Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dougan123 Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2009, 09:07 AM
    Teenage Jobs
    Hello again,
    I am 12. I am a boy. I am a bit hort of money at the moment. I think that I need a bit more as there are some Birthdays and Christmas coming up. If there are any jobs for a boy over 10 avalible in the Uk (preferebly Hampshire) then please tell me.
    Thanks!:)
    phlanx Posts: 213, Reputation: 13

Oct 25, 2009, 09:21 AM

Hello Dougan

This is mostly an american/canadian site

I am English myself, so probably best if I offer advice for you

As you are young, you are restricted at the moment to how many hours you can work

Newspaper rounds are always popular - have you tried to your local newspaper agents? helping with milk rounds is always a popular job, or used to be

When I was your age, I would negotitate with my parents on what jobs I had to do and what jobs I could be paid for doing

As a result I would always mowed the lawns for my parents on saturdays, of course when they told me how much of a good job I had done, I upped the price - wow did that cause some friction :)

Also, do your parents know anybody who can offer part time jobs to you on saturdays, cleaning up this, or sorting out that

Speak to your praents and family - you never know how many little jobs you can get for a few quid at a time until you ask

Good luck to you
    Dougan123 Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2009, 11:08 AM

Thank you phlanx, you are very nice and helpful. :)
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Oct 26, 2009, 11:18 AM

Sounds like you've got the same restrictions as 12 years olds in america.

What about dog walking? Maybe some neighbors have dogs but not enough time to walk them everyday. Or even pet sitting when your neighbors go out of town. Or watering their plants for them while they are away. My hope is always that one of the kids in my neighborhood will come looking to wash cars for money. I would so pay a kid a few bucks to hose it down and make it shiny again :)
    Maybe a little closer to christmas you can offer to wrap presents for a fee. You may not have as much time to do your own shopping, but you might be able to make a decent amount of spending money.

And of course, always talk to your parents and get their permission to do any of this. Make sure they know who you are working for and that they are OK with it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My teenage kids have their own jobs, can I still claim them as my dependents? [ 7 Answers ]

I have two teenage children (one is 18, one is almost 17). They both have after school/weekend jobs. Can I still claim them on my taxes if they work? If I claim them, will they be able to file a tax return? I am a single mother and their dad does not have any sort of custody. He pays child...

Teenage son [ 6 Answers ]

How am I going to deal and handle a teenage son who doesn't listen and fights with me and disrespect me ?

Teenage Son - I can't take him any more [ 29 Answers ]

I have a 16 year old son, he's disrespectful, hateful, foul mouthed and the boundarys we set mean nothing to him. I can't let him disrupt my home any longer and want to throw him out. Is there any way I can get him out of my house legally?

Teenage son [ 18 Answers ]

I have absolutely had it! I hate my son! I do! He is argumentative continually. I have never heard a human being argue to the extent he does. He is rude to not only me, his step father, other adults, a teacher at school and friends. He says all we do is yell at him and I have made a...

View more questions Search