Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dreamerjay Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2009, 05:06 PM
    The major bad habit I need to break
    I have been cutting myself for 2 years and recently I went to the hospital for 2 weeks in Oct and have therapy once a week and I take anti depressants I haven't had the urge to cut while I was in the hospital or a few weeks after but I was put in the same setting that I was in where I started cutting and I've been thinking about starting again its like everyday I'm fighting myself not to do it any more, I don't want to hurt my mother and a few members of my family but its hard. I feel like the meds and therapy isn't really working anymore that its just a waste of time, that nothing changed and I don't know what to do and I'm always looking down and I see all the scars from the cuts and I remember the last time I cut and how it felt and I hate it than again I don't really see the problem of it I just can't get my mind off cutting I tried other ways to cope but I just keep going back to cutting:( I just feels sad and angry everyday
    So I need some advice; any thoughts on what I should do?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Dec 21, 2009, 05:25 PM

You need a good Habit, Practice Guitar or some hobby. May take your mind off things? Keep your hands and mind busy. An Idle mind...

Dec 21, 2009, 06:53 PM

I've tried a lot of things but I still can't get my mind off cutting
    bidingmytime Posts: 92, Reputation: 13

Dec 21, 2009, 10:43 PM

The reason people cut is because pain increases endorphins and endorphins. Endorphins are the body's natural pain killer and opiate, which means it can also sooth negative feelings. So what you are craving when you are cutting is the endorphins to sooth your negative emotions and make you feel better.

The solution for this I think would be to engage in some other more productive painful thing that will make endorphins. Try really hard running. It may not be fun but it will make your body look better, your heart stronger, your parents happy, and easy all your emotional pain. Try it.

Also if you have any brothers or sisters, wrestling is really a great way to get your body to produce lots of endorphins.

Dec 22, 2009, 06:15 PM

Thanks I'll try it
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Dec 23, 2009, 03:33 PM

Can't you get away from the situation you are in, change the people,places and playgrounds?

If you are in a bad place,go someplace where you aren't in it anymore.

Dec 26, 2009, 08:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KBC View Post
    Can't you get away from the situation you are in,,change the people,places and playgrounds?

If you are in a bad place,go someplace where you aren't in it anymore.
    Nope I can't get away that's 1 of the problems

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a very BAD HABIT that needs to stop [ 9 Answers ]

My problem/habit is that when I put on my mascara, later I will find myself picking the mascara off with my fingers until I have pulled some eyelashes out with it. I do this all day everyday. I'm constantly messing with my eyes and lashes and I will have pulled out four or five lashes on one little...

Bad Biting Habit [ 9 Answers ]

Hello all, Im not sure if this is the right section to be posting this but I am a teen so meh. Well, Ive had this really bad habit for, I think, now 5 years where I chew and bite on the inside of my lower and top lips, and the sides of my cheeks. I do it very often, and Im not sure what causes me...

My daughter is 7 and I can break her the habit to co-sleep with me [ 13 Answers ]

I cannot break this habit... When my 7 years old daughter was a baby my ex husband and I were too tired from work and we did not want to handle the "crying-crib-moments" so we let her to sleep with us, she grew up and we got divorced and now she is 7. During 4 years while single I tried so hard to...

Breaking a bad habit! [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have a 2 year old mini daschund. He is potty trained, eats once in the morning and once in the evvening. The last feeding is usually around 6:30. I always take him out before bed. For the past 2 months he has been waking up EVERY night between 2-4am crying and whining to go out. I think...

Bad Habit [ 1 Answers ]

I have 2 bichons (both females, almost 6 yrs old) one is 21lbs and the other is about 16 lbs. The 21lb one, coco, actually lost weight, probably due from not eating. We switched food a little to see if she didn't like the previous food and that didn't work. We don't know why she hasn't been...

View more questions Search