nephew did trepass on the people's property when he ran after the other boy.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 11, 2010, 06:55 PM

Yes, he will end up with a record, and at least probation if found guilty. And will most likely be assumed guilty as a young kid who was mad and wanted to get even. Remember actual evidence is lacking in many trials, and statements of witnesses ( the person in this case whose tire was slashed)

Also there is nothing in law to keep anything "INFORMAL" offering to get or pay for them a tire, can be assumed as admitting guilt. The police don't care if that person ever gets a new tire, they just want to arrest someone

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Received court summons in my door and have 2 weeks to court date [ 9 Answers ]

I received a summons on my door for a $5,000 debt to american express. Lawyer office is about 1 1/2 from my home... I am willing to pay the debt, do I have to show up for court? I am going to be out of town and won't be around on the court date... can I call the attorney's office and settle the...

Possible Court Summons. [ 2 Answers ]

Hello All! I would like to first start by saying that I am aware of my debt and to whom I owe. I have a copy of all three credit reports as of January and my intention is to clear these up.. one at a time. I just received a phone call at my office and on my cell from someone saying he was...

Court Summons [ 5 Answers ]

If you receive a summons from your mortgage company and you work things out with them Do you still have to answer the summons? Well I was told that the mortgage company said you don't have to answer it and they will send something in the mail within 10 days to sign and then a certified check will...

Debt Court Summons -- If I pay in full, can I avoid court? [ 5 Answers ]

I realize a lot of people post questions regarding debt summons and I've scrolled through the boards but I haven't found a clear answer to a few of my queries. Here's what happened: I was today presented (they slid it under my door) with a summons to appear in court. I'm being sued by Capital One...

Summons for credit card charge off? [ 2 Answers ]

Just got a summons for a credit card that was charged off. I don't remember the account and have no records. Have had only 9 days to figure out what is going on. Called the Plaintiff's attorney and they want me to pay 8664.00 on a 3499.00 charge off. Interest fees etc... Said they would be glad to...

View more questions Search