Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BigS Posts: 80, Reputation: 6

May 14, 2010, 10:26 AM
    Reckless driving in Hanover VA
    My sister was pulled over for going 91/65 (46.2.862) in Hanover VA. Now she has to appear in court. What are her chance of having charges dropped. She had a clean driving record until now. The crazy thing is she don't usually speed. Should she take a copy of her drving record and character letters to court with her? She cannot have a record with the line of work she is in.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 14, 2010, 11:08 AM

Character letters are meaningless when it's a V&T charge. Your character has nothing to do with whether you speed. Whether she "usually" speeds is also immaterial. She was on this occasion and that's all that matters to the Court.

91 in a 65? In some Virginia Counties 20 miles over the limit OR over 80 become reckless driving charges - and that's what she's been charged with. This is far more serious than a "simple" speeding ticket.

I would suggest that she find and retain a good, experienced Attorney to try to get this minimized.

This is a serious charge.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 14, 2010, 04:37 PM

If its merely speeding, she is lucky, just take plenty of cash to pay the fine. If she wants something, she hires an attorney and try to prove the equipment faulty, not registered or tested properly. Try to see if the officer was certified in the equipment.

Beyond that, any references have no meaning what so ever,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When are we reckless with our heart, and when is someone Reckless with our heart. [ 6 Answers ]

When do you know when you are being reckless with your heart, and when do you know that some one is being reckless with yours? What a doozie eh? How can we be reckless with our own heart; by hanging on to what isn't there any more. Then again we can also be reckless by jumping into what is...

Will a person with a dui, reckless driving & eluding with a violation get jail time [ 1 Answers ]

Will a person on probation from another state who now lives in another state that he violated by dui, reckless driving & eluding get jail time and if so what is the minimum to maximum sentence?

Reckless Driving [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, Several years ago I was arrested for reckless driving. Basically, I was so tired that I could barely stay awake. Therefore, I was weaving all over the highway. To the best of my recollection, my car weaved onto the outer shoulder and then I regained alertness. Then, I weaved into the...

View more questions Search