Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dlorwig7582 Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Nov 3, 2009, 12:18 PM
    Lawyer harassment
    Defendant's attorney is harassing plaintiff via phone calls. What can be done to stop him?

Nov 3, 2009, 12:19 PM
    Lawyer is slanderous
    Lawyer for defendant is stating (without merit or proof) that my husband is sexually abusive. Totally false. Can we sue for slander?
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Nov 3, 2009, 12:22 PM

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/other-...nt-412351.html

Are you talking about the same lawyer?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Nov 3, 2009, 12:38 PM

Tell the Attorney to stop calling or the Plaintiff will press criminal charges.

Is this in connection with a debt?

Need more info to be more specific.
    Uber Member

Nov 3, 2009, 12:40 PM

Please stop opening new threads - post ALL of the pertinent information in one place. Where is the Attorney saying this? Court papers and Courtroom are privileged.

Is this the same Attorney who is making harassing phone calls?

Here is something I wrote:

Briefly - Generally in law libel refers to permanent/written statements and slander refers to non-permanent/spoken statements. Defamation (of character) covers both categories.

You must be damaged - and prove damages - in order to recover. The statements (either written or spoken) must be false but presented as though they were true and be beyond offensive, derogatory or insulting. Such statement must rise to a level which actually harms a person's reputation. In general the person making the statement must either know it isn't true or make the statement without attempting to verify if it is true.

The defense to defamation is that the information was not presented as the truth (which covers gossip), that the information was never secret (privileged) and was always public.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 3, 2009, 12:48 PM

Merged

Nov 3, 2009, 02:24 PM

Child visitation case. My SON needs therapy and parenting classes before allowed to see children. I am working with ex-wife to get this done. Now court-supervised visitation for $$$. Hubby volunteered to supervisor visitation for free but attorney said he sexually abused my son 20 years ago... NOT AT ALL TRUE! Intimidation factor on behalf of attorney. Yes, this is the same atty that is harassing my daughter-in-law for someone to supervise. She's not stopping visitation just doesn't agree with choice of supervisor.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 3, 2009, 05:37 PM

If he is merely telling you on the phone, he can really tell you privately anything he wants. No you can't sue him.

I guess my question is why in gods name are you even talking to THEIR attorney. If the court has ordered therapy and parenting classes that has to be done, their attorney can't change it, only going back to court can change it. There will be court approved classes that have to be taken

And normally at least here in GA there are professionals that do the supervision. Or supervision businesses where parents come to visit their children.

So she does not agree, you go before the judge, if you are allowing her to agree, then pick someone she is OK with.

Next what are you doing and what do you mean "working" with exwife, there is nothing to "work" with exwife about, he goes to court approved classes, and gives the court proof he went.

Sounds like you are talking to the ex wife and her attorney way too much.

It also sounds like your son does not have an attorney, since you are doing all of this. So your best thing, stop talking to ex wife, and for sure stop talking to her attorney and talk to your sons attorney
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 3, 2009, 06:15 PM

I would agree with Chuck, that you shouldn't be talking to their lawyer. Get you own attorney and work through them.

If her lawyer said this in front of the judge, then why didn't anyone challenge him and object and require proof.

It would depend on the circumstances of where this was said whether you have a slander case, but you certainly may have a case of misconduct that should be reported to the local Bar Assn.
    Uber Member

Nov 3, 2009, 06:35 PM

- And that sums it all up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Harassment [ 6 Answers ]

I found out that my spouse is having an affair with a coworker. I sent him him an email in which I outlined my knowledge and what my expectations were. Although the language was not pretty, it was also not physically threatening but did have itemized divorce requirements. He forwarded these to his...

Harassment [ 8 Answers ]

Is it better to ignore a former friend who is harassing you for money via phone and text message or to answer the call/text message. By ignoring will that make the person madder and make them look for you or will they just stop ?

Is this Harassment? [ 5 Answers ]

My ex, who just got out of county jail in Florida, has been sending me nasty text messages. I stayed at the house we both share after it was robbed. The texts he sends basically consist of attempting to file criminal charges on me. 1st it was because I changed locks on the home we both own, and...

Harassment [ 2 Answers ]

I had a similar sitiation but my neighbors were a woman her 2 teenage daughters (they were'nt her actual daughters) a 19 yr old daughter,20 yr old son and 4 other random people living with them. Her other son and his wife lived on the other side of us as well.we lived in walking distance to...

LDS harassment. [ 35 Answers ]

Okay I am at my wits end. I was baptised as a mormon at age 9 or 10 because that is what my mother( the hypocrite) wanted. I was forced to go to church as a child even though at that age I had no real concept of the religion. As I grew up and got married and discovered what the religion was all...

View more questions Search