Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ramidon1995 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2010, 06:25 PM
    How to give your girlfriend space
    Threads merged and moved to more appropriate section

My girlfriend told me today that she needed more space and I respect that and want to give her space because I love her and don't want to have her leave :( but I really don't know how to give her space please help
    suhari Posts: 56, Reputation: 3

Feb 24, 2010, 08:03 PM

Provide space means giving your boyfriend the freedom to interact with the community. This can be done such as:
    1. let him watch a movie with coworkers
    2. let him go shopping with her girlfriends
    3. give him time to have dinner with his family
    4. given the opportunity to rest from work and not home to ask her out when she was tired
    Thanks
    dynocompe Posts: 331, Reputation: 56

Feb 25, 2010, 01:43 AM

When your partner asks for space, you give it. TO me askign for space is basically breaking up. So I would go NO contact, and let your partner have there time to think. If they come back to youl, then you have the choice if you want to pursue it, if they don't come back to you, there loss right? And you will be much happier finding someone who wants to be with u!
    Just remember everyone needs time to themselves, and can't be smothered by there partner 24/7. Try being more independent, and having a life that doesn't always involve your partner. Always keep your friends, and the relationships with your friends strong. Have a life that doesn't involve just your partner

Feb 25, 2010, 09:14 AM
    I don't know how to give her more space then I already give her and I do a sport and that keeps me so busy that we only can hang out once a week or once every 2 weeks so I don't know how to give her more
    neverme Posts: 1,430, Reputation: 270
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2010, 09:59 AM

I think that asking for space is simply that: feeling a bit smothered or as though you are losing your individual identity.

But in light of the information that you only see each other once a week, think this girl is looking to break up.

My advice: Talk to her, tell her that you don't see how you can give each other more space and see her as you only see her once a week.

Tell me, what age are you? If you are very young it may be that this is all she expects from a relationship, simply the title of girlfriend and nothing else?

Let us know.
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2010, 10:25 AM

Does the 1995 stand for the year you were born?
    If so the two of you are quite young,and I don't think this has so much to do with wanting space,I think she has had second thoughts about being in a relationship.

Have a serious talk with her and ask her what she means.

Feb 25, 2010, 10:53 AM
    Yeah that's when I'm born and I have talked with her she says that she is starting to get annoying when I say I love you or I miss you and we have been going out for 9 months when Monday comes around
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2010, 11:02 AM

Well I'm sorry,but it does sound as if her feelings are changing.

These things happen,and I would actually ask her if she wants to break up-at least that way you will know.

Feb 25, 2010, 11:05 AM

I have asked that and she said she doesn't want to break up but take a break and still be going out as in complicated
    jaime90 Posts: 1,157, Reputation: 163
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2010, 12:01 PM

Space means more time alone as individuals, and less time spent as a couple. More time for her to do her own thing, to be her own person. Less contact. Just taking a couple steps back from each other.

Feb 25, 2010, 12:44 PM
    OK ill do that jamie

Mar 7, 2010, 10:31 AM
    Don't know what to do
    OK so me and my girlfriend have been going out for 9 months now and she told me that she needed space and I let her have space and we got better and yesterday it all of a sudden got really bad and I don't know what to do to save our relationship we are only 14 so were young but I like her a ton I haven't felt this way with any of my old girlfriends and I have never been able to stay going out for this long so I need to know what will help me get through this
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 7, 2010, 12:40 PM

I have talked with her she says that she is starting to get annoying when I say I love you or I miss you
    Change the conversations back to other things, besides the sappy romance stuff. If its not to late. I mean how much more space does she need? You barely see her at all unless you're always texting, and calling. Stop that, too.

She doesn't sound that interested to me, And I would give her plenty of space until she called me. So what if she dumps you? Do you know how many girls around you would be more than willing to share some good times with you?
    The Dark09 Posts: 161, Reputation: 8

Mar 8, 2010, 09:32 AM

Just let her hang with her friends, parents, or some people she knows.

Jun 20, 2010, 12:14 PM
    Don't know what to do
    Me and my girlfriend have been dating for over a year and we r young and neither one of us want to go really far but. Today we were watching TV and she like got on top of me and we started to makeout and I was feeling her up and we both enjoyed it is it time to go a little further was this a bad thing to do just give me your thoughts (we were both fully clothed)
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Jun 20, 2010, 12:59 PM

How old are you? Do you know the risk of pregnancy and STDs when you have unprotected sex?

You say you're both young... I would guess you are way to young to have sex. Wait till you're older and you're ready for a relationship.

I would hope you are being properly supervised... sounds like you aren't.
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2010, 01:05 PM

Your 15,your too young.

Simple as that.

Don't put yourselves in the situation where you could both get into trouble.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 20, 2010, 02:17 PM

Keep your clothes on, and you will be all right, all of them.
    Kitkat22 Posts: 6,302, Reputation: 1191
    Uber Member

Jun 20, 2010, 02:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    Keep your clothes on, and you will be alright, all of them.

Yes... Exactly!
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Jun 21, 2010, 04:49 AM
    If the two of you have gone that far, don't kid yourself that it won't happen again.

She should be on the pill, and you should be carrying condoms.

Telling 16 year olds not to have sex when they want to, doesn't mean squat usually.

Your head may tell you not to, but your hormones get in the way.

The relationship itself seems to be up and down and all over the place. Try dealing with that first, knowing where you stand, before you go any further.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How much space do I give my girlfriend? [ 4 Answers ]

Me and my girlfriend have been dating for almost six months now. Everything seemed to be going great. We spent almost everyday together and were happy. Then before I was leaving to go to work on the road. She told me she needed time and space to think and see if she could be happy on her own. We...

Girlfriend is really angry with me should I give her space [ 4 Answers ]

Girlfiend and I had a huge row which invloved the police, I never hit her I broke a few things in house and now she don't want nothing to do with me, she knows I been under lot of stress due to parents health but she is ignoring all my phone calls and texts, should I give her a bit of space to calm...

Girlfriend left because she needed space. Giving her space, but how do I get her back [ 14 Answers ]

My girlfriend of 1 1/2 years broke up with me. She said that she needed space. The reasoning behind this is that she says she just felt unhappy for a while, because of some of my actions. I love her dearly, and I have been giving her the space she has requested. She says that she loves me, but...

Should I give my girlfriend the space she wants or just end it? [ 14 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I (both in our early 20's) have been going out for close to 5 months. Also 3 months before she started dating me, she had just ended an intense 3 year relationship and had been emotionally abused. (Fyi, she's also completely cut him off from her life, so I know the ex is not an...

How do I tell him to give me space ? [ 17 Answers ]

My partner and I had unprotected sex and now I'm pregnant. After discussing what to do he made it very clear that keeping the baby is not what he wants and it would wreck his life, he isn't ready emotionally physically or mentally.. Although I do want the baby because the thought of an abortion...

View more questions Search