Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dragonkinsoul Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jan 22, 2010, 07:58 AM
    I had a rather strange dream, and I would like to know what it could mean.
    The dream I had started like a normal dream, except my teeth started to "fall out" Except there was still a tooth there after I was done, the theeth that came out were more along the lines of shedding. At first they seemed to fall out, but there was still a tooth there, except a little smaller, however, my canines, when they shed, they grew longer and thinner, the others just got a little shorter and a lot sharper. After this revelation in the dream as to the shape of the teeth, I was along the lines of extatic/happy. I think there might have been more to the dream, but at this moment, I cannot remember. Any ideas as to the meaning? Thanks!
    jaime90 Posts: 1,157, Reputation: 163
    Ultra Member

Jan 22, 2010, 10:19 AM

Losing one, some, or all of your teeth, is one of the most common dreams that people experience. I experience them on multiple occasions, they feel, and seem really weird. I don't think there is significant meaning to this dream.
    black111madonna Posts: 101, Reputation: 15

Jan 24, 2010, 08:50 AM

To Dragonkinsoul:

Our teeth are nescesarry to chew our food which serves as an energysource. If you are losing your teeth in a dream it means that in reality you lack physical and spiritual energy.
    Losing your teeth can also mean that you are losing contact with your fellowbeings. Another explanation could be that you feel guilty about your lovelife.

Some cultures believe when you dream about losing your teeth that you will loose someone or something that's really important to you.

Hope this was of help... good luck!

Jan 25, 2010, 06:42 AM

I have seen those before, thanks for the input, but I was wondering more about the part where the fact was that the teeth were "shedding" sort of like scales would, and there were still teeth there, maybe more "lethal" teeth, like a vampire's teeth, and I wasn't horrified, or scared in the dream, except when I first had a few come out, then I was overly happy with what had REPLACED my 'human' teeth. That was more what I was wondering.
    Ultra Member

Jan 25, 2010, 12:01 PM

Dreams don't usually have specific meaning. Your brain is like a big bowl- every day thoughts and feelings are put into the bowl. At night, your dreams are like a hand reaching into the bowl, putting your thoughts together into a story in your head. The more often you think about something, the more likely it is to be thrown into the "bowl" and the more likely it is to be pulled out by the hand, and into your dreams.

I think you've been watching too much TV! Obviously, the vampire craze for pre-teens and teens, is a little out of hand, and EVERYONE, wants to be a vampire, so it wouldn't surprise me if you've had a dream like this, and are asking us what it means... have you been reading books, and watching movies about this thing?

Just a little addition here: Since I was 14, I've had dreams about werewolves. I turned into them, I was bitten by them, I saved them, I was friends with them, I fought with them, almost every night. These dreams had a big affect on me. Not only did I see my dreams, I felt them too. And I would wake up, and feel them, I would wake up in cold sweats, I would yell, scream, and talk about it in my sleep. To this day, I can recall the feeling of turning into one. I wanted to know if these dreams had any significance, why I ALWAYS dreamed about it, and why they were so vivid and I could feel them. I think I'm just hoping that there is no significance to them, so I stopped asking. It's been 5 years and I still have these dreams.

Jan 25, 2010, 06:24 PM

Well, actually, I haven't watched TV for about 2 years. I have had other dreams in which I see and feel everything in the dream, like one was like class, I used to carry a bag that had all my stuff in it, and in the dream every class change, students needed to ride the bus to get to the next class(this took place in a desert like area, in which I have not actually visited a desert). As I was standing up from one class, I accidentally knocked the bag over, and all my stuff spilled out. I hurried to put it all back in the bag, then ran out to catch the bus, but it had already started to move. I ran after it anyway, trying to catch it, but I was obviously slower. I still followed the bus, running after it, and I remembered that there was a corner at which it had to turn on the right side, that also had a gas station there, with a few cars at it. I started to run faster with a slight curve to the right, and I noticed my strides were longer, like jumps more than running. As I almost reached the gas station/corner, the bus stopped to turn at the corner, and I had figured to cut off the bus, then get on. By the time I reached the corner/gas station, my bounds were so high, I had to grab the edge of the roof over the pumps, I climbed up, and looked for a way down, seeing a car under the edge, I figured it would be better to hit that then pavement, and when I jumped down, I actually landed about 10-20 feet further than I thought, and I landed just fine, but the bus was ahead of me again, so I continued to run/bound. After a few more minutes of this, I realized I hadn't touched the ground for a little bit, so I looked down, and about a half-mile below me was the bus, but the interesting part was the size and shape of my shadow. It looked much wider than it should have been, I moved my hands, and they were still normal, then looked to the left, and I saw this gigantic wing, like a dragon wing, extending from my body by about 20-30 feet from each side, they looked sort of pebbly and maroon. I got a weird Idea and moved my arms against them, I saw my arms fuse with the wings, and suddenly, I could feel every slight breeze, the thermals, the temperature, everything. I was actually ahead of the bus at that point, but it was headed into a high-roofed canyon, that had thin walls, at least in comparison to the wings, so I folded them slightly, and landed on a ledge way above the bus, and started to run to the other side of the tunnel/canyon. But the ledge ended about 100-200 feet from the other end of the tunnel, so I jumped, and slightly opened the wings so I wouldn't fall, I scraped the edges of the wings on the rocky walls, feeling a bunch of the pain from them, and made it out of the tunnel. I flew ahead of the bus, and about that point I woke up. About all my dreams are in color, and about ten percent of them I feel as if I was actually experiencing it. The only dreams I am planning on describing are the ones that have not left my mind since I dreamed them, or the ones where I felt every detail.

From what I have heard before, dreams you actually feel can have meaning, and some dreams actually do have a significant meaning, sometimes the dream can happen later with a big feeling of de ja' vu, which if I tried to cound how many dreams I have had that ended up happening in life, I would have to say somewhere close to 50 at least. I am trying to see if anyone has an idea of how my dreams may be interpereted and I appreciate anyone who takes the time to send their input, but I have at least two more dreams that I will describe later, one that is sort of like actual sci-fi, and one that was like a crush/fascination when I did watch TV. I felt the full effects of them both.
    Ultra Member

Jan 25, 2010, 06:51 PM

I had a dream 2 days ago that was very vivid. It was kind of like the one that you had, but much more complicated. And it all made sense.
    I was wandering around the base of a mountain. I have wings too. They are golden brown and feathery, fixed closer to my mid-back than my shoulderblades. I find a passage into the mountain and I see a man-made copper ramp. I walk up the ramp that spirals to the top of the mountain from the inside. I meet a man with reddish brown hair, and a beard. He is wearing a dirty white shirt, and he is an inventor. His name is Sal- a name, in real life, I have never heard of. I look at the twisted metal and junk that he calls "inventions," get excited about the discovery of this man. I run out of the mountain to find my friends and tell them. On the way home, I find another passage into the mountain, a lot bigger than the door to the spiral ramp, this is more like a cave, cut into red rock. Inside is a city. It is abandoned. I remember seeing and hearing a tarp rustling around, it's transparent and near the right side of the opening to this city. Two men, walk out to me from the city. The city is called Columbus, and there is something wrong with it. It is dark. They tell me that I have to find out what is wrong with the city, why it is abandoned. I tell them that the city is abandoned because the life force of the city has been taken away. I called it a relic, I think it was a book of some sort. I'm not sure how in this dream, that I came across this knowledge. The men tell me to go find the relic. I take off. I know what it feels like to fly. I can recall, even now when I'm awake, what wings feel like, and how it feels to fly. It takes a lot of work until you use the air currents to get higher, that's when it gets easier. I wake up.
    I've had many dreams about flight, like yours.
    Tell me another one of your dreams.

Jan 25, 2010, 08:14 PM

Well, I will tell the sci-fi like one right now, in it I had foreground knowledge too, that I didn't have in real life, as soon as I started to dream, I knew it.
    The foreground knowledge was as follows: There is an alien race that occasionally visits the planet, and only at certain places. One of the places was actually at what my parents backyard used to look like, there was a large pile of bricks that was about 6 feet high, and about 6-8 feet wide/long, with random brick steps. In the foreknowledge the aliens normally stopped by on a schedule, so people knew what day/time/place that the aliens would be. Every time they came, they took helpers, Everyone at the 'meetings' were like volunteers, they wanted to see what space was like from an alien ship, even if they were a helper. These specific aliens never lifted a finger to help a human, unless they were telling them what to do and where to go. The helpers did as they are described, they do the menial labor and random tasks they are set to, and in return, they have a vacation(almost) in space, and get to learn a few new things, before their about five year tour was done, and they were returned to earth. The workers generally only got to see specific parts of the ships. Although... once in a long time, they would pick an individual that everyone wanted to be named, but there had only been one picked about every five to ten years or more, and only a small handfull had been picked so far. It had also been about 11 years since the previous one had been picked. That individual was called "The One." This individual was pretty much given all rights to the alien ship, and could stay as long as they wanted, they were pretty much treated similar to royalty. They could do what they wanted, and the aliens generally taught them all of their deepest secrets, some of which the aliens themselves were not privey to(didn't get to learn themselves).

Anyway, in the dream, I was laying on the yard, waiting for more people to arrive at the meeting point, and met a friend of mine, and then headed up to the brick pile to wait for the aliens. I picked a spot at the top of the pile. When they arrived, they surveyed the group, and they picked out about five people, my friend included, they then pointed to the ship, and waited while we congradulated the lucky few(there had been about 25 people there), and said goodbye. After a few minutes the 5 headed to the on-ramp and the aliens started to follow them, glancing back. At about that time everyone that hadn't been picked was getting off the pile, and I tripped and fell(I generally am not clumsy, but I also had this dream when I was either about 8 or 10). The aliens immediately ran over, saying "Oh no, The One!" and tried to help pick me up. I was obviously very surprised, and as they helped me up, they asked "are you OK?" I said "I'm fine" than I woke up.

I do not remember what the aliens looked like, but I do remember that they were shorter than humans, and quite a bit stronger, but also thinner, with slightly larger heads. I don't remember specific details, but I have a general idea of what they looked like, I don't even remember what they called themselves, or what we called them. All I know is that even though it has been a long time since the dream, at least 10-12 years, it is still pretty vivid whenever I remember it. Which is actually pretty often.

Feb 9, 2010, 12:30 PM

If anyone has an Idea about what any of these dreams could mean, feel free to post something! Any input helps, and I still haven't gotten a reply to what the teeth CHANGING could mean. If you have any ideas what they could mean, I appreciate the input. Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Strange dream! [ 5 Answers ]

I had a dream that I would marry a guy I like right now. Does that mean I will marry him eventually or the opposite...

Strange Dream, Need clarification [ 3 Answers ]

I was at a camp and we went to a field behind my old middle school(im a freshman now) and it had a huge hill and a baseball field at the bottom and there were groups of people talking and there was a group of my friend (ex girlfriend, LDR)(who once lived near me in 5th grade) amy, my friend savana...

Have a strange dream or was it real? [ 3 Answers ]

I dreamed? (but felt real). I felt a presence (I believe it was a male) last week in my bed. He kept leaning towards me. I was alone in my house. I woke up and I couldn't see anyone. I went back to bed and the same dream? Happened twice. In the past months the lights of my living room have...

View more questions Search