Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SparklinDiamond Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Dec 16, 2006, 09:17 AM
    Suing a company!!
    If you are suing someone for faulty goods (machinery) and you lost the first case at the county court or small claims court, can you appeal to the top of the hierarchy of the courts in the U.K?
    For example can you appeal to all of these: High court, divisional courts, courts of appeal, house of lords and european court of justice, or just some of them?
    Help me!! :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 16, 2006, 09:43 AM
    Hello Sparklin:

Well, you didn't say the UK. IF the British courts work the same as the American courts (and that's where we learned it), then you have appeal rights in ANY case. The problem is, filing it in a timely manner.

To find out what timely is, buy, borrow, beg, or otherwise obtain a copy of the court rules for the particular court your case was denied in. It will clearly state how much time you have to file an appeal in that court.

If you've missed your deadlines, then... then... you missed your deadlines.

excon
    SparklinDiamond Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Dec 16, 2006, 09:45 AM
    Thanks! But I'm not sure whether it is the same as America

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Suing an Employee for Slander [ 3 Answers ]

As mentioned in my other post here; https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/corporate-law/wrongful-termination-44665.html Is it possible to sue a employee (not the company who employes her) for slander, and defamation of character? As a result, both myself and my son have lost decent paying jobs, and...

Landord Suing for Rent [ 1 Answers ]

My friend leased a trailer in the country for nine months, but she signed a year lease. When she moved in, she had to do a lot of fixing up. However, she brought a lot of animals in and out over those months that she was there. She discussed prior to moving if she could move early if she found a...

Amex suing me [ 5 Answers ]

From New Jersey Hi everyone, Well I was working a job and decided ultimately I needed to go back to school. My income declined sharply while my expenses sort of grew and I ran into credit card debt with Amex. My father offerred to help me and we attempted to settle with Amex, but they...

Suing for $5k in auto damages [ 6 Answers ]

What is the name of your state? CA I'm suing a party for roughly $5k in auto damages. They hit me from behind, but claimed it was a hit-and-run. Although I and one other witness (who may not be able to show up in court) saw nothing of the sort. I'm wondering if anyone can give me any advice...

Tenant suing for deposit [ 15 Answers ]

Hi, I have a problem that I could really use some help on. It is long so skip this posting if you only answer the short postings. I own a two family house in Massachusetts, which I live in one of the apartments. I received a document from the court that states an August 2006 date to...

View more questions Search