Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tjefferson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2006, 05:57 PM
    Bad checking account
    I had an bank account that was closed by the bank, however the balance that was owe was not a valid balance. Because I had fraud on my account and I advised the bank of this. They temp closed the account, but opened it back up after the investigation. A charge came threw on my account and I told them it was unautrz but they would never take it off. What legal grounds do I have a consumer?
    velvetjones Posts: 78, Reputation: 11

Nov 20, 2006, 11:59 AM
    If they had any brains, they would have opened up a new account with a new number for you so that unauthorized transactions wouldn't take place again. I would review your account policy regarding unauthorized transactions, fraud, and any liability you might have according to them, then dispute it in writing, in person, and by phone. I'd also be moving on to another bank...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Checking Account Garnishments [ 4 Answers ]

I was recently surprised that my checking account had been garnished by a creditor for a debt that I owe. I was making payments to the creditor, and then they file for a judgement against me. I don't understand it. Nevertheless, I have a disabled husband, and disabled daughter of which neither...

Checking Account Garnishment Law MO. [ 5 Answers ]

I have a single checking account that's is being garnished. 1. No notification that the garnishment was taking place or in affect. 2. My work requires direct deposit. 3. Every dime I make is gone the moment it is deposited. 4. I went to court about a year ago and signed saying I agreed...

Checking account frozen [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, My mother had her bank account frozen due to her credit card situation. Where can she cash her Social Security checks, Thanks

Checking Account Garnishmennt [ 11 Answers ]

1. I have two checking accounts at a particular bank 2. I am the primary account holder on both 3. My sister is a joint (secondary) account holder on both 4. My sister had some credit problems 5. Her creditor garnished an account she had, and 6. Both of mine since her name appeared on them...

Locked Out Checking Account [ 3 Answers ]

I live in Virginia. I have my daughter on my checking account. Capital One issued a garnishment against her that froze my accounts. They are telling her she has to request a hearing asking for the account to be unfrozen but also must be able to prove that the money in the account is not hers. ...

View more questions Search