Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    taytaygirl15 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2009, 09:04 PM
    No hot water pressure
    Our hot water takes forever to heat up and there is no pressure, there is pressure for the cold water what should I do?
    geediddy Posts: 11, Reputation: 3

Oct 26, 2009, 09:22 PM

Is this an electric or gas hot water heater? If it is a dual element electric heater, you could have one bad element . If it is a gas heater you may have a build up of sludge in the tank and it is keeping the tank from heating properly. And in turn your lines could possibly be plugging up causing the low pressure. Especially if you have galvanized piping. You can hook up a garden hose to the hot water drain valve and flush the tank bottom to get rid of any sludge, and eliminate this potential problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New hot water heater installed, but no hot water pressure. Plenty of cold water? [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, I own a small plumbing service and have a problem I've never encountered before. I installed a new top vented gas water heater for a customer. Turned the main back on, bled air out of the lines, etc. Problem is there is no hot water pressure throughout the house. Cold water pressure is fine....

Cold water pressure is lower than Hotwater pressure [ 1 Answers ]

In the bathroom sink, I see the hotwater pressure is very good . When I open the cold water it is very low. It is was fine 2 weeks ago. What could be the problem? Thanks Asaad

Low water pressure causing high blood pressure [ 1 Answers ]

I have low or no hot water pressure to the downstairs bathroom. I've replaced the cartridges, valves and hot water heater, still no pressure... help.

View more questions Search