Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    beanster Posts: 69, Reputation: 2

Nov 9, 2006, 04:52 PM
    Contact to boys of other woman
    My husband had cheated.You can read some of it in an earlier thread.Now I observed him e-mailing her boys who are teenagers and have their own dad.My question is this;Is it too much to demand that he stop any contact not only with her but with her kids,too?As far as I see it is any contact with her kids is a contact with her,too.I am not so sure that he is not still talking to her,either,as he is very secretive about his e-mails and his MySpace account.Any suggestions?
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Nov 10, 2006, 02:25 AM
    Forgiving your partner after cheating is always a burden on the relationship. Sometimes that why I believe it should be finished, as the trust isn't the same.

Do you trust him?
    Are you happy?

Nov 10, 2006, 09:01 AM
    No and no!
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Nov 10, 2006, 10:05 AM
    Would u be happier if you moved on?

Nov 10, 2006, 01:20 PM
    Propably!But as you can see by my earlier posting,I am stuck here for now.But my question is more about whether my demands are exaggerated or within normal limits.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 11, 2006, 06:48 PM
    Your feelings are your own and if contact with the kids of the one he cheated with bugs you then that's how you feel and have every right to voice those feelings. He has cheated already and still in contact, albeit indirectly, with this female. Don't you know he is still cheating? No your demands are reasonable and more than normal, to answer your question.

Nov 11, 2006, 08:09 PM
    Thank you!I do feel that he is still in contact with her,too as he keeps his e-mail and other communications a secret and is often away at night and does not really explain where he was.I found a receipt of a motel and he had a convoluted story about it.We tried counseling but he wasted everybody's time with small talk and now says that the counselor is"stupid".I am considering going by myself,though,as I am depressed and that is not normal for me.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 11, 2006, 08:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by beanster
    Thank you!I do feel that he is still in contact with her,too as he keeps his e-mail and other communications a secret and is often away at night and does not really explain where he was.I found a receipt of a motel and he had a convoluted story about it.We tried counseling but he wasted everybody's time with small talk and now says that the counselor is"stupid".I am considering going by myself,though,as I am depressed and that is not normal for me.
    It is apparent, to me at least, that he is still cheating on you.

I did read your other post, but there has to be a way out of this. People from other countried get divorced all the time. I am wondering if he is just intimidating you so that he can have his cake and eat it too.

Nov 11, 2006, 10:30 PM
    I give you an example:I had found out and confronted both of them end of March.She was supposed to be my friend,too.All hell broke loose and he promised to change.I really tried my best to listen and to be there for him.We went to church every Sunday and marriage counselingand then my beloved pet iguana died.I had loved this animal and I called my husband at work that the iguana is dying and that I am on the way to the vet.I came home to look at the empty cage.I had this iguana for eight years and he was a famous lizard as we had gone to educational programs and schools and thousands of people had met him.He was special so when he died after a long illness I was very emotional.My husband did not come home that night.I knew in my gut where he was but was in denial.I could not believe he would do that.The next day would have been our anniversary to top it off.I e-mailed his sister and she called him the next morning.I did not even have his phone number for his new cell phone.He called me and told me that he had gone drinking and slept at some friend's house.By the afternoon I called her house and just asked if he had been there last night and found my fear confirmed.He came home later at night and I flew off the handle.I gave him the rings and told him that I will not wear them until he can commit with all his heart.We are living now like oil and water.We do not share beds.I still have not heard any remorse about it from him.He had always been jealous of my care for the iguana.By the way,reptiles are what I intend to make a living with and I am regarded as an expert.So that gives you an idea what is going on here.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 12, 2006, 08:47 AM
    Is there a reason you can't pick up and move into at least a hotel for the time being?
    Sentra Posts: 385, Reputation: 55

Nov 12, 2006, 09:11 AM
    When you can't go through a day without worrying about the actions of the one you are committed to, there is an extreme problem and there needs to be relief from it. Why exactly are you 'stuck' there?

Nov 12, 2006, 09:46 AM
    Yes,as you can read in my former posting I don't have my residency here yet and so cannot work and support myself.He knows this but finally with the help of friends and some money for petsitting I am able to file but that will still need some time.The immigration authorities are overwhelmed but I do hope that it will take only months and not years.Untill then I am stuck here.At least he is not screaming at me and we try to be civil about it.

Nov 13, 2006, 10:29 AM
    Well,I did find out that he is e-mailing her.We had a talk and I told him that I do not tolerate his contact to her in any way.I have never been a jealous person and he has many contacts to tons of people that I used to not be concerned about but this is not acceptable.He admitted that he is confused.He is in the typical age for midlife crisis and I suppose that is the case with him.I did make it very clear that unless he puts up an effort to save this relationship we are heading for divorce.I told him that I want to hear his decision so I know where I am heading and can start to take steps towards an indipendant life.

Nov 13, 2006, 10:33 AM
    Aren't you automatically a citizen because you are married to him? And good going by having that talk with him, his own inner battles shouldn't affect anyone but him.

Nov 13, 2006, 12:15 PM
    No,you are not a citizen until you filed for it and paid huge fees.But I am nearly there but it will take months until I get my work permit.It is a real nail biter.

Nov 14, 2006, 04:58 AM
    Well, I hope you are in a happy place for now, until you can get on your own two feet which you will!:)
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 14, 2006, 06:29 AM
    Hang in there, and don't give up.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Boys names. [ 48 Answers ]

I have already picked the most perfect girls name for my baby (if it happens to be a girl) - however I am having a hard time trying to find boys names I like. I want unusual, uncommon boys names. Any ideas??

I Hate Boys [ 7 Answers ]

Don`t u just hate it when guys are so confused? Well I just recently broke up with my boyfriend. We`ve been going out since July so that`s about 6 months really. In the beginning it is always fine, everything is great and you think he`s "the one". But then all we did was fight and fight because...

Incredible boys [ 3 Answers ]

My son is 6 and he is giving me a hard time listening. I have been trying to give him more attention since our 5 month old arrived but its just inpossible to find the time to make every one happy. When I ask him a simple task like to eat his lunch or change his clothes (when dirty) he just...

Boys [ 8 Answers ]

Thought I pass this on from my daughter............... You find out interesting things when you have sons, like: 1.) A king size waterbed holds enough water to fill a 2000 sq. ft. house 4 inches deep. 2.) If you spray hair spray on dust bunnies and run over them with roller blades,...

Stuk between boys [ 1 Answers ]

OK I am almost fifteen but according to my parents they won't let me date until I am 16 but ia m but now that I am with this guy his cuzin likes me and this guy I have liked since like ever likes me and now I have no idea what to do I mean I like all of them and I don't want to choose because it is...

View more questions Search