Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sarah1004 Posts: 107, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2009, 10:42 PM
    I am reallly confusing this is True or not.
    a)△H for the reaction of NaOH and HCl solutions will be the same as △H for reaction of KOH and HNO3 solutions because the net ionic equation is the same in each case.

b)△H for the reaction of NaOH and HCl solutions will be different from △H for the reaction between LiOH and HBr because different salt is formed.

I think a is true and b is false...

If not... I will think about it again please tell me >0<
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Nov 18, 2009, 05:50 AM

a) Yes, the only reacting species are the ions. The other ions are called spectator ions and don not take part in the reaction.

b) Correct too, the same thing as above occurs.

If however, there was a precipitate, then there would be a difference because the formation of a precipitate involves heat release.
    pramod awasthi Posts: 29, Reputation: -1

Nov 18, 2009, 05:56 AM

Sorry I am unable understand about a symbol [] but if it is sign of enthalpy then try
    A is right but b I think wrong because al strong acid when react with strong base produce same heat of neutrilization its due same net ionic reaction value of heat of neutrelization is ^H= -57.1 kJ
    ----------------------------------------------------------pramod awasthi

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What do guys reallly wannt ? [ 6 Answers ]

Okay so I have a reallly big question for all the guys out theree , what do yous really want in a girll , and be honest !

Hay gues reallly look here in need some wise words [ 1 Answers ]

Hay guys I love avril tell me if I can buy some backstage passes from you people ill pay as much as you want or were to find them and there for the concert on march 21st alstate arena help me!! :D :D :D :D

Wii reallly dangerous [ 6 Answers ]

HI this is silly but I tend to worry over my children I have purchesed a wii and read the mauel inside that said about the radiation is the radiation that bad it could be deadly

View more questions Search