Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TexasLonghorn Posts: 25, Reputation: 4

Sep 20, 2009, 08:43 AM
    I ran into the ex.now I can not stop crying
    Threads merged

Well it finally happened. I ran into my ex-bf at a party. I was 95% sure he would be there so I was prepared.

I did everything the 'experts' say... I had a good time, looked good and it was a fun night. We said a quick hello and had no other contact. The party was big enough where we did not have to be in a close setting.

I was great all night but when I left for some reason I just started crying.

Details of the breakup;
    --He cheated
    --we have no contact for the 90 days since we broke up until last night.
    --i admit I still miss that SOB...

I just broke down again... I truly thought he "was the one"...

I have done fairly well over the past 90 days... but today I feel worse than ever.

While he was with friends... it was still hard.

I am not sure what else to say. This site has been filled with such good information and has been so helpful during the past 3 months.

This morning I miss him really bad.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 20, 2009, 09:01 AM

Aw, your emotions got stirred up, and crying is the right response,

>cyber hug<

It will be okay, just let it out, and keep going. Its okay to miss what you had, and then get up, and move forward. Got plans? Make some. Be good to yourself, as you did well for yourself.

Its Sunday, call mom.
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Sep 20, 2009, 09:09 AM
    Yes have a good old cry then get busy-and now you ve passed that hurdle! Here s a hug from me as well.:-)
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Sep 20, 2009, 09:15 AM

No worries Tex. Don't fault yourself for having emotions and missing him. Personally I think you did a great job and am proud of you. Just a small bump in the road, that's all. No shame in crying. It was the first time you have seen or talked to him in 90 days so I can imagine it was hard and the emotions just rushed back together.

Enjoy your Sunday!

Oct 17, 2009, 10:01 PM
    Saw him with his new boyfriend
    Well tonight I saw the ex boyfriend with his new boyfriend. Ugh I am totally numb right now.

We have been broken up four months.

I am totally numb... I guess this is my "ah ha' moment and time to move on.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 17, 2009, 10:04 PM

Those are tough times, always best to try and "let it go" and move on
    Expert

Oct 18, 2009, 07:27 AM

You can move forward as he has, don't say you can't.

Oct 18, 2009, 08:55 AM

Oh I agree I have to move forward. I wish I could say this does not hurt by my god it does.
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Oct 18, 2009, 09:10 AM

The hurt s understandable-but you know that you re handling it -and at least now THAT situation s in the past.

May 17, 2010, 08:05 AM
    Stop The Dreams of the Ex
    It has been almost a year since me and my ex broke up.

I do think of him occasionally but do not want him back. I do know he is dating someone else. We have had no contact since the break-up. I have seen him at a bar maybe 3x in almost a year but we do not speak.

But it seems I have a dream about him once a week. I woke up this morning out of a dead sleep after dreaming of us swimming in a pool... ugh ugh ugh.

Anyway, it is just frustrating...
    Expert

May 17, 2010, 08:17 AM

Frustrating yes, and normal also. I don't think there is any one that doesn't have past memories triggered at on time or another and believe it or not, at age 56, and married with grand kids, some of my past exes have haunted my dreams, many times.

Solution- Make coffee, and move about your day, as the feelings fade after a while, and you forget them. If you keep dwelling on them, you make them more than they should be, and start wondering all sorts of things looking for meanings.

Now that's frustrating.
    BabiixG Posts: 105, Reputation: 7

May 17, 2010, 08:20 AM

I lost touch with my boyfriend when he moved to California and I didn't want to go with him. We never broke up and I went 7 years with dreams waking up crying because I would dream that I was running around the house and outside searching for him. They finally stopped when I talked to him a couple weeks ago when I actually got closure and knew he was okay so weird lol

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need to stop using meth. I quit for 6 year before. How do I stop now? [ 5 Answers ]

I began using in 1997. Shortly after I got busted for possession of Meth and had a small handgun in my car. I was given a slap on the wrist and had a stayed stentence of I think 30 days. I violated probation with a domestic violence case three year later. I continued my meth use and began...

Dreams [ 6 Answers ]

I know that some people may not believe that a dream has any importance. For a lot of dreams maybe they do not. I do believe that possibility that every dream we have has some kind of meaning, whether it is trying to work out our daily troubles to actually letting us know of the future. Since...

How to stop a ceiling fan that will not stop [ 2 Answers ]

We have a fan that will not stop when we try to pull the chain, the fan just keeps on running and we replaced the fan switch,did not fix the problem. Fan is not connect to any other outlet.

Dreams ! [ 11 Answers ]

Do you guys believe that God can speak to you through dreams..

Why won't it stop? What would make it stop? [ 6 Answers ]

I don't know why But I can't let go of my ex. I don't care about anyone else I just want her. It has been going on now for 3 months. People say time will heal, how long of time? It is beginning to destroy my life I don't even want to get out of bed. I feel that I cannot be full again with out her?...

View more questions Search