Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nikkicute Posts: 733, Reputation: 35

Oct 9, 2009, 08:59 PM
    That's not much difference in time right?
    What time is it for your now.
    It's 11:00p.m. here.
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2009, 09:09 PM
    It's about 12:00am over here. I'm always a night owl

Oct 9, 2009, 09:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Girl View Post
    It's about 12:00am over here. I'm always a night owl
    That's only an hour ahead.
    You said your on the west coast like you live in the booneys. Lol

Yep, me too.
    I'm up late, I go to bed around 9:00a.m.
    I've always been a night owl.
    I like being up late, it's nice.
    Ultra Member

Oct 9, 2009, 09:36 PM
    I'm on the East coast, not the West coast.
    I'm on the East Coast in the States. Ha ha you go to bed around 9:00a.m.? You should live in Japan, your on a whole different schedule! The latest for me is sometimes around 5am, my eyes were hurting but I didn't want to go to bed. So I go online and check my email and in up here... lol.
    Vicky_D Posts: 254, Reputation: 19

Nov 15, 2009, 10:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by nikkicute View Post
    Oh yeah most definitely lightens the knuckles!!
    That's what I'm concentrating on right now.
    Of course the skin on the rest of the hands lighten up first/faster.

There is a BIG difference in what my hands looked like before.
    When I make a fist I really see where the lightening is taking place.

I'm more consistent with it now and still have a lot left in the jar.
    It just keeps getting better!! I'm finally seeing what people were raving about 5XF GEL. This product is THE ONE for lightening knees, elbows and knuckles.

At first I was like how it is going to work? It's just a gel. Innocent looking product and it kicks butt. Works by exfoliation/lightening. When I wash my hands or especially getting out of the tub after taking a long and warm shower you can really tell. When I touch my knuckles and rub them the skin is rolling off. The gel breaks up the darker skin.

No, I never thought about purchasing in bulk.:confused:
    Only a few of the products you can purchase in bulk.
    And in bulk it only means more jars, when I used the drop down menu.
    I think you can purchase in larger size containers when you buying wholesale.
    Do you think the fair and flawless would work for butt and stomach? These are my dark areas that are so hard to lighten, though I haven't really used any product consistently enough to lighten there significantly, but I hear f&f works relatively fast. What else on your body do you use it on besides knuckles/elbows/knees? Do you use it on your face?
    I know this stuff is EXPENSIVE, but I'd like to maybe give it at try.

Thanks for any help.

Nov 16, 2009, 02:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicky_D View Post
    Do you think the fair and flawless would work for butt and stomach? These are my dark areas that are so hard to lighten, though I haven't really used any product consistently enough to lighten there significantly, but I hear f&f works relatively fast. What else on your body do you use it on besides knuckles/elbows/knees? Do you use it on your face? I know this stuff is EXPENSIVE, but I'd like to maybe give it at try.
    Thanks for any help.
    Oh yeah! Most definitely!
    If it can lighten my dark knuckles I know the stomach should be no problem.

I belong to another skincare group and a member there used it on his abs and it has helped him with his hyperpigmentation, another member is using it on her face and is loving it!

Same member who is using it on his abs had the products tested, he has friends at a cosmetics lab he used to work for:

F&F 5XF Gel Test Results

Came out negative on steroids, mercury, heavy metals, and arsenics. They took a look at the test and then the ingredients list first it has 5% concentration of Kojic Acid (doctors in the east usually prescribe/products in the west contain kojic acid 2 or 3% at most) along with all the other actives which are Lactic 4%, Glycolic 10%, Malic 9%, Salicylic Acid 3%, Citric Acid (from Lemon Juice) and Allantonin. ALL of these ingredients including Sepiwhite at high concentration at 5% break down SCALY, rough, old skin and exfoliate them away for the whitening effects, people with normal skin experience massive amount of shedding and people with sensitive skin like those at Askmehelpdesk immediately get red sensitive burns because their skin can't tolerate the acids, for oily skin its perfect as it cuts down the oil and exfoliates. Those are the reasons why you experience ultra smooth skin after a couple of application of 5xf, and thats also why they labeled it for body use because body skin is thicker. However, like every product if it SUITS your skin and you are not noticing any EXTRA exfoliation, I don't see any reason to not continue UNTIL you are evened out and lightened to your shade, however, if you have adverse reactions to it then the acids are probably too much for you. Its comparable to mild to moderate weekly chemical peels.

Other members are also trying Tonique 10X Cream so will see how that works out.
    He also had that tested:
    Having the Tonique 10X Cream analyzed by my cosmetic chemist friend, the Tonique contains 10% Sepiwhite (5% more than FF) and also has ingredients such as Lactic Acid, Glycolic Acid, Alpha Arbutin, Kojic Dipalmate, etc. Although it doesnt contain herbs such as tamarind and oregano, it compensates for it by using higher concentrations of all of the above actives. Fair&Flawless has a low concentration of Lactic Acid, Tonique has a higher one which is ESSENTIAL in helping accelerate the lightening process.The Tonique 4 ounce lightening cream or gel is $100 dollars; a 4 ounce of FF 5xf gel is $159.00 dollars.

Nov 16, 2009, 03:32 AM
    UPDATE:

Fair & Flawless Gel is on sale for a limited time!!
    4oz $99.97 Ultra Concentrated
    2oz $69.97 Ultra Concentrated

Member from above post is shipping me the Tonique 10X Cream for free, he says it isn't for his skin, he doesn't like the glycerin base.

That shouldn't stop anyone else from trying it because he did receive quick lightening. I tried a Vitamin C serum that was too glycerin based and I threw it out but when I receive the Tonique 10x Cream I'll use it on my body instead, the other members on the forum are using it on their face, hopefully it will work for them.
    beautifulskin Posts: 143, Reputation: 5

Nov 16, 2009, 09:12 AM

I saw this review too! I use Tonique and it has helped me to clear the melasma from having my baby (thank goodness). It seems as if there are pros and cons for both but, I believe he said he prefers the 10x gel over the cream. Now that F&F lowered their prices they are almost on equal footing. I too have heard that both work well though.

Originally Posted by LightenNLift
    both of them are equally effective, the Tonique 10x has 5% more concentration of sepiwhite (lightening agent) at 10% and the F&F has 5% concentration of sepiwhite but it has more exfoliating acids than tonique, Tonique is gentle and gets the job done quicker, F&F is strong enough for the body. Tonique is $100 for 4 ounce and F&F is $159.99 for a 4 ounce. I would go for Tonique.
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2009, 04:20 PM
    Well, that concludes that Fair & Flawless and Tonique are great products as well, also Eggomini had flawless results with lightening and it looks very natural. Where is she these days... and where is SoSexy? :(

Nov 17, 2009, 12:19 AM
    EggoMini is having a ball with me at the other forum I told you about. She already has more post than I do! Lol There is a wealth of information over there, we get to talk about ingredients in detail and as you can see actually had products tested for safety.

She's so funny! We love our Eggomini. I have seen her in late at night. I don't remember So Sexy, hopefully she'll comeback to keep you company. Hey, you still have your little brother. LOL!
    Ultra Member

Nov 17, 2009, 08:00 PM
    EggoMini is having a ball with me at the other forum I told you about. She already has more post than I do!! lol There is a wealth of information over there, we get to talk about ingredients in detail and as you can see actually had products tested for safety.

She's so funny!! We luv our Eggomini. I have seen her in late at night. I don't remember So Sexy, hopefully she'll comeback to keep you company. Hey, you still have your little brother. LOL!!
    Lol... yeah golden boy can tell me more of his lamb chop puppit tells. Ok, maybe I should check out the other one sooner or later, I just don't know how to divide the time since I'm here all the time.

Nov 18, 2009, 01:01 AM
    My skin has not gotten darker but sometimes it seems I'd reach this plateau where I don't see anymore lightening, like it stopped working but I didn't get darker, I just felt like I was stuck and no longer making progress.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSkinGirl View Post
    I was wondering if anyone else experiences this. You find a cream that really works, lightens you up many shades, then after several months you notice that you are getting darker again.
    This happens to me a lot with over the counter creams. Which is why I've been through so many of them. My skin becomes immune to it. Does this happen to anyone else?
    MAHARANI Posts: 800, Reputation: 39

Nov 18, 2009, 05:46 PM

nikkicute, I know what you are saying and it is probably one of the reasons I have tried a lot of products. If I feel like I am reaching the plateau, then I switch to something else before returning to what seems to work most effectively for me.
    Vicky_D Posts: 254, Reputation: 19

Nov 18, 2009, 07:10 PM
    Oh yeah!! Most definitely!!
    If it can lighten my dark knuckles I know the stomach should be no problem.

I belong to another skincare group and a member there used it on his abs and it has helped him with his hyperpigmentation, another member is using it on her face and is loving it!!

Same member who is using it on his abs had the products tested, he has friends at a cosmetics lab he used to work for:

F&F 5XF Gel Test Results

Came out negative on steroids, mercury, heavy metals, and arsenics. They took a look at the test and then the ingredients list first it has 5% concentration of Kojic Acid (doctors in the east usually prescribe/products in the west contain kojic acid 2 or 3% at most) along with all the other actives which are Lactic 4%, Glycolic 10%, Malic 9%, Salicylic Acid 3%, Citric Acid (from Lemon Juice) and Allantonin. ALL of these ingredients including Sepiwhite at high concentration at 5% break down SCALY, rough, old skin and exfoliate them away for the whitening effects, people with normal skin experience massive amount of shedding and people with sensitive skin like those at Askmehelpdesk immediately get red sensitive burns because their skin can't tolerate the acids, for oily skin its perfect as it cuts down the oil and exfoliates. Those are the reasons why you experience ultra smooth skin after a couple of application of 5xf, and thats also why they labeled it for body use because body skin is thicker. However, like every product if it SUITS your skin and you are not noticing any EXTRA exfoliation, I don't see any reason to not continue UNTIL you are evened out and lightened to your shade, however, if you have adverse reactions to it then the acids are probably too much for you. Its comparable to mild to moderate weekly chemical peels.

Other members are also trying Tonique 10X Cream so will see how that works out.
    He also had that tested:
    Having the Tonique 10X Cream analyzed by my cosmetic chemist friend, the Tonique contains 10% Sepiwhite (5% more than FF) and also has ingredients such as Lactic Acid, Glycolic Acid, Alpha Arbutin, Kojic Dipalmate, etc. Although it doesnt contain herbs such as tamarind and oregano, it compensates for it by using higher concentrations of all of the above actives. Fair&Flawless has a low concentration of Lactic Acid, Tonique has a higher one which is ESSENTIAL in helping accelerate the lightening process.The Tonique 4 ounce lightening cream or gel is $100 dollars; a 4 ounce of FF 5xf gel is $159.00 dollars.
    Cool thanks! :D

Nov 19, 2009, 02:15 AM

I am going to try Fair and Flawless 80x and I will let everyone know how it goes. I've been hearing such mixed reviews on it that it makes me curious. I've placed my order and it should be here soon.
    lighterrr Posts: 1,415, Reputation: 72
    Ultra Member

Nov 19, 2009, 01:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by beautifulskin View Post
    I am going to try Fair and Flawless 80x and I will let everyone know how it goes. I've been hearing such mixed reviews on it that it makes me curious. I've placed my order and it should be here soon.

Looking forward to your updates beautiful

Nov 19, 2009, 04:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lighterrr View Post
    looking forward to your updates beautiful
    I will definitely keep everyone posted!
    Ultra Member

Nov 19, 2009, 08:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by beautifulskin View Post
    I will definitely keep everyone posted!
    Beautifulskin I'm still waiting for you to post before/after pics!

Nov 20, 2009, 12:35 AM
    Beautifulskin I'm still waiting for you to post before/after pics!!
    I think I will have to post one of my complexion earlier than pregnancy I have one and I just can't post that! LOL

Nov 20, 2009, 01:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by golden_girl View Post
    beautifulskin i'm still waiting for you to post before/after pics!!
    Lol! ;)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Skin Lightening Creams [ 10 Answers ]

I have pigmentation and freckles from over exposure to the sun. I was told about Dr Palmer's skin lightening cream and also read an article on Extreme lightening cream. I am a white middle aged lady and would like to know whether other people have used any of these or other creams successfully. ...

What are the best skin lightening creams? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm looking for a skin lightener (not meladerm) to make me about 1 or 2 shades lighter. Any suggestions?

Skin whitening creams for clear skin? [ 5 Answers ]

I have been trying to whiten my skin for around 2 years. My body has had minimal exposure to sunlight (and some places none at all), but instead of paling, my skin has become clearer. :confused: I can see the arteries on my hands sharply, slightly on my arms and legs, and even faintly around my...

Would skin whitening creams make skin that is red (because of blood) look white? [ 2 Answers ]

I have been wearing pants for two years and a jacket for almost a year (no matter what the weather) so I can pale out. My arms and legs though, are embarrassingly red. Apparently, it's increased blood flow to those areas, and it's a genetic trait of Northern Europeans. I want to use whitening...

Skin Creams [ 1 Answers ]

Besides makeup and sunscreen, is any other product ineffective to apply after the cream or moisturizer?

View more questions Search