Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 22, 2010, 07:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by DrBill100 View Post
    I noticed that some of the names I included in a previous post have now been reduced to initials. I don't object, in fact it's a pretty good idea - but wonder how and why it occurred.

I requested that this change be made - read back and you'll see why I objected to proper names.

If I think you have mishandled a matter (or run me over with your car or whatever) I think it's inappropriate and actionable to put your name on the Internet for all to see. Maybe you're guilty, maybe you're not. It is also a mistake to "try" a case on the Internet, long before an Attorney has been consulted - but I've said that before. Attorneys and Courts are pulling up all sorts of info all the time. I wouldn't want to be cross examined on something I put on AMHD somewhere down the road.

If the coronor or assistant or whoever are guilty, fine, then let a newspaper report that. Until then it is a disservice to those very people.
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

May 22, 2010, 10:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    I requested that this change be made - read back and you'll see why I objected to proper names...

If the coronor or assistant or whoever are guilty, fine, then let a newspaper report that. Until then it is a disservice to those very people.
    I agree with your decision right up to the last paragraph. That people might be trolling for info is a concern because it could lead to disclosure of facts the OP wouldn't want disclosed at the present time.

As far as the coroner's office at large, they are a public agency responsible to the citizens and the proper subject of identification and open criticism. I, as a public citizen, need not prove the factual content of my complaint or accusation in order to express it publicly and I need not resort to a court of law each time I've dissatisfied with the conduct of public servants. I can assemble a group and march in front of their office with their names emblazoned on signs or I can assemble words and broadcast them in a public forum to the same extent. It is public opinion formed via individual expression that holds public agents and agencies accountable, to we the people. Not vice versa. There is nothing that office is doing, nor any action any agent of that office has undertaken, that is not in the public purview.

It is not a disservice to the public agents to be publicly identified with their conduct, good or bad. That's accountability, and it's the actions that ultimately accrue to the benefit or detriment of the identified party. If a citizen has a complaint they can express it openly and with particularity without fear of retribution.

Nonetheless, thank you for altering the names from the standpoint of benefit to the OP.

PS I hope this doesn't mean I can't come over and play with you guys and gals on the legal board anymore... I have some new toys... Ice cream
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 22, 2010, 10:44 AM

Hello again, Dr:

Law, as opposed to medicine, has a conflict built in. The idea is that GOOD law results when you have two ethical and competent attorneys arguing about what the same set of facts mean.

This wouldn't BE a legal board if we all agreed. Now, this isn't a courtroom, of course, but, good law still results from our legal wrangling. At least, that's the idea.

Besides, I think you argue guuud. So, come along and bring your toys. But, be prepared to be knocked around a little.

excon
    Uber Member

May 22, 2010, 11:06 AM

This is a legal issue, not a moral issue, nothing for discussion. I'm an investigator. I'm telling you my experience and how it works.

You post that someone is incompetent or negligent, that person decides to take action and it will happen so fast that your head will spin. I'm not saying they will win - I'm saying YOU will pay to defend yourself.

And if you're wrong, if this entire thread can be explained away - I see problems.

I realize that you don't but this is what I do for a living.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 22, 2010, 11:44 AM

Also like to point out that we can assist an OP to a point with some good advice, but we also have to be congnizant of how our opinions and answers effect AMHD on a whole, that is, as you know, goes without saying in lieu of what has happened before.

Tick
    Ultra Member

May 22, 2010, 11:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    Also like to point out that we can assist an OP to a point with some good advice, but we also have to be congnizant of how our opinions and answers effect AMHD on a whole, that is, as you know, goes without saying in lieu of what has happened before.

tick
    I can appreciate that from the standpoint of the site. As a commercial enterprise they have the right and even responsibility to limit liability.

What happened before? Must have been before my time.
    Uber Member

May 22, 2010, 12:06 PM

- And keep in mind that I have no reason to give anyone a hard time. I'm here to answer legal questions to the best of my ability.

OP will hurt herself if she continues this thread - but I've said that before and it goes on.

Never try a case on the Internet!

And, yes, it was before your time.

And thank you, Tickle.
    Uber Member

May 22, 2010, 12:09 PM
    What happened before? Must have been before my time.
    Hello:

Wasn't before MY time, and I don't know what it was.

Exco
    Ultra Member

May 22, 2010, 12:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post

tick
    Procrastination rhymes with physiology but you got me moving. Thanks
    Ultra Member

May 22, 2010, 12:55 PM
    - And keep in mind that I have no reason to give anyone a hard time. I'm here to answer legal questions to the best of my ability.

OP will hurt herself if she continues this thread - but I've said that before and it goes on.

Never try a case on the Internet!
    Judy, Judy, Judy

I am very (or was, before retiring) competent in my field. However and concurrently, I am an internet nincompoop. You have convinced me of the wisdom of the above. You should be proud as you have simultaneously disproven the old addage that you can't teach old dogs new tricks.
    Uber Member

May 23, 2010, 01:44 PM
    Judy, Judy, Judy

I am very (or was, before retiring) competent in my field. However and concurrently, I am an internet nincompoop. You have convinced me of the wisdom of the above. You should be proud as you have simultaneously disproven the old addage that you can't teach old dogs new tricks.

Do you know Cary Grant never said Judy, Judy, Judy - although the quote has always been attributed to him?

Yes, I am always proud when I teach any age dog a new trick.

However, I am busy training a new husband right now and so you will have to rely on excon to set you straight.

Good luck - too bad I don't have time right now to set HIM straight!
    thisisit Posts: 406, Reputation: 57

May 23, 2010, 08:06 PM

I haven't posted anything that isn't true and verifiable by the facts of the situation. Point out to me where I have committed slander or liable or said someone is incompetent or negligent. Defamation is when someone says false statements made maliciously with intent to cause a negative image. I have not made any groundless criticism, nor have I made a public disclosure of private facts. The facts I have disclosed are a public concern.

I never asked how I could sue the Coroner for money. That isn't what I'm interested in. If I find the coroner did not follow the law, I would want everyone to know. And if I can sue them/her, I will, or file a complaint or whatever steps I can take. If I find out the coroner did not deviate from the law, I still want people to know what can happen if one of their loved ones dies suddenly, alone, and unexpectedly with their own doctor, upon questioning from the coroner, gives his opinion that a full autopsy would be needed to determine the cause of death because he does not believe their medical condition caused the death. The coroner tells the family that an autopsy is being done and will take a little longer because of being backed up with dead bodies. Then when the body is release, the family and funeral director are told the autopsy is done. But in reality there was no autopsy. There is something wrong with that picture no matter which way you look at it.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

May 23, 2010, 08:44 PM

It's hard getting people to be honest. Seems like he ones that aren't get ahead. Those playing the game of politics make laws to protect themselves, unfortunately.

You need to hold people accountable.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 24, 2010, 06:13 AM
    I am with Judy here, from personal experience. IF this were to go to court, every person who has posted here will be called.

While you may see nothing wrong with posting your experience, the medical examiner and/or her attorneys may see differently.

I respectfully unsubscribe from this thread.

May 24, 2010, 07:29 AM

Ok, Judy, you might be relieved or you might not care but, I talked to my lawyer just now about this mess, including several 'experts' telling me that I was wrong to post this information. He advised that my discussion online is not a problem and that I can record my interview with the coroner, though he suggested I do it above board, but it would not be illegal to conceal it. He mentioned that it is difficult to sue and file complaints against a government employee, but not impossible, and it has been done before. He advised me to stay calm and not sound accusatory, just that I am looking for answers for closure. He told me to call him back after my meeting and we will go over all the evidence I have and decide where to go from there. I really don't appreciate your tone of accusations against me or others trying to offer their advice. The reason I was holding off with my attorney is that one time I lost a case, I told him not to appeal it, he appealed it anyway and won my case for me... but I did not want him preempting me on this.
    Uber Member

May 24, 2010, 02:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    I am with Judy here, from personal experience. IF this were to go to court, each and every person who has posted here will be called.

While you may see nothing wrong with posting your experience, the medical examiner and/or her attorneys may see differently.

I respectfully unsubscribe from this thread.

- And, upon advice, I am following you.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 24, 2010, 04:44 PM
    - And, upon advice, I am following you.
    Yes, I will have to follow J_9 and JKT

tickle
    Uber Member

May 24, 2010, 05:48 PM

Hello:

Where is everybody? Helloooooo.

excon
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

May 24, 2010, 06:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello:

Where is everybody? Helloooooo.

excon
    Here trying to find the edge of the internet. There could be a wrong answer somewhere :)

May 24, 2010, 07:19 PM

I'm right here excon, haven't been arrested or charged with any crime yet ;)

Of course you know what they say, these things take time

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Autopsy in nursing school? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm about to start nursing school at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette next month, getting my BSN as a second bachelors. I was told by someone, who has never attended nursing school, that I'd have to "do" an autopsy. I'm aware of "doing" one on an animal, but I wasn't aware that we'd have...

Work experience- coroner? [ 1 Answers ]

I am only studying A Levels at the moment and am looking for any opportunities for work experience in the legal side as would like to become a coroner. I am only 17 but wondered whether anyoe knew o had any ideas of where I coud look fr work experience?? Thanks- would be a great help!! :) x

Certifications for autopsy technicians [ 1 Answers ]

I am currently employed at a Level 1 trauma hospital. I would love to be an autopsy technician, what certifications are required to become an autopsy technician?

View more questions Search