Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    beanster Posts: 69, Reputation: 2

Dec 9, 2006, 10:57 PM
    Am I wrong?
    Am I wrong to be upset when my husband comes home at seven in the morning after calling the night before and saying that he just is going for something to eat with friends and there had been a history of cheating?
    Just asking...
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Dec 9, 2006, 10:59 PM
    No your not wrong. You have every right to be upset and suspicious.
    s2tp Posts: 299, Reputation: 61

Dec 9, 2006, 11:04 PM
    Umm No your are not wrong... He is!
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2006, 01:02 AM
    Upset?
    What?
    Just upset?
    If my hubby came crawling in at 7am with out proof that World War III had started, his bags would be packed and in the hall!
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 10, 2006, 01:08 AM
    Of course you are RIGHT to be upset, and to vent your feelings and let him know that there will be hell to pay for upseting you.

Dec 10, 2006, 11:19 AM
    He complains that I am only nit-picking...
    Uber Member

Dec 10, 2006, 12:14 PM
    Here is a strong enough message. Time for counseling or time for a divorce and move on.
    bubbler_77 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2006, 12:24 PM
    You have every right to be upset that your other half is spending nights away!

You and him really need to have a good long talk about where you and him are going in the marriage that you are both in, time for some straight talking on both sides... You need to express to him the way he is making you feel, but you also need to listen to things that he has to say too.

Try sitting down together over a meal and have a good long honest talk...
    Bhavi_baboon Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2006, 12:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by beanster
    Am I wrong to be upset when my husband comes home at seven in the morning after calling the night before and saying that he just is going for something to eat with friends and there had been a history of cheating?
    Just asking...

UHUH that's not good if he has cheated try and let him down easy! Start with that!:D

Dec 10, 2006, 12:34 PM
    It is not possible to have a reasonable talk about our relationship.he accuses me of painting him black and that he cannot do anything right in my eyes.So far,he has not expressed remorse about the affair or made any steps towards a reconciliation.I have told him that we are heading to splits-ville and I think that he seems happy with that.But I did ask him to refrain from any closer contact to other women until we are divorced.
    Uber Member

Dec 10, 2006, 12:55 PM
    Like he really is going to listen to that. You obvously already know what he is capable of. Think it is time to get the process started the faster the better. No remorse, doesn't care. He is ready to move too.
    Bhavi_baboon Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2006, 12:56 PM
    It is not possible to have a reasonable talk about our relationship.he accuses me of painting him black and that he cannot do anything right in my eyes.So far,he has not expressed remorse about the affair or made any steps towards a reconciliation.I have told him that we are heading to splits-ville and I think that he seems happy with that.But I did ask him to refrain from any closer contact to other women until we are divorced.

Look just file for divorce no matter what it takes
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Dec 10, 2006, 01:27 PM
    But I did ask him to refrain from any closer contact to other women until we are divorced.
    Very few cheating men will abide by that request when divorce is already in the wind.
    So far, he has not expressed remorse about the affair or made any steps towards a reconciliation. I have told him that we are heading to splits-ville and I think that he seems happy with that.
    You have all the answers you need from him. Now is the time to make the wind blow faster, so to speak. Take this relationship apart as quickly as possible for your own mental health. Any delay is only more opportunity for you to get further hurt.

Dec 10, 2006, 02:01 PM
    I asked him if he wanted divorce and he tried to change the subject but I kept on asking and finally he said that he doesn't know.

Dec 10, 2006, 02:21 PM
    i asked him if he wanted divorce and he tried to change the subject but i kept on asking and finally he said that he doesn't know.
    Don't ask anymore. Make it happen instead. Start by calling someone to help you... a friend, a family member, someone. I hate to say it but its either that or be his doormat for the rest of your married life. Your choice here. There is no magic third option, sorry.
    Allheart Posts: 1,639, Reputation: 436
    Ultra Member

Dec 10, 2006, 02:45 PM
    Beanster,

Val has put it so perfectly. There is no majic third option.

Beanster, I am so sorry for this rough road you are on, but from where I sit, the sooner you get off this road, end this emotional torture, you will be on a much better and happier road.

I wish you strength to get through this, courage to stand up for yourself, and to be blessed with the knowledge that not only should you not accept this, the power is in your hands not to accept it any longer.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Dec 10, 2006, 05:07 PM
    Of course it's not wrong for you to be upset. Just what the hell (besides the obvious) is he doing staying out until 7AM? Having a 12-hour meal out with his "friends?" Come on, now!
    Uber Member

Dec 10, 2006, 05:30 PM
    Go to court and file the papers. Please do not be niave. Sounds like excuses are being made now. Eighter you want a divorce or not. If you do go to the courts to file papers. Reason for divorce. Adultery.

Simple.

I know marriage is supposed to be for a life time. Marriage is through sickness and health and rich and poor. There are exemptions to this rule especially when he decided to cheat on you.

Joe

Dec 10, 2006, 07:06 PM
    I am asking because this has happened many times before,actually,ever since we were together.He would go to the bars after work without telling me where he is going or when he is coming back but staying out all night is since about six months which is when I uncovered his affair.I think that he is not cheating with only one woman but several.I also just looked up "narcisstic personality" and it fits him to the T.

Dec 10, 2006, 07:10 PM
    I am glad to hear you have filed for divorce...

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/marria...hat-38899.html

Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is Wrong with me? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I think I have Problem cause I am never in the mood to have sex with my husband. He wants to most of the time , I never ever want to have sex . I started to feel like this after I had my baby. And its been almost 3 years I've been feeling this way. Its like I hate sex and Feel very dirty or...

Is it wrong? [ 10 Answers ]

I was wondering everyone's feedback on the question is it wrong for man to feel less of himself if his girlfriend has slept with more guys then he has women?Is it wrong for him to want to go out and match her or destroy her total?I haven't been a man to want to conquer the universe until I met my...

Please tell me if I'm wrong [ 26 Answers ]

Hello everyone. It's been a while since I've posted on here referring back to my extremely bad relationship that I was in. Most of you all don't know, but I ended up leaving my abusive boyfriend of six years-back in June. We are still not together. Well long story short, we have 2 kids together....

Dr.wrong? [ 19 Answers ]

I've been on Ridolin for about a year now. Everything was fine. I went to all of my appointments, never canceled a single one. Three weeks ago my doctor decided that I needed to go to a psychologist ( the same one that diagnosed me with ADHD) and also have a psych evaluation done otherwise I could...

What's wrong with me? [ 9 Answers ]

I'm almost 36 years old, a stay at home mother of four girls ages 4-10 and have been with my husband since we started dating when I was fourteen (married for 13 years). I have absolutely no interest at all in sex anymore. In fact at times, when my husband comes on to me, I'm repulsed and feel...

View more questions Search