Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cowgirle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2009, 05:37 PM
    sketching a graph of a quadratic function
    I need to see a graph sketched with a vertex of (1,-6) and an axis of symmetry of x=1.
    :eek:
    Nhatkiem Posts: 120, Reputation: 9

Oct 29, 2009, 08:05 PM

The vertex is just the local extrema of your graph, whether in this case it's a maximum or a minimum appears to be up to you. In other words from the point (1,-6), your graph should be parabolic in nature and either decrease or increase exponentially from there.

as for the axis of symmetry you just need to make sure that
    f(x+n)=y and f(x-n) = y, where n is just some arbitrary value.
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Oct 29, 2009, 11:58 PM

Well, there are actually a number of possibilities. The given axis of symmetry is just to double check your graph.

The graph can be positive (have a minimum as vertex) or negative (have a maximum as vertex) as well as all the infinite possibilities of the y intercept since no more information is given.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Quadratic function [ 1 Answers ]

a model rocket is shot up in the air and its path is approximated by h=-5t^2+30 where h is the height of the rocket above the ground in meters and t is the elapsed time in seconds, when will the rocket hit the ground?

Quadratic function [ 1 Answers ]

Three pieces of rod measure 20 cm, 41 cm and 44 cm. If the same amount is cut off each piece, the remaining lengths can be formed into a right triangle. What length is cut off? anyone know this? Can anyone setup an equation for me? Tnx.:)

To graph a linear function [ 3 Answers ]

How would I graph y=3x - 4

Solving Quadratic Equations to Graph [ 3 Answers ]

How would I graph x^2-3x=4 to solve it? And I would I check? Thank You.

View more questions Search