Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RadioActive697 Posts: 295, Reputation: 13

May 27, 2010, 01:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello:

I dunno if this relates to women, but I'll bet it does. We ain't so different... Of course, I like nice girls - but I want 'em to be a little sluty too.

excon,
    nice guy
    Wow. :)
    Jeha Posts: 81, Reputation: 10

May 28, 2010, 02:57 PM
    Hello:

I dunno if this relates to women, but I'll bet it does. We ain't so different... Of course, I like nice girls - but I want 'em to be a little sluty too.

excon,
    nice guy
    I sort of agree with you when I think about it but, the term sluty is too much
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 28, 2010, 03:07 PM

Hello again, j:

I thought I was being nice. The old expression goes something like this: Most guys want their girl to be a virgin in the living room, and a whore in the bedroom.

I'm no different.

excon
    QLP Posts: 980, Reputation: 656

May 29, 2010, 07:58 AM

I used to hear the saying men want their woman to be 'a nun in public, a saint in private, and a whore in the bedroom.'

In some ways I find this insulting. I think it's the idea implied that a woman should present a virginal face to the world as though her sexuality is bad that I object to. At the same time I must admit the idea of a guy who is good and kind, great with the kids, can knock up something tasty in the kitchen, but is all bad-boy in the bedroom is very appealing. So a saint in the kitchen and a whore in the bedroom works both ways fine for me.

I think it's sort of an evolutionary glitch. Times have evolved so that the qualities we want from our partners are much more civilised then we would have historically, when someone with brute strength and the ability to protect, with all the aggressive qualities that required are not so important now. However when it comes to passing on the gene pool I think we may still instinctively go for the overtly 'strong' qualities. Not to mention it's just more fun.

I do think people are attracted to the bad boys or girls inappropriately when their past has been difficult as well though. I'm no psychologist but I'm guessing it's some sort of attempt to fix themselves by fixing another.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 29, 2010, 08:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by QLP View Post
    In some ways I find this insulting. I think it's the idea implied that a woman should present a virginal face to the world as though her sexuality is bad that I object to.
    Hello Q:

Hmmm. Well, I'm NOT insulted by the same reference you made towards men... And, therein lies the rub. We have a double standard...

But, not me personally.. I'm just a believer in keeping private things PRIVATE. You couldn't tell that I'm an exconvict, or a very good lover just by looking at me. I don't have tattoos. I don't put bumper stickers on my car, and I don't have a tee shirt with a peace sign on it. I'm fine with my wimmin doing the same thing. Sexuality isn't bad - it's PRIVATE.

excon
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

May 29, 2010, 08:47 PM
    Hello:

excon,
    nice guy
    Bad boy:cool::rolleyes::D
    QLP Posts: 980, Reputation: 656

May 30, 2010, 02:09 AM
    Hello Q:

Hmmm. Well, I'm NOT insulted by the same reference you made towards men... And, therein lies the rub. We have a double standard...

excon
    Mmm perhaps I worded that badly. From the saying I was familiar with, 'nun in public, saint in private, whore in the bedroom,' if you remove the nun in public bit then I'm happy for the rest to apply to both sexes. I tried to imply that but perhaps did it in a rather rambling fashion, not very clearly. Maybe the context is that I feel the saying came from a time when double standards did apply and men who were sexually active were 'just being lads - nudge wink' but women were considered trashy if they lived the same way.

I'm not saying I want to go around acting overtly sexy all the time, but I'm not pretending to be a nun for anyone either. Then again I was brought up a good catholic girl when nuns ruled the school and still shaved their heads underneath the full garb, so perhaps I have quite strong negative associations with all that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fault " f dl " loose/bad connection or bad "control/ccu" Kenmore HE4T washer [ 0 Answers ]

Trying to determine if Fault " f dl " is loose-bad connection or bad "control-CCU" on Kenmore HE4T washer. As plomero posted in Feb , I have replaced the door latch mech. And still receive the fault... noting what mscreations posted in repile I wiggled the 4 prong at the ccu while it was in the...

I am what's called "the nice guy", what should I do? [ 3 Answers ]

OK I'm the guy you always hear about in movies, I'm the nice guy. I do all kinds of things for people then I get walked on, I make people happy and they turn on me, its hard to say no, I always come back for more pain and misery. What am I to do about this, is there really anything I can do? I just...

How common is "the nice guy"? [ 120 Answers ]

So I think from my (admittedly somewhat limited) dating experience, I've come to the following conclusion: If there is such a thing as an all-around "nice guy" he's rare. What's a lot more common are guys who are pretty obviously jerks, or else guys who most people /think/ are nice because...

Suddenly He's a "nice guy", now what? [ 3 Answers ]

I have previously posted about being in a pretty unhappy 17 year maariage with a lazy guys who has been physically violent with son ( at times), complulsive gambler, lied, ran up $ 42, 000 debt and I am working extra to pay for it. NOW... I finally have the confidence I need to take action. I...

View more questions Search