Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ROLCAM Posts: 1,420, Reputation: 23
    Ultra Member

Feb 1, 2010, 04:37 AM
    My reasons for being a Catholic
    I am convinced that the Catholic Church conforms much more closely to all of the biblical data, offers the only coherent view of the history of Christianity (i.e. Christian, apostolic Tradition), and possesses the most profound and sublime Christian morality, spirituality, social ethic, and philosophy.
    This is an eighty year experience.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Feb 1, 2010, 10:10 AM

And your question is.. . what?
    Ultra Member

Feb 1, 2010, 05:59 PM

ebaines,

The question here is :-
    What has your experience been on this subject?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 1, 2010, 06:03 PM

I debated on this one, since you are asking others to share their experience, that is more of a discussion than a real question, so I have moved it.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Feb 1, 2010, 08:05 PM
    Yes, it definitely is more of a discussion because it's so debatable. I also hope and pray that it doesn't become some kind of heated argument.

Thanks!
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Feb 1, 2010, 08:17 PM

So what do you want? A discussion on why your religion is better than mine?
    In my opinion the moderators need to simply close this one.
    Expert

Feb 1, 2010, 08:21 PM

It would be nice ( but since when does that happen) that those that are Catholic merely share what they like about the faith)

So how about some being nice for a change
    inla_bomber Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Feb 1, 2010, 10:58 PM

Has anyone done a wikipedia search of religions? There's enough to kill a horse! Most of them will bring you the same place. There are always those who claim that their way is the only way, and all others are damned forever. Well, you can just ignore those clowns, that arrogence didn't work in the spanish inquisition, and it certainly isn't working today. However, in rejecting certain dogma, do not reject God altogether. It's not his fault some on this Earth have corrupted his message, He's still the right entity to latch on to.
    Anthony Hillyer Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Feb 2, 2010, 11:30 AM

In the most politest possible way I suggest you reread the Bible. Jesus wasn't a particular fan of the accumulation of wealth.
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Feb 2, 2010, 08:24 PM

UH, first off AH what does that comment have to do with the OP's statement?
    Second there is no where in the bible that God tells us to live in poverty. In fact, God wants us to prosper and to give away our wealth to promote the kingdom of God.
    Expert

Feb 2, 2010, 08:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by inla_bomber View Post
    Has anyone done a wikipedia search of religions? There's enough to kill a horse! Most of them will bring you the same place. There are always those who claim that their way is the only way, and all others are damned forever. Well, you can just ignore those clowns, that arrogence didn't work in the spanish inquisition, and it certainly isn't working today. However, in rejecting certain dogma, do not reject God altogether. It's not his fault some on this Earth have corrupted his message, He's still the right entity to latch on to.
    So much for being nice, nice to see people are predictable
    Expert

Feb 2, 2010, 08:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Hillyer View Post
    In the most politest possible way I suggest you reread the Bible. Jesus wasn't a particular fan of the accumulation of wealth.
    Actually it was not the wealth but what they did with it, A look at the Old Test shows that God blessed many with great wealth, Being wealthy is not a sin ( except in the opinions of those who are normally jealous) it is what those people do with their wealth that is the deciding factor
    inla_bomber Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Feb 2, 2010, 11:10 PM
    Well then do it.

Feb 3, 2010, 07:00 PM

Well you said you thought Catholicism was closer to Biblical principles. Hence the response!

Besides decadence is a slight above not living in poverty and the Catholic Church as an institution has been historically more towards the former.

Luke 12:33 "Sell your possessions and give to charity; make yourselves money belts which do not wear out, an unfailing treasure in heaven, where no thief comes near nor moth destroys.

International Standard Version (©2008)
    Jesus said to him, "If you want to be perfect, go and sell what you own and give the money to the destitute, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come back and follow me."

I'm don't claim to do this perfectly or be perfect but the Vatican does seem like a bit of a mick take

Feb 3, 2010, 07:01 PM

Besides it wasn't a question it was a statement
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Feb 17, 2010, 08:31 PM
    Roland
    appreciaet your sentiments and you ignore all the bad stuff that goes with religion if you want to but I have to ask if your church is such a perfect expression of the Christian experience how come it attracts so many who are abject failures.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 18, 2010, 04:48 PM

Had to look this up. In case others are interested.

Ref:

Christian missions: 10/40 window map and explanation
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 18, 2010, 04:53 PM

After more than sixty years of life, I am convinced that no earthly church conforms to all of the biblical data.

Did you choose to be a Catholic, Rolcam?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 18, 2010, 05:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by paraclete View Post
    Roland
    appreciaet your sentiments and you ignore all the bad stuff that goes with religion if you want to but I have to ask if your church is such a perfect expression of the Christian experience how come it attracts so many who are abject failures.
    In any garden your going to find weeds. Same goes when you grow as a religion or a company you start to find undesireables in your ranks. Its based on numbers. Percentage wise its no higher then the average population.
    Ultra Member

Feb 18, 2010, 08:43 PM

Wondergirl,

My parents chose to baptize me.
    Born :- 2nd October 1930
    Baptized :- 4th October 1930.

I was born in Malta.
    100% of Malta is Catholic.
    I am very proud to be a Maltese/Australian Catholic.

########################

Califdadof3,

Thank you for coming to my aid.
    Your comment was very pertinent.

Rolcam.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Catholic belief [ 46 Answers ]

Hello, Could you please inform me of Catholic beliefs, and how the differ from Christian belief? Thank You! browneyedfaith:)

A Catholic ? [ 3 Answers ]

What does it mean to be a Catholic?”

Catholic Belief [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I am new to this site, but I have had something bothering me, and I am trying to find some answers... We had a Chathlic Gentlemen to visit us the other day, and my niece goes with him and he called her his... he said that is what the Catholics believed and his children are Bastards......

Catholic Religion [ 4 Answers ]

Im having family problems, someone told me to do a ritual by using yellow rose petals and whtie and put them through my house and pay and that will give me prosperity in my house! I just want to know if that is bad if its against my religion?? I'm so confused :/

View more questions Search