Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    survivorboi Posts: 431, Reputation: 9

Jan 16, 2009, 08:49 PM
    What colleges is best for me
    When I grow up, I want to become a doctor, or a surgeon. I want to know what is the best colleges for that jobs? Is MIT good? Harvard?

I have also been thinking about being an astronomer, or even a astronaut. What university is best for that?

I want to know the standards to go to those schools. Lets say I want to go to MIT, what grades, etc. do I have to make to go there? Other good schools too please. Thanks :rolleyes:
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 16, 2009, 09:05 PM

The college isn't as important as you and what you will put into a college education.

A smaller college that has a great science reputation (like Knox College in Illinois) would be a wonderful start. You would need to get totally involved in campus life so you are rounded out socially, educationally, and emotionally. Then talk to various grad programs as you are thinking about a master's degree.

Be sure to do research on what those careers require in credentials--such as visit your local public library to find out specifics on coursework and degrees needed. Also, check the federal government's Occupational Outlook Handbook.

Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2008-09 Edition
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jan 17, 2009, 12:23 AM

Hi, survivorboi!

In addition to the fine answer by Wondergirl above, I'm wondering how you're already doing in school.

For instance, how well do you do in math and science courses? Are you particularly "drawn" to those subjects and have a love and desire to do your absolute best in them?

Thanks!
    survivorboi Posts: 431, Reputation: 9

Jan 17, 2009, 12:37 PM

I'm in 7th grade this year. My semester grade was 3 b's and 4 a's in math and science.
    bharathi87 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 29, 2010, 11:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    The college isn't as important as you and what you will put into a college education.

A smaller college that has a great science reputation (like Knox College in Illinois) would be a wonderful start. You would need to get totally involved in campus life so you are rounded out socially, educationally, and emotionally. Then talk to various grad programs as you are thinking about a master's degree.

Be sure to do research on what those careers require in credentials--such as visit your local public library to find out specifics on coursework and degrees needed. Also, check the federal government's Occupational Outlook Handbook.

Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2008-09 Edition
    Very nice answer. Make a clear analysis of your desire and interest. MIT is good in all aspects. To help you more with this, refer the site, List of Top Medical Colleges to get the top ranked colleges offering medical courses.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Us colleges in s [ 1 Answers ]

Hello sir, What are the colleges in us that provide ms in embedded system?

Colleges near New York [ 5 Answers ]

Can anyone list some colleges that are around 5 hours away from New York, favorably Long Island?

What are the best colleges in the us for biotechnology [ 1 Answers ]

Plaese tell me the best colleges for studying biotechnology in the usa and give me some Details and information about the particular subject and more description about the subject and how can I develop a career out of it

Colleges search [ 2 Answers ]

What are a few good Medical schools.

Universites and colleges [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Sir I am looking forward for doing degree in Business administration and wanted to know if Colton University is accrediated or a recogonised university in USA Thanking you, Ahmed

View more questions Search