Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mommy954 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2010, 07:45 PM
    The screen is black on my TV when I turn it on.
    I have a panasonic 1997 tube TV model number CT-36G32V. When we turn it on the screen is black... I only hear sound until I bang hard on the side of the TV... then the picture comes on. When we are watching it the screen goes away and sometimes we get a white horizontal line in the middle of the screen.Does anyone have a fix for what it could be. It will cost $80.00 for someone to just take a look at it. PLEAS HELP!! :confused:
    Cjlennon623 Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2010, 12:16 PM

I'm having the same problem with my Sanyo. I found a bad solder joint on the circuit board but I waited too long to resolder it. Now, I blew out something on the horizontal board and I have a permanent white line on my screen. If you know any one that is good with soldering circuit boards, get them to open up the TV and closely inspect the circuit board. It's usually easy to spot a bad joint. If you don't know any one, stop by a Radio Shack and ask if any of the employees work on circuit boards on the side. Radio Shack often attracts folks like that. Best of luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Screen goes black [ 7 Answers ]

Ok, I have a IBM thinkpad, when we turn it on, the screen comes and lights up and shows IBM, and it shows it is pulling up windows, but as soon as the windows starts to open, the screen goes black. Nothing. I can hook another monitor to the back of the lap top and it works fine, What...

Black Screen Of Death [ 9 Answers ]

Yesterday, I booted up my desktop computer and it refused to completely load. That is, the black screen with the Compaq splash screen would come up, and that's where the comp would stop. If I press any button, the splash screen goes away and a black screen comes up with <F10=Setup> in the bottom...

Black screen after windows splash screen windows xp [ 2 Answers ]

Black screen after windows splash screen windows xp

View more questions Search