Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    radar2229 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2010, 11:19 AM
    Cerec dental crowns (CAD/CAM prefabricated) good or bad?
    My dentist (had for last 3 years) wants to replace one full porcelain crown and one gold onlay both on bicuspids. He wants to gingivectomies on both teeth which I guestion. My gums are in great shape (cleanings every 6 months and used to be a dental assistant and hygienist).

I believe he wants to gingivectomies instead of cord packing for impressions to save time in order to do Cerec dental crowns.

I'm also concerned about strength of Cerec dental crowns vs. porcelain fused to noble metal.

Appreciate any comments
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Mar 2, 2010, 01:03 PM
    The strongest material to use in your mouth is gold. It is also the healthiest. Do these teeth have decay? If these restorations need to be replaced due to decay then I would go with porcelain fused to gold for the full coverage and all gold for the onlay.

My teeth have either gold inlays or porcelain fused to gold. I tried all porcelain inlays but they broke down too quickly, that's why I now have gold.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dental crowns [ 2 Answers ]

In Nov 2009, I had 6 crowns - canine to canine - put in and 4 veneers on the premolars and molars. Now a space has grown in between my two front teeth. It catches food, makes my speech lispy and looks bad. I suspect the space is caused because of ill fitting crowns/veneers. I have about 3 loose...

From a bad reltionship to a good but that turned bad to! [ 27 Answers ]

Hi People, I am a newbie here, I will have to start from the beginning I was going through a bad relationship a few years ago, I was going through domestic violence etc etc. After I gave birth to my daughter I then decided that I didn't want her around violence and arguments everyday so I told...

Do I have a good case for dental malpractice? [ 2 Answers ]

This problem is of my MIL, but she is afraid to do something about it, yet she really needs help to resolve it. About 5 years ago her dentist excised a crown from the molar tooth. Together with the crown he also excised 2 nearby teeth, obviously unintentionally, it just happened. Then, to make up...

Dental work inexpensive at Dental Schools? [ 1 Answers ]

In the Raleigh-Cary area, do any of the Dental Schools offer inexpensive routine care for seniors on a tight budget? Thank you, Bob

View more questions Search