Ask
    HeadStrongBoy Posts: 351, Reputation: -4

Mar 2, 2010, 12:25 AM
    Comment on LearningAsIGo's post
    Hard to believe but true nevertheless.
    Triund Posts: 271, Reputation: 24

Mar 19, 2010, 10:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shumani View Post
    If i was saved and i backslide for example i went back to the life i use to live like prostitution, killing, stealing exc, if I can die busy doing my sins, If the rapture come am i still going to heaven?
    When some one is rescued by Lord Jesus from sinful life, HE not only forgives our sins but also cleanse us of all our impurities plus gives us Holy Spirit. This Holy Spirit helps us in our weaknesses (Romans 8:36). When we hear to the Spirit HE has given us, even though we are tempted we would not fall in the sin because there is always an exit door in that tempetation and we have to seek for that door. Spirit would give us strength to walk through that door.

God might give another chance to those whom HE has chosen for HIS glory and have not rejected HIM through HIS son Lord Jesus Christ. But why should one let that scenario appear when Paul tells us clearly in Hebrews 10, "26 For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, 27 but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries. 28 Anyone who has rejected Moses’ law dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. 29 Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace?

Therefore always seek for the escape door whenever devil traps you in a tempetation.
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Mar 19, 2010, 02:21 PM

If you are truly saved god is your father. Read your Bible and read in book of Luke. Bless you
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Mar 19, 2010, 09:45 PM

Read the ENTIRE New Testament for the answer...
    There is NO once saved always saved.
    Jesus saves, Yes, but not wiillfull repeated sinning
    That rejects God.
    We NUST confess that we are sinners and continually do so as
    we continually sin during this life ,
    We must be humble and not arrogant.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Mar 19, 2010, 10:17 PM
    In the book of Luke Chapter 15:11-24. The story of the prodigal son.

This young man took his inheritance and went out into the world. Now his father had different plans for his son, yet the son left and went so far into sin he didn't think he would ever find his way back. But the prayers of his father and the grace of our heavenly father made him see the errors of his way. His father saw him coming back home and ran to greet him.

We have all been like the son in this story. Some of us have wandered so far away from God we even doubt if we've ever been saved. But true salvation means he has shed his blood for you and for me. The price of sin is costly and God sometimes has to give us a good shaking or sometimes even a harsh lesson to show us we have sinned. Jesus said' what is mine no man can pluck out of my hand.

You will be tempted to go back into the world and do the same as you did before you were saved, but you have to be strong to stand against
    the evil one. Like the prodigal son our Father will forgive you and once you are under the blood it's impossible to unsaved. If you have been truly saved you don't want to do the things you did before. You are in the world but not of the world.

He tells us You are bought with a price and that is his blood. There are many danger signs God puts in front of us to warn us. Your heart will lead you to do the right thing. I sin every day of my life and I'm ashamed of some of the things I say. I know if I die tonight where I'm going. Paul tells us. "To be absent from the body is to present with the Lord".

Nothing , nothing can make you unsaved. If we had to be saved every time we sinned, then Jesus would have to back to the cross each time. But you need to pray and ask his forgiveness when you do wrong.
    I think of the agony Jesus suffered for me and how he said , My grace is sufficient for all. God Bless You and Keep You in The palm of his hands.
    Ultra Member

Mar 20, 2010, 07:20 PM

Kitkat22,
    Jesus went to the cross for all one time. It was all that was necessary.
    But the bible says that we MUST confess our sins for forgiveness.
    When we pray the Lord's Prayer we ask for the same.
    Fred
    belovedgift Posts: 69, Reputation: 13

Mar 23, 2010, 08:58 AM

Jesus says in john 5:24,"verily, verily I say to you,anyone who hears my words and believes on he who sent me has everlasting life,and does not come into condemnation but has passed from death into life."
    many people throughout history have preached and taught that we are to be condemned to hell for our sin,and that sin separates us from God because sin cannot dwell in the presence of God. Well, let's reason shall we? We believe that God is all powerful and all present and eternal,in short God is always everywhere,right. Then how can sin escape his presence? Where can sin go to avoid God? If you believe in jesus then receive his promise. John 3:17 says for god sent not his son to condemn the world. The question is really are we condemned by god for sin? John3:19 this is the condemnation,that light is come into the world,and men love darkness rather than light because their deeds were evil. At first glance it may seem yes,we are condemned for sin,but look closely and find hope. Men loved darkness rather than light-what light is he talking about? John 1:4-5 shows Jesus is this light. We reject him because we do evil things,so in reality we condemn ourselves by ignoring Jesus. He calls his life everlasting-if you could be exempt from this life he offers because you sin,then would it be very everlasting? I think not. However you continue to condemn yourself ,and God will take action in your life. Believe me if you have every really put your trust in him, and you then ignore him he will get your attention,if not in private certainly in public. So please, if you are walking in sin confess it 1john 1:9 if we confess our sin he is faithfull and just to forgive us our sin and clense us from all unrightousness.
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2010, 11:24 PM

belovedgift ,
    Thanks much for your thots on that.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Triund Posts: 271, Reputation: 24

Mar 31, 2010, 05:53 AM

I have nothing more to add what already has been posted except one thing which I was reading yesterday and it sounded so disgusting but that is the reality. In today world's we are trying to be sweet with everyone and in that attempt we dilute the values of the Bible.

This passage is from 2 Peter 2:20-22- 20 For if, after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in them and overcome, the latter end is worse for them than the beginning. 21 For it would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than having known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered to them. 22 But it has happened to them according to the true proverb: “A dog returns to his own vomit,” and, “a sow, having washed, to her wallowing in the mire.”
    dwashbur Posts: 1,456, Reputation: 175
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2010, 03:12 PM

Are people saved by grace? In spite of themselves and anything they've done? Ephesians 2 tells us in plain terms that nothing related to our salvation comes from ourselves, it's all a gift from God. So logically, if I can't do anything to merit or earn God's gracious gift, how can I do anything to merit losing it? If we're saved by grace, we're kept by that same grace, or else it's not grace at all but a scorekeeping system. God doesn't work that way, and you won't find scorekeeping in the New Testament. You find grace from start to finish.
    Ultra Member

Mar 31, 2010, 09:56 PM

Triund,
    Yes we are saved by grace as long as we do as the bible tells us to do.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2010, 02:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by arcura View Post
    Triund,
    Yes we are saved by grace as long as we do as the bible tells us to do.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Then it's not grace, it's works.
    belovedgift Posts: 69, Reputation: 13

Apr 2, 2010, 04:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dwashbur View Post
    Then it's not grace, it's works.
    Jesus said that the work of God was to believe in him. If belief being an action prompts faith as a reaction is not faith then a work in it's own right? If grace is God's reaction to faith,and this causes salvation,could this not mean that faith is not just something we think,but something we do?
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2010, 04:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by belovedgift View Post
    Jesus said that the work of God was to believe in him. If belief being an action prompts faith as a reaction is not faith then a work in it's own right? If grace is God's reaction to faith,and this causes salvation,could this not mean that faith is not just something we think,but something we do?
    I see what you're saying, and I have often said that faith is a verb. In fact, I prefer to translate it "trust." Yes, it's an active thing, but there's a clear distinction in the New Testament between trusting in God and being saved by his grace, and trying to do enough to earn your way into his favor. So in the New Testament sense, faith is not a "work" in the sense of doing this, that and the other thing in order to build up brownie points in the Grace Bank. Does that clarify my position? (Or is it as clear as mud?) ;)
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2010, 07:09 PM

dwashbur,
    To me faith in God IS a work.
    I live by trying to do as God asks me to do and that is a work of grace.
    God serves us and we serve God.
    Grace is a gift and by God's grace we are healed and saved.
    Serving God is our gift of grace to God.
    That's the way I think of it.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2010, 07:16 PM
    dwashbur,
    To me faith in God IS a work.
    I live by trying to do as God asks me to do and that is a work of grace.
    God serves us and we serve God.
    Grace is a gift and by God's grace we are healed and saved.
    Serving God is our gift of grace to God.
    That's the way I think of it.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Cool.
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2010, 07:19 PM
    dwashbur
    Thanks,
    Fred
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2010, 07:53 PM
    dwashbur
    Thanks,
    Fred
    My pleasure. I was in a hurry before (had to prepare supper), but I should expand a little beyond "cool" :rolleyes:

When I say "works" I mean the way that certain "cults" use it, as well as the way orthodox Judaism uses it. I actually sat in a graduate class under a Rabbi who said in so many words "It's a point system. Doing good things gets you points, doing bad things takes them away. At the end, God tallies them up and your score determines your destiny." Several of my pet peeve religions take the same approach: it's a merit system, how good you are determines whether you earn God's favor or not. But grace, by definition, is UNmerited. It's purely a gift and can't be earned.

I suspect we're a lot closer in view than we seem to be, so I'm hoping I've taken the first step to stop talking past each other :o
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2010, 09:23 PM

dwashbur,
    Thanks for your clarification.
    I understand what you mean.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    RustyFairmount Posts: 165, Reputation: 40

Apr 5, 2010, 09:12 PM

No. Absolutely not. Those who sin must ask forgiveness or burn. Christ dies for our sins, which is like opening a door to heaven. But only through our humility before the Lord, asking His forgiveness, may we pass.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Will you go to heaven or hell if you sin on purpose and you are saved? [ 132 Answers ]

Ok... I got saved about 5 or 6 months ago and my boyfriend who used to be a very good christian encouraged me to.. well now my boyfriend is slacking off and has been purposely doing sins, and asks God for forgiveness, knowing that he will do it again.. and he thinks that just because he is saved he...

Unable to restore saved back up disks. [ 1 Answers ]

I used Nero as a program. I used it a while back to save my documents and other files like pictures and videos , etc. I used the Nero back up program to do it. Now I am trying to restore this back up because my computer is done, and I do not want to lose any pictures and videos or documents...

Is it too late 4me to be saved?will god 4give me? [ 57 Answers ]

I am 25yrs old.I have been a terrible person throughout my life.alot of times thinking of no one but myself.I do not go to church,but I do believe in god.my question is... is it too late for me to be saved?is it to late for god to forgive me for my awful sins?I want to do better,and make the lord a...

Do it God will paid back [ 1 Answers ]

I am Teddy yao Phillips, I live in liberia I'm going to school and now doing every thing for myself and it a task for me are can't go all the way with it, so for now I'm seeking a sponsor to help me.this is my address if any one can help [email protected] so please if you do for me God will be...

Oh my God She Doubled Back today! [ 1 Answers ]

History: The Antichrist left me 3 months ago. I imposed No Contact immediately (After all she has now left me 14 times in 18 years). Moved house changed all numbers and Email addressthe lot. Just didn't want to change jobs. She called me today at work: Me: Good Morning (Business Name) John...

View more questions Search