Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mrshodges Posts: 208, Reputation: 34

Jun 26, 2010, 11:45 AM
    Funny Dogs
    Just thought I would share about my goofy Dachshunds. Yesterday we were all swimming in the pool and the kids were yelling and playing (my 2 year old dog Roscoe is very protective over my children) I guess he thought they were in trouble or something and jumped the 4ft pool. Now this is a dog that when you take his collar off freaks out because he knows he is getting a bath. Well he landed on the side, and figured out (after it was too late) that this big circle that he kept running around was filled with water:p . He fell into the pool did two laps and finally figured out how to get out. He shook off the water and continued to run around the pool.

About 10 minuets later he did the same thing!! This time though he found a floaty and decided to hang out for a while. It was just so funny. Later after we got out of the pool the dogs were playing in the back yard while my husband and I cleaned up. I decided to water my pomegranate bush and here comes Roscoe biting at the watter from the hose. Lol:D I don't know if was trying to get back at it or what. Any ways he gets all wet and this time very dirty. He sleeps in whoevers bed he thinks he can get away with so I give him a bath. He gets mad at me after all of this!! I love my dogs but sometimes they just drive me nuts. You never know what's going on in their heads. I thought you guys might find the funny as I sure did.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 26, 2010, 12:09 PM

Yes, thanks for sharing, mrshodges. You never know what they are going to do next !
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2010, 09:27 PM

Hahaha, they don't mind getting wet when THEY want to but when it comes to bath time they run! :rolleyes:
    Funny story :D
    Aurora_Bell Posts: 4,193, Reputation: 822
    Dogs Expert

Jun 27, 2010, 08:40 AM

Cute story!
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Jun 27, 2010, 08:47 AM

Great story,my own jack russel (frankie) is chasing flies.

He's not having much luck,
    But funny to watch.

Jun 27, 2010, 09:13 AM

My dogs do the same thing but gets werided out when they catch them. I guess because of the wings.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 27, 2010, 09:36 AM

Brook has her moments too. She just took all of the toys out of her toy box, even the Roots hoodie that came with her. I don't put it on her, its pink, really doesn't suit her persona. Early this morning she did her running at full speed around the yard (its huge) act, almost leaning over to the ground when she took corners, then stops dead panting and looking at me as much as to say 'how was that mom?'.

They are our own personal comedians and love it when we laugh. It makes it all worth while for them.

Jun 27, 2010, 09:42 AM

Roscoe does that. He also does it on my tile sliding all over the house. I guess they get spurts of energy.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hot Dogs For Dogs [ 7 Answers ]

My 20 Month Old -13 Lb Female Shih Tzu Has Always Been A Picky Eater. Recently We Gave Her A Beef Hot Dog... she Won't Eat Anything Else. I Give Her 2 Hot Dogs At Noon & 2 At 6pm... she Lovvvvvvvvves Them & Is Happy As Can Be. Am I Feeding Her Too Much & Is She Getting Proper Nutrition? Thank You

Socialize dogs with other dogs [ 3 Answers ]

have a 8 yr old Golden that I adopted from a Golden Retreiver Resue group. She does not get along with other dogs-fantastic with people,kids etc. Only one time has she tried to fight-normally she stands firm with her ears up, growls,barks and strains on the leash. I had her to an obedience school...

Are hot dogs safe for dogs [ 7 Answers ]

Are hot dogs safe for me to feed to my dog,or are there any health issues I should be concerned with?

Funny something [ 6 Answers ]

:) I don't know where this goes but I thought I would share it. Clink on the link below. Hold your mouse over this guys nose and see what happens. How the heck do they do that? Funny. I hope you enjoy. http://fun.from.berdyczow.org/2004-05-26/posmeraj-goscia-w-nos.swf

This funny [ 2 Answers ]

Men Are Just Happier People What do you expect from such simple creatures? Your last name stays put. The garage is all yours.

View more questions Search