Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    relroy Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2006, 08:01 AM
    Help me mr scottgem!
    Since I am a rookie mr scottgem is pointing out many mistakes in my solutions.I want to point out that I am only trying to solve problems which I have faced myself.anyways I have a problem of my own and since I am screwing up, I want expert advice on this:
    When I install"intel application accelerator"from my motherboard cd,the system crashes.I get this blue screen and I can't even switch it on in safe mode because there is no response.so is this program a necessity or can I go without it?and can the experts find the cause of this problem?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Nov 14, 2006, 08:04 AM
    Can you uninstall it? With today's systems you don't really need that software. It hasn't been updated since 2002.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 14, 2006, 08:09 AM
    First (since you brought it up), I have no doubts about your sincerity in trying to help. My problem is in the accuracy of some of your answers. Many have been right on, but some have been way off. Sometimes, just one experience is not enough to judge whether the answer will be helpful or not. Maybe it solved your problem, but maybe there was some other factors that were not applicable to the person asking. For example, in one question you cite RAM and the cause of a monitor not getting the signal. But RAM has nothing to do with the video. The only way it might have a bearing is in preventing the whole system from booting.

Anyway, I'm just suggesting you be more careful with answering questions that you may not have enough knowledge to deal with.

As for the problems you are encountering. The Intel® Application Accelerator is a software package that replaces the ATA drivers that come with Windows* with drivers optimized for desktop PCs using select Intel® chipsets. This software package is not a requirement for your operating system to work properly. (copied from intel.com)

Its no longer offered or supported and is applicable only for older chipsets. It may have been included on the mfg's CD by default and is not applicable to your chipset, hence the crashing. Go to Intel's site and search for the software and see what chipsets it works with.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search