Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gara Posts: 117, Reputation: 26

Dec 2, 2008, 01:21 AM
    Feel sleepy when I get angry
    Hi , I'm 18 years old and I'm having bad dayz in work and family , every time my father and I shout to each other or I get angry I feel so sleepy I know it's kind of weird but every time I finishe the shouting I feel sleepy and I also want to sleep for long hours like five or three hours but in the night or if I'm watching something it's oki but if I'm not doing something or in the work if I have bad day I feel sleep in work or in the house , so what is this all about ?
    Another Posts: 29, Reputation: 3

Dec 2, 2008, 02:50 AM

I think you're really perceptive to make this connection that some might not make. You're probably not sleeping all that well to start with, and when you have your outburst with your dad you might get a sense of resolution that allows you to relax and fall asleep.

Or, as there are many connections between mind and body, your anger could be triggering reactions that make you sleepy (the liver is connected with anger and it produces bile that can make a person sleepy).

You might try to employ some anger management that reduces your anger and outbursts, and experiment to see if you still get sleepy.

I don't think that science and medicine care enough about these sorts of issues to offer explanations, and they tend to have multiple causes that make explanations difficult. Another cause can be the mind shutting the body down as a defense mechanism, in your case to avoid further conflict with your dad. If you're asleep, it's going to be hard to fight with him and cause more damage.
    drbaraka Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 3, 2009, 04:35 PM
    That happens to me too, so don't listen to this person #2 I just take a short nap and when I wake up, I'm not tired anymore and I've temporarily forgotten about what made me mad. My guess is that your adrenal gland and your pineal gland are linked. When you get mad the adrenal gland starts secreting adrenaline into your body and it somehow interacts with the pineal gland in your brain which secretes melatonin which makes you sleepy.

Just a guess though

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I feel I need to get angry but I can't. [ 11 Answers ]

So This girl and I broke up, I have been having weird feelings of still trying to cling to something that isn't there. I feel That I need to get angry and pissed, and maybe yell a little bit. For some reason though I won't allow myself to direct the hurt and anger towards the person that caused it....

Sleepy Mom [ 2 Answers ]

About 2yrs ago I became a stay-at-home mother of a wonderful little boy. At first I was psyched! No hassles from a boss if I am the boss. Well shortly after I started feeling awfully tired all the time. Not wanting to do anything. Just want to sleep half the day. My eyes are tired all the time as...

Sleepy mouse [ 3 Answers ]

My wireless logitch mouse has started to ' fall a sleep'. That is to say if you don't use/move the cursor within ~10 seconds the mouse 'falls a sleep'. To wake it I have to left click... not ideal... any thoughts? I've looked in the Control Panel but nothig seeems to fix me up Thanks...

Sleepy puppy [ 2 Answers ]

I just got a 6 month Bichon Frise, he sleeps ALL DAY and ALL NIGHT. He gets up for a couple of hours and is not hyper or anything. Is this normal?

Sleepy hollow [ 1 Answers ]

Who went sleepless because of the headless horseman?

View more questions Search