Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sndbay Posts: 1,447, Reputation: 62
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2010, 05:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    But that doesn't happen in this life. We never escape our sinfulness.

Acts 28:18 To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

Hebrew 10:10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Hebrew 10:14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 10, 2010, 08:48 AM
    Originally Posted by Wondergirl: But that doesn't happen in this life. We never escape our sinfulness.
    Quote Originally Posted by sndbay View Post
    Acts 28:18 To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

Hebrew 10:10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Hebrew 10:14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.
    Quoting verse after verse does not impress. Even Satan can quote from the Bible.

So you are saying by mouthing Bible verses that you do not sin here on earth. You have escaped already into a higher plane of sainthood.

I think you don't get it, don't understand what you quote.
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2010, 12:35 PM

So you are saying by mouthing Bible verses that you do not sin here on earth. You have escaped already into a higher plane of sainthood.
    Are you saying you are a child of satan not born of God?

1 John 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

I believe in the new birth, the begotten again through Christ Jesus.

1 Peter 1:23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

~in Christ
    galveston Posts: 451, Reputation: 60

Jan 10, 2010, 12:36 PM
    Quoting verse after verse does not impress. Even Satan can quote from the Bible.

I think you don't get it, don't understand what you quote.
    What you (and many others) are missing is that element in the equasion called "FAITH".

The world may discount it, but God honors it. When a human accepts the sacrifice that Jesus made (by faith), then Jesus' perfection is counted as belonging to the believer in the eyes of God.

Does that mean believers are free from all responsibility to hold to a holy standard?

Not at all.

Every part of the Law that Jesus brought into the new Covenant is binding upon the believer, and while the believe may occasionally commit a sin, he/she will NOT live a sinful life style, i.e. sin every day.

The Holy Spirit will not allow it. He will convict a believer for sin immediately, and that believer will repent just as immediately. (If not, then that believer is indeed living in sin and is now in danger.)

Grace does NOT give licence to sin.
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2010, 01:53 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by galveston View Post
    Thank you and so true..

That is why faith without works is dead. We are to be servants of righteousness, following in the light of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Chirst.

Romans 6:16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

I pray to be all God created me to be, in His hand of strength, and His will to be done. In Jesus name of glory Amen

And as it can be seen in my posting, I too hope that all men and women can come to the revelation of Christ Jesus. Knowing the fulness of Christ Jesus. That they will answer to the call of One Body, One Spirit, One Hope, One Faith, One Lord One Baptism, One God and Father above all, through all and in us all.

Romans 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 10, 2010, 02:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by galveston View Post
    the believe [sic] may occasionally commit a sin, he/she will NOT live a sinful life style, i.e. sin every day.
    Of course a believer sins every day!!
    No, it doesn't, but we do sin -- yes, we do.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 10, 2010, 02:09 PM
    That is why faith without works is dead. We are to be servants of righteousness, following in the light of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Chirst.
    So why have the non-Christians been chased off this board? Sounds like the works are not working.
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2010, 02:24 PM
    So why have the non-Christians been chased off this board? Sounds like the works are not working.
    Wondergirl would you say the same concerning Jesus, Did He chase people away when He told of the truth? Was He wrong setting the example in saying sin no more.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 10, 2010, 02:29 PM
    Wondergirl would you say the same concerning Jesus, Did He chase people away when He told of the truth? Was He wrong setting the example in saying sin no more.
    I'm not talking about Jesus. I'm talking about people who post on this board.

Christians don't sin "no more." Christians sin many times a day despite Jesus' example.
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2010, 02:43 PM
    I'm not talking about Jesus. I'm talking about people who post on this board.

Christians don't sin "no more." Christians sin many times a day despite Jesus' example.
    Hebrew 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins

Once you have put on Christ, you walk having the spirit. Those that follow are dead to sin and the law.

Romans 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.

Reveiw Eph 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 10, 2010, 02:47 PM
    Once you have put on Christ, you walk having the spirit. Those that follow are dead to sin and the law.
    So you're saying Christians don't sin.
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2010, 02:55 PM
    So you're saying Christians don't sin.
    Remember what scripture said concerning those not wanting to drink of the new. People in general enjoy doing as they please. Christ told us we have to deny ourselves to follow HIM.

ASk yourself who is the light of this world? Then review what Christ said about those who see the light of day, the light of this world.

John11:9 Jesus answered, Are there not twelve hours in the day? If any man walk in the day, he stumbleth not, because he seeth the light of this world. 11:10 But if a man walk in the night, he stumbleth, because there is no light in him.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 10, 2010, 03:00 PM
    Remember what scripture said concerning those not wanting to drink of the new. People in general enjoy doing as they please. Christ told us we have to deny ourselves to follow HIM.
    Yet Christians sin every day and maybe even every hour.
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2010, 03:14 PM
    Yet Christians sin every day and maybe even every hour.
    Wondergirl I believe in Christ Jesus, and I am spiritual minded. Chirst is the Shepherd and Bishop of the soul. Those led by the Spirit are born again as a child of God It is written in: (Romans 8:14)

Romans 8:10 And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 10, 2010, 03:17 PM
    Wondergirl I believe in Christ Jesus, and I am spiritual minded.
    Does that mean you don't sin?
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2010, 03:27 PM
    Does that mean you don't sin?
    1 John 3:3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

I abide in Christ!

1 John 3:6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

~I tell the truth in Christ Jesus
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 10, 2010, 03:35 PM
    Ah. Sndbay does not sin. Now I understand why the non-Christians were driven off this board.
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2010, 10:38 PM

Wondergirl,
    That was a bit harsh, but it may be true for some.
    Unfortunately we are all sinners to one extent or another.
    It is sad that there may be some who THINK that they do not sin.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 10, 2010, 11:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by arcura View Post
    Wondergirl,
    That was a bit harsh
    Yes, it was, but it's that kind of attitude that prevents this board from being the fantastic mission opportunity it could be. And thank you, arcura, for your response.
    Maggie 3 Posts: 262, Reputation: 41

Jan 11, 2010, 12:07 AM
    Wondergirl, 1John 3:6 "Whoever abides in Him does not sin.Whoever sins has neither seen Him nor known Him"
    Jesus said we believers who abide in Him, draw near to Him, listen to His word and obey them would bear much fruit, and that glorifies the Father.
    Fruitful believers have the power to avoid sin. [John 8:16]
    1John 3:20 "For if our heart condemns us, God is greater than our
    heart, and know all things."
    We believers want more than anything else, to please God and obey Him
    We have tender consciences that can condemn, but The Spirit
    Himself bears witness-- that we are children of God. [Rom. 8:16]

Love and Blessings, Maggie 3

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Is the Debt valid? You must ask! [ 12 Answers ]

Posted for those who wish to use, not legal advice, just verification of debt. QUESTIONS TO ASK DEBT COLLECTOR WITH YOU DISPUTE THEIR CLAIM. Debt collector name Address state RE; Account

Valid lease [ 4 Answers ]

We have been in a rental house for a few months now. The landlord signed a lease before he sent it to us. We made some modifications, initialed the modifications, signed the new modified version of the lease and sent it back to the landlord with the deposit. He now says that none of the...

Old Debts are they valid? [ 1 Answers ]

A recent article listed on the link below; http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/SavingandDebt/ManageDebt/ZombieDebtIsHardToKill.aspx Everyone needs to understand how some debt collectors will buy old debts and they will try to get those people to reaffirm them. Understand one thing,...

Is this lease valid? [ 4 Answers ]

My husband and I own a home that we rent out. My husband signed a 1 year lease (without my signature) with 4 people contingnet on there credit checks and income verification. My husband signed the lease with them on the 30th and we denied them on the 31st. They lease was to begin on the 1st. They...

Is this lease valid? [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I both own a home which we rent out. Both our names are on the lease. Do we both need to sign the lease for it to be valid? :rolleyes:

View more questions Search