Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2010, 10:38 AM
    Divine? What does it mean?
    I read a mission statement for Community of Christ denomination ( a.k.a. the REorgainized church of latter day saints.) They made the statement that Jesus was the Son of God, the Word made flesh, fully human and fully divine. Does that mean they believe he was indeed GOD? I have heard catholics call Mary "divine" so I guess I am confused. What does it mean??
    JoeT777 Posts: 1,248, Reputation: 44
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2010, 11:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by classyT View Post
    I read a mission statement for Community of Christ denomination ( a.k.a. the REorgainized church of latter day saints.) They made the statement that Jesus was the Son of God, the Word made flesh, fully human and fully divine. Does that mean they believe he was indeed GOD? I have heard catholics call Mary "divine" so I guess I am confused. What does it mean????
    T, et al:

When used as a noun and capitalized ‘Divine’ most always means God; when lowercased ‘divine’ can mean godly or godlike. When used as an adjective its meaning can pertain to God or proceeding from God or being a God (usually capitalized)

JoeT
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Mar 18, 2010, 03:47 PM

Thanks Joe, that is what I thought but wasn't sure. I don't think they believe he is God.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Divine injection on to Adam [ 7 Answers ]

After the physical structure of ADAM been made by god, then god did have to blow into adams soil body, then ADAM became energetic, is it indicate that every human being basically carrying divinity, not only jesus, but every one-

DIVINE prophecies! [ 3 Answers ]

Prophecy is the foretelling of something that is to occur in the future. It is the teaching or foretelling of future events beyond the power of natural man. Therefore prophecy that is true is a statement of facts and happenings made known ahead of time to take place in the future. Otherwise stated,...

Need divine direction ! [ 2 Answers ]

Hi , This is dipakh from mumbai, I have been unemployed from several months. Can some one guide me & reveal to me what's in store pour moi ? I hope I get some help here ! (dob 24/10/77) Rgds, Dipakh

Luck,chance or Divine will? [ 10 Answers ]

I had just walked in through the main door with my 3 month old baby in my arms. And put my keys into the front door to open it, I heard a crashing sound. Something hit my arm and I felt my legs give way beneath me. My baby rolled out of my arms onto the paved ground near our front door. I...

Is the Bible divine? [ 10 Answers ]

Just for my curiosity, What is it that makes the Bible the divine word of GOD? As it was written by men (many) how do we know it is the word of GOD? What credibility do the man who wrote it have? Is this the only word of God?

View more questions Search