Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    melissa55 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 12, 2010, 11:15 AM
    I want to live with my mum who will help me?
    I've been living with my dad 6 years he has custody of me. But I now want to live with my mum where can I go for help?
    ellen0 Posts: 18, Reputation: -4

Jun 12, 2010, 11:31 AM

Make sure she is safe to live with. Your dad got full costody for a reason. Try spending a few weeks with her first. Your dad should agree to that and if he doesn't ask him why. If he does not have a good reason talk to a police officer or trusted adult and ask where you can get help having a relationship wiith your mum.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 12, 2010, 01:07 PM

First Ellen may mean well but has no idea of the law and I wish would stay out of the legal forum before someone is hurt from such poor advice

First your dad may have good reasons that you are with him, that you are not aware about. And police can't do anything for you, your dad has legal custody and only the family court can change that.

Your mom will have to hire an attorney and file for custody if she is willing to do that. But remember if there was a lot of past issues, all of that comes back out

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I live in ks. And live on soc sec. Can a credit card co get a judgement [ 3 Answers ]

I have two unsecured debts of $20,000 each. I live in Kansas and have only social security check for income. One creditor has filed a lawsuit, and one has threatened to get a lien against my home. The only assets I have are my home (with mortgage) and my auto (with a balance). A bankruptcy...

About my mum [ 2 Answers ]

My mum talks to her self and shouts n says she's talken to the deid do you thik she is or dose she need help ? She makes me so angry I have anger problems thank you :mad::)

Opening live mail opens live messenger. [ 1 Answers ]

This is getting kind of annoying as it lags my PC... Everyime I log into my windows live mail/hotmail it opens windows live messenger, regardless whether I want to use it or not. Any ideas? I checked the Windows Live Messenger's settings but found nothing. Btw, I use IE 8 and I'm running...

My mum [ 1 Answers ]

My mum was murderd on 15th march 2005 by a man who a very loud man who my mum Took under her roof who she meet in a chat room in leeds centre he seemed to be very Smarmy but other people had different veiws 1 week after mothers day we had a phone Call from my brother he said my mum was dead...

View more questions Search