Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rawpotatoeater37 Posts: 244, Reputation: 8

Dec 17, 2006, 05:44 PM
    Dark Side of the Moon
    I know that Dark Side of the Moon can be played with The Wizard of Oz, but does anyone know how it lines up? When are you supposed to start it? Should you mute the TV? (Dumb question I know, but is it supposed to harmonize or something?) Any other tricks I should be aware of?

I also notice that it's only 42 minutes long. Am I supposed to replay the album? Play it backwards?

Hmm
    aduckart Posts: 32, Reputation: 6

Dec 18, 2006, 01:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rawpotatoeater37
    I know that Dark Side of the Moon can be played with The Wizard of Oz, but does anyone know how it lines up? When are you supposed to start it? Should you mute the TV? (Dumb question I know, but is it supposed to harmonize or something?) Any other tricks I should be aware of?

I also notice that it's only 42 minutes long. Am I supposed to replay the album? Play it backwards?

hmm
    Ahhh, The Dark Side of Oz. Here are the directions:

First load the Dark Side of the Moon CD into your CD player and hit PLAY and then immediately hit PAUSE so it is cued up and ready to roll. Be sure also to set your CD player to continuous replay, by hitting the "REPEAT" button twice. Hitting it once will repeat only the presently playing track so hit the button two (2) times and it will replay the CD over and over. The CD will play roughly two and a quarter times through the entire length of the movie.

Now start the video and get past all the preview junk (about five minutes worth on the THX version) at the beginning and watch for the BLACK & WHITE MGM lion to roar. After the BLACK &WHITE MGM Lion roars for the THIRD time IMMEDIATELY hit the play button on the CD player.

Be sure to turn down the sound on the TV because the dialogue and original soundtrack are not necessary for this experiment. "The Dark Side of the Moon" will provide all the sound you need. For your most enjoyment make sure you get number one in the list below exactly right. Don't worry if you have to restart it a few times. The effect is worth the trouble. It will probably take you a few tries to get the synch lined up just right so be patient.
    azimuth401 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2009, 08:08 AM

While this is a fun thing to do one time as a laugh, it needs to be pointed out that the "synchronicity" is *entirely* coincidental and not something Pink Floyd planned. First of all, in 1972, when they started recording the album, CD's did not exist and therefore the entire premise of putting the needle down at a certain point is silly. Also, the idea that they would have commissioned a copy of the film and projected it on the wall of Abbey Road while they composed and edited (pre-VCR/DVD era, remember) is also silly since the Dark Side song suite was written in bits and pieces while on tour and not in one shot. The band has dismissed it entirely and generally considers it to be a result of someone having too much time on their hands! You'll notice other synchs with "Echoes" from Meddle to the final segment of 2001: A Space Odyssey, that actually seems to make more sense...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fairly new Maytag side-by-side MSD2657HSE not cooling [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, This is a 18month old side-by-side Maytag MSG2657HSE refrigerator. The freezer half works perfectly, but the refrigerator half has stopped cooling. Also just 2 days before this happened the following was noticied by my wife - During the day time she noticed that water was seeping out from the...

Kenmore Side by Side: no ice & red blinking light? [ 4 Answers ]

Help, My Kenmore side by side model # 106.565624 has stopped making ice and a red light next to its on/off switch is blinking. I have replaced the pur water filter and reset the water filtration and flushed the lines. I have also turned off then on the ice maker switch. No change - still...

Kenmore side by side Fridge icemaker model 106.9557651 [ 1 Answers ]

I have an issue with my ice maker over filling? I replaced solenoid still havinbg problem.

Kenmore side by side model # 106.565624 has stopped making ice and a red light [ 1 Answers ]

Was this issue ever resolved? I have the same problem. LbashabrannerJul 15, 2006, 09:09 PM Help, My Kenmore side by side model # 106.565624 has stopped making ice and a red light next to its on/off switch is blinking. I have replaced the pur water filter and reset the water filtration and...

View more questions Search