Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    STOPARRETT03HDACCD Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2006, 06:27 PM
    03 Honda Accord EX Radio Backlighting Problem
    I have a 03 Honda Accord EX with 42,000 mileson it. Well, the backlighting for the audio and climate control sceen is not lighting up. Everything still works on the radio but I can't see a thing. I don't really know why this happened but if anyone can help me with how I can get the system out maybe I can fix it. The dealer told me it would cost me $500 to $1000 th let them fix it, but I think there just money hungry. If anyone can, PLEASE HELP, thanks, STOPARRETT03HDACCD
    rcelctronics Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Dec 7, 2006, 05:27 PM
    The problem is an internal fuse in the display backlighting circuit inside of the radio. You should not attempt to repair it yourself unless you have a good understanding of electronics, know how to read a schematic, and can solder and desolder ting surface mount parts. Otherwise, a car stereo repair shop can fix it for you much cheaper than replacing it through Honda -- I typically charge about $100 retail.

Hope this helps,

Roger

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2003 Honda Accord Radio [ 2 Answers ]

Radio works but cannot see display.

Honda accord radio problem [ 2 Answers ]

98 honda accord ex... anti theft light is blinking, but nothing shows on the display. I think "code" is supposed to show in the display and then I enter the code and the radio is supposed to come on. If the display is blanK, could that indicate another problem with the radio?

View more questions Search