Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    so sexy Posts: 532, Reputation: 12

Apr 16, 2010, 05:28 AM

I agree
    Boricua1 Posts: 179, Reputation: 14

Apr 20, 2010, 03:17 PM

Its' strange with me, some people notice and others don't. I look at old pics and in all honesty I think I spent so much time in and out of the sun I'm not sure what my complexion ever was or if what I am now is just my natural state or lighter sometimes LOL... and in som epics I've seen myself look so light that I'm actually a bit scared someone would notice but maybe those are just lighting cause I never look that light in person...

I also understand what some of you were saying about seeking just one more shade... sometimes I think its not just about lightening its about progress and actively seeing progress just like with weight you may lose weight but most of the times if you have struggled with weight you just want to lose five more lbs even if you don't necessarily think you are fat.
    Boricua1 Posts: 179, Reputation: 14

Apr 20, 2010, 03:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MAHARANI View Post
    I guess it is all about never really being totally satisfied. We always seem to want more. I remember getting so light that someone asked if I was mixed race and yet at the time, I still did not think that I had reached my goal.

browndeceit that is an impressive difference. Remind us of your current regime and how you are maintaining. I can see why the pics on facebook are definitely not a delight to see !! Who needs reminding ......
    this is not really directed to your comment but just regarding the subject of people asking about your race.

I've noticed ironically that the lighter I get the more people I seem to run into that want to point out how black or african I am, (which isn't really a problem for me, but it's just weird for someone to randomly point it out like "oh so you're black right?, i could tell cause this or that...") as if I were hiding somehow... incognegro LMAO:p... and I get this more from people of other ethnicities who are even darker than I am (like many arabs, or indians), and its really strange because I wonder why out of the blue do they feel the need to point this out to me randomly LOL or maybe its just because brown people tend to notice other brown people in a crowd and think "Hey let me say something. (brown power!! LMAO).. oh crap i forgot.. she's a stranger what to say??.. oh yeah... so you're black.. I know a black person... that's cool ok bye??" IDK I never really go up to people and play guess the ethnicity LOL... wonder what the prize is if you win that game?:D

or they tell me I look like some random famous black person who looks nothing like me for no reason... and so off from who I could look like I have to wonder are they F in with me or trying to insult me... Like the other day an Arab guy (randomly)comesover to me and say "hey miss do you know who you look like?.. and I'm thinkin... Please say Beyonce... or Kim K (which will never happen LOL cause i dont look like them but hey whatever)... just name someone hot.... and he says "Serena Williams." which Serena is hot and all, but she's like 6 ft tall, super muscular, and about six if not more shades darker than I am which is not bad but we don't look alike at all... I'm 5'7 kind of fat... I won't lie... I am NOT athletic at all... and I'm not sure what complexion I am but somewhere between tanned Beyonce and Nikki Minaj (I think I spelled it right)... not to mention curly hair... and my face doesn't resemble anyone famous at all at least in my near 30 years on the planet no one has ever really named a star who consistently someone sane could say I look like except weirdos who will say things like... Serena Williams, or (insert random famous black female here) or once I got told I resembled Rosie perez and its not cause we look alike it was because I used to have a heavier spanish nuyork accent when I was younger. LMAO.

Anyway just ranting a bit.

anyway no point in particular and please no one of Arab or Indian decent think I'm saying anything bad about you I just have had that weird experience and its happened on enough occasions to take notice of it (like five or six times from random strangers in the mall or in a restaurant or something).
    MAHARANI Posts: 800, Reputation: 39

Apr 21, 2010, 12:11 AM

Boricua1,

your experience is very similar to what has happened to me in the past. I have, time and time again, had random strangers come up and say things like "this is who you look like", too! I have also found out about people talking about me behind my back and questioning what I do, how I wear my make up, do my hair etc. And I just don't get it. I have never really met anyone else who seems to get the same sort of attention and I have no idea why people seem to want to discuss me or come up and say exactly what they want. It has not been negative comments in general, but I don't get why people feel something just has to be said. And yeah, like you, half the time there is no similarity between me and who they say I look like
    YouSirName Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Dec 18, 2010, 05:37 AM
    Comment on BrownDeceit's post
    As a Canadian Caucasian (nothern European!) male, let me say that that darker woman is so attractive I'd be happy to sign over my house, car, and property in a pre-nup with a woman that lovely. Dear, your dark skin is absolutely beautiful. I like #1

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What do you think about Facebook? [ 11 Answers ]

I need to decide whether I want to get involved in Facebook or whether I’m better off without it. I have no desire to join because of privacy issues. Despite the fact that I have told my friends and co workers several times that I’m not interested, they continually insist on forcing the issue. ...

Facebook [ 1 Answers ]

When I try to logon I put in my password. A statement says I can't get in due to Abusive behavor.. this is crazy... I'm a senior citizen and a goal to connect to friends And former employees... every time I fell in that test where you copy the letters, it Still doesn't work. I'm so...

Facebook? Or maybe not? [ 8 Answers ]

I am considering getting a Facebook. I once heard a story about someone who had a Facebook and (I don't remember all the details) but someone found her contact info and she was raped (I'm not sure if the story is even true). Is there anything I should consider before getting one? Is anyone able to...

Re Facebook [ 4 Answers ]

A friend put up some photos and I hate the one she put up of me. Can I keep it from Appearing on MY Facebook site?

View more questions Search