Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dlorwig7582 Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Nov 3, 2009, 02:39 PM
    B&E for children clothes?
    Monday 3am Son called for Mom to pick up grandchildren as his third time threatening suicide and police to take him to hospital. Afterwards son would not return phone calls to mother. On Thursday, Mother and Ex-wife entered Son's house where roommate let us in. Took a few children's clothing as Son would not return phone calls (weather changed and they needed warm clothes). Son had mother and ex-wife arrested for B&E. Son and Mother have had reciprocal open entry to each other's home in past. Now kids solely with Ex-wife until Son gets therapy. Son extremely angry. Detective on case says "waste of time." Hearing is this Friday. What can I expect?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 3, 2009, 02:47 PM

If the room mate let them in, how ca it be B&E. Did you not tell the arresting officer you were let into the building ? Will the room mate attest to the fact they let you in. He asked for the kids to be picked up from home? Yes, it is a waste of time and I think the judge will see that. Good luck and I hope all goes well with this mess. It was probably psychiatric hospital he was put in? for the third time? And needs therapy? I don't know what hearing is going to find him being a good witness.

I hope JKT chimes in for this one.

Tick

Nov 3, 2009, 02:59 PM

I stuck my head in the door, said, "Kyle?" "YES", "I'm here to pick up some of the children's clothes," "OKAY"
    He even offered us a bag to help.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Nov 4, 2009, 07:34 PM

You should be okay in court. Everything will be presented and the Judge will ponder why the police actually took a B&E report on this. Be sure all your witnesses show up in court and testify that you did not break down the door, did not pry the door open, etc.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 4, 2009, 07:49 PM

If he was not home, roommate can let you into the common area but not into the "son" bedroom, so once you opened that door, without sons permission you illegally entered his room. Breaking and enter does not mean you actually broke in, only you entered illegally and entered that area.

The judge will most likely just throw it out. But why wait, your attorney should be talking to the DA and get it dismissed first.
    sigcopper Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2009, 08:12 AM

I wouldn't wait either. If you entered your son's room without permission and the roommate doesn't have permission to enter your son's room this could, far reach, be a burglary. I'd be in touch with your attorney or the DA in your county and tell them to get some common sense. I hope you learned something from your "greatful" son.
    Expert

Nov 6, 2009, 09:01 AM

I would be interested to know the outcome of this situation. I hope it gets thrown out and everyone can just move on from the stress it has created, obviously.

Tick

Nov 6, 2009, 10:17 AM

All Charges were dropped this morning...
    Expert

Nov 6, 2009, 05:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dlorwig7582 View Post
    All Charges were dropped this morning.....
    I am so glad, you must be pleased !

Ms tickle

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Children with children Rights [ 1 Answers ]

What age can a minor legally leave home age 16teen with a child living in Hawaii?

My clothes dryer is not drying my clothes [ 1 Answers ]

My dryer is not drying my clothes

Want My Children to Visit Me. Order is from State Where Children No Longer Live [ 8 Answers ]

Children were living with mother in Hawaii when order was signed. Children and mother are now living in NC, have been for 3 years. Does State of NC have jurisdiction or do we have to go back to Hawaii? I want my children to come visit me where I live and she is saying I have to go to NC to visit...

Clothes Washer out of 2 year storage, clothes are not smelling too good [ 6 Answers ]

I know this probably has something to do with water intake, I just wanted to get everyone's recommendations on this. I had my clothes washer in storage for a couple of years and it appeared that we didn't get all of the water out before we stored it. Now when we wash clothes, there is...

Children, Step-children, Niece: What a mess! [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I am in desperate need of clarity and advise. I am 41, mother of 2 daughters, 3 step-kids and 1 niece. My 2 daughters 18 and 15 live with me and my husband and so does my husbands niece, 15 also. My 3 step kids are all over 23 with their own places. My husbands niece has been thrown from...

View more questions Search