Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    toni3716 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2009, 09:52 AM
    My 4-8 weeks old puppy has had diarrea, votmiting, and not eating for 5 days now
    My 4-8 weeks old puppy has had diarrhea, vomiting, and not eating for 5 days now. We got her on Sat. and we have tried many types of food, but she won't eat any thing. She is so skinny you can feel her bones.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Dec 9, 2009, 10:08 AM

You need to get this puppy to the vet NOW why didn't you take it in when it first stopped eating??
    How do you not know the age of the puppy? Did you find it?
    Please surrender this pup to a shelter where it can have a chance at life
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 9, 2009, 10:11 AM

You said that you got the dog on Saturday yet you don't know it's age.

If it's 4 weeks old then it's way too young to be taken away from it's mother. What are you feeding this poor little pup?

There are too many things this could be. This puppy needs to go to a vet now!
    Silverfoxkit Posts: 798, Reputation: 264

Dec 9, 2009, 12:39 PM

Please get this puppy to a vet. From hose symptoms there can be a number of serious illnesses causing it and without vet care she is unlikely to make it if she will not or is unable to eat and drink. Is there visible blood in the stool or is is black and tarry?

I would not suggest taking the puppy to an animal shelter in case if she has parvo. Most puppies dumped off at shelters have not been vaccinated and this could potentially get many other puppies infected.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Dec 9, 2009, 04:10 PM

You have a choice. The pup will be at the vet before the week is out or in a grave by Monday. Choose.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Lab puppy having diarrea in crate at night [ 2 Answers ]

We have a chocolate lab puppy who is 11 weeks old. He was doing great with his potty training. But we recently had problems with him at night. He was crated and in the kitchen and he was up every 2 hours. We decided to bring him into our bedroom (which worked for about 3 days he almost slept...

8 weeks Maltese not eating or drinking [ 1 Answers ]

I just got a 8-week-old maltese. The first day he didn't eat much and I know it was because the adjustment, the second day he ate just fine and he was doing really well. The third day, he is not eating at all! I let him alone last night, and from 7 to 11 am he was alone. Right now it's 4pm and...

Puppy is sick for 4 days.is it serious?not eating but drinking water.will he recover? [ 6 Answers ]

My 5month old puppy has been sick for 4 days. Not eating by himself,we feed him,but he drinks water by himself. Took him to the vet 2 times.. he doesn't do a lot, and doesn't poop. Is his illness serious or will he recover?

Daschund puppy 10 weeks old not eating. Getting skinny what to do? [ 2 Answers ]

Daschund puppy 10 weeks old not eating getting very skinny. worried eats m:confused:aybe one or 2 bites of dry food. does not like can food. Help

My 5 weeks old lab is not eating and vomitting [ 4 Answers ]

My 5 week old puppy was given the pavovirus vaccination 2 days ago. Since, it has not been eating and appears to be very weak physically. She does not have any energy to do much other than sleep all day. I fed her ESBILAC through a seringe as suggested from my local pet shop, but it only upset...

View more questions Search