Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pinkangelgirl Posts: 45, Reputation: 8

Jan 20, 2010, 06:25 PM

Yeah its not very evident these days but then there are some circumstances when people shouldn't stay in a marriage, like if it is really unhealthy or something.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 20, 2010, 06:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackVY View Post
    Hmmm I understand Alty... Till death do you part... somehow that part of the vow is not very evident these days...
    We wrote our own vows.

They went something like this;

Rod's: I promise to put the toilet seat down after using the bathroom in the middle of the night. I promise to put my sock in the hamper and not under the bed. I promise never to say you look fat in a dress. I promise to change at least 10 diapers on each child that we have. I promise that I will never ever cheat on you and if I do, you can kill me. ;)

Andrea's: I promise to forgive you when you leave the toilet seat up in the middle of the night after I tripped on your socks that weren't in the hamper. I promise not to blame you for getting me pregnant which is why I look fat in that dress. Ten diapers! Good luck with that! If you cheat on me you're going to wish you were dead.

Amen. :)
    BlackVY Posts: 823, Reputation: 154

Jan 20, 2010, 06:28 PM

That's a very good point. If it's that bad, then its best to just cut all ties and leave.

I guess once upon a time, people would work through things no matter how bad they were, that's all I'm saying.

Jan 20, 2010, 06:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    We wrote our own vows.

Rod's: I promise to put the toilet seat down after using the bathroom in the middle of the night. I promise to put my sock in the hamper and not under the bed. I promise never to say you look fat in a dress. I promise to change at least 10 diapers on each child that we have. I promise that I will never ever cheat on you and if I do, you can kill me. ;)

Andrea's: I promise to forgive you when you leave the toilet seat up in the middle of the night after I tripped on your socks that weren't in the hamper. I promise not to blame you for getting me pregnant which is why I look fat in that dress. Ten diapers! Good luck with that! If you cheat on me you're going to wish you were dead.

That's really nice Alty... very personal

Jan 20, 2010, 06:30 PM

Well people often suffered in silence and lived miserable lives because they thought they couldn't get out of the marriage.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Jan 20, 2010, 06:31 PM
    We wrote our own vows.

I love it. :D

For our's it was closer to:

You want to marry her?

You want to marry him?

We were married by a Judge who was a friend of the family in his apartment. I sometimes think that was better for us than the stress of a larger wedding. :)

Jan 20, 2010, 06:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkangelgirl View Post
    well people often suffered in silence and lived miserable lives coz they thought they couldnt get out of the marriage.
    That's true, but sometimes they decided not to live like that and do something about it, other than leave. They'd do everything they could, and more, to improve their situation because divorce was the last thing on their mind.

To some, including me, death is better than divorce. That's going along the lines of the vows, till death do us part.

Jan 20, 2010, 06:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat1864 View Post
    I love it. :D

For our's it was closer to:

You wanna marry her?

You wanna marry him?

We were married by a Judge who was a friend of the family in his apartment. I sometimes think that was better for us than the stress of a larger wedding. :)
    Yes that sounds nice, its what suits the individuals that's important. The stress of a larger wedding can be tough!

Jan 20, 2010, 06:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackVY View Post
    Thats true, but sometimes they decided not to live like that and do something about it, other than leave. They'd do everything they possibly could, and more, to improve their situation because divorce was the last thing on their mind.

To some, including me, death is better than divorce. Thats going along the lines of the vows, till death do us part.
    I guess that's true, divorce seems easier these days rather than staying and working on it. I guess it depends on the situation.
    sergie Posts: 149, Reputation: 15
    -

Jan 20, 2010, 06:39 PM

Hello! Good Morning everybody! :)
    Pets Expert

Jan 20, 2010, 06:43 PM

Hi Sergie!

Also, welcome pinkangelgirl. Wow, that's a mouthful. I'm giving you a nickname. Pinky. You are now Pinky. No, you don't have a say in the matter. ;)

Those weren't my actual vows, but they would have been good ones. :)

Rod and I have been through a lot. The death of three parents, mine only 6 1/2 months apart when our son was only 2 yrs and 4 months old.

The death of his mother almost 3 years ago and the having to deal with his sister about the will, which still hasn't been resolved.

The day to day stuff, arguing about money, work, the kids, you know, normal married stuff.

The fact is, I love him. Yes, I know I could find someone else. Yes, I could be just as happy with someone new. The thing is, I don't want to. I love him. More importantly, I like him. I like everything about him. I mostly like the fact that he likes and loves me too.

We're a family and we're here for the long haul.
    -

Jan 20, 2010, 06:50 PM
    Hi Sergie!

Also, welcome pinkangelgirl. Wow, that's a mouthful. I'm giving you a nickname. Pinky. You are now Pinky. No, you don't have a say in the matter. ;)

Rod and I have been through a lot. The death of three parents, mine only 6 1/2 months apart when our son was only 2 yrs and 4 months old.

The death of his mother almost 3 years ago and the having to deal with his sister about the will, which still hasn't been resolved.

The day to day stuff, arguing about money, work, the kids, you know, normal married stuff.

The fact is, I love him. Yes, I know I could find someone else. Yes, I could be just as happy with someone new. The thing is, I don't want to. I love him. More importantly, I like him. I like everything about him. I mostly like the fact that he likes and loves me too.

What else a Man may want to hear Alty? You're really a good Mom and good wife! Cheers :D
    -

Jan 20, 2010, 06:51 PM

Welcome to the lounge Pinky! :D

Jan 20, 2010, 06:51 PM
    Hi Sergie!

Hi there! Thanks and I don't mind being called pinky or anything to do with the color pink!

Sounds like you have a strong marriage and a good attitude towards it:)

Jan 20, 2010, 06:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkangelgirl View Post
    I guess thats true, divorce seems easier these days rather than staying and working on it. i guess it depends on the situation.
    Well once upon a time, divorce was such taboo. To even mention the word once in a marriage was to drop a huge bomb-shell and the relationship will struggle to get to where it was before even the word was mentioned. Now it gets used all the time, for small things, big things, things that could be worked out, things that need a lot of work.

I still do not believe in divorce and never will. I no matter how hard my life gets or what happens, I would try to work things out because that's how I believe it should be. Divorce should never be an option because people make mistakes and things happen, but everything, and I mean everything can be sorted if both parties are willing to give it their all.
    Pets Expert

Jan 20, 2010, 06:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sergie View Post
    What else a Man may want to hear Alty? You're really a good Mom and good wife! Cheers :D
    :o

I'm an okay mom and wife Sergie. The fact is, you're only as good as your partner and your partner is only as good as you. It's a lot of work, and it's worth it. :)

Hi Sergie!

Awesome Alty... just awesome...
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Hi...

So tired. Want to sleep. Sleep please. Hi
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Jan 20, 2010, 06:56 PM

Alty

Enough of the mushy stuff already :rolleyes:

Hey
    Herbie
    Sergie
    Pinky
    Blacky
    Cat
    Heath

Jan 20, 2010, 06:56 PM

Thanks for leaving me out M... :(

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Food invention (registration of a food product?) [ 12 Answers ]

I have thought up a good idea for a new food product and would like to offer it to a company, but to do that (I was informed by my dad) I need proof that this idea is mine so no one can steal it and such, registration of a food product? I need to know how to go on to this. A website perhaps? Please...

Alcohol, Old Age and More Alcohol [ 2 Answers ]

As a drunk guy staggers out of the bar one Friday evening, a fire engine races past, siren wailing and lights flashing. Immediately, the drunk starts chasing the engine, running as fast as he can until, eventually, he collapses, gasping for breath. Feeling very put out, He shouts after the...

Dry food or wet food for puppy? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I just got an 8 week old Daschund puppy and I'm not sure if I should give him wet food or dry food? Thank You. :confused:

Dog.cat food.table food [ 7 Answers ]

I got a dog from my mother in law whom got her from a guy who got her from someone who couldn't take care of her. Well I believe she was beat and starved. When she got here she wouldn't eat or drink. She peed everywhere, and she is terrified of kids and loud people. She rarley goes to anyone beside...

View more questions Search