Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Golden_Boy Posts: 330, Reputation: 6

Oct 6, 2009, 05:26 PM

That sucks!

I've noticed the more popularly, purchased, discussed lightening products (such as Fair&Lovely, Melederm, Crystaline), the less effective they actually are!

Why is that? Placebo effects or something?
    Vicky_D Posts: 254, Reputation: 19

Oct 6, 2009, 05:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Boy View Post
    That sucks!

I've noticed the more popularly, purchased, discussed lightening products (such as Fair&Lovely, Melederm, Crystaline), the less effective they actually are!

Why is that? Placebo effects or something??
    Oh wow one person didn't get results after using it for most likely less than 20 days (the recommended minimum period on the package) and suddenly it's a product that's not effective. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't jump to conclusions, people. Of course it won't work for everyone probably, but for some people it's obviously been working.
    Klaas Posts: 58, Reputation: -1

Oct 6, 2009, 08:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicky_D View Post
    Oh wow one person didn't get results after using it for most likely less than 20 days (the recommended minimum period on the package) and suddenly it's a product that's not effective. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't jump to conclusions, people. Of course it won't work for everyone probably, but for some people it's obviously been working.
    That's true just because it didn't work for one person doesn't mean it's not going to work for you. Also, it was only used less than two weeks, so that just goes to show it wasn't even used for a long time.
    weezing Posts: 174, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2009, 08:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Klaas View Post
    That's true just because it didn't work for one person doesn't mean it's not going to work for you. Also, it was only used less than two weeks, so that just goes to show it wasn't even used for a long time.

OK and what's your point? My face got darker so don't think that I'm lazy and I'm expecting fast results its just something happened that wasn't supposed to happen! I don't care if I used it less than a week or less than a day, if some weird is happening I'm going to stop.

And @ vicky, where did you get that info from? There's nothing on the package that says wait 20 days for results what are you talking about?

Like I said, the lotion worked on my body, the glycerin did nothing for my face and neck and I'm moving on to rosance.
    Klaas Posts: 58, Reputation: -1

Oct 6, 2009, 08:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by weezing View Post
    ok and whats your point? my face got darker so dont think that im lazy and im expecting fast results its just something happened that wasnt supposed to happen! i dont care if i used it less than a week or less than a day, if some weird is happening im gonna stop.
    Okay, I never stated that you were lazy. I was just saying that you used for like few days and shouldn't be so quick to judge. Maybe you should reread and comprehended few posts above you because I wasn't responding to you.
    Itss A New Day Posts: 163, Reputation: 8

Oct 7, 2009, 12:32 AM
    Ok so Im not sure if any of you are using any of the 55H+ lotions/creams with your regimen, but I am using the 55H+ Performance Multi Action lotion with the green label, and I just took a shower and applied and noticed some yellowing of the cream around the opening of the bottle... like crusted yellow cream... should I be concerned; is this common with natural ingredients or does this indicate a small level of HQ? Has anyone else noticed this with their 55H+ lotions??
    BrownDeceit Posts: 366, Reputation: 24

Oct 7, 2009, 05:07 AM

My mother has the one with the orange writing on it. Not sure what it's called. But it doesn't have any yellowing. So maybe you should be a little concerned. Check the dates on the bottle maybe?

Oct 7, 2009, 05:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sagluva View Post
    Brwon deceit did the fish oil pills lighten ur skin or only get rid of the acne? i am taking em right now.. love it.
    Hey Sagluva! I LOVE the fish oil pills too. And they don't make my skin lighter. But they make it BRIGHTER. Like it gives it this amazingly healthy glow if that makes any sense. And yes! They keep my skin clear. I love them soooo much. What effects is it having on your skin?

Oct 7, 2009, 08:40 AM

^ fish oils? Whatta about good 'ol cod liver? Will that help lighten me? :)
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Oct 7, 2009, 07:08 PM
    Cod liver oil... eewww.

How long did it take for you all to see the benefits of the Fish oils and what doses do you take?
    kpangor Posts: 357, Reputation: 2

Oct 7, 2009, 08:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Itss A New Day View Post
    Ok so Im not sure if any of you are using any of the 55H+ lotions/creams with your regimen, but I am using the 55H+ Performance Multi Action lotion with the green label, and I just took a shower and applied and noticed some yellowing of the cream around the opening of the bottle...like crusted yellow cream...should I be concerned; is this common with natural ingredients or does dis indicate a small level of HQ? Has anyone else noticed this with their 55H+ lotions???
    It can indicate three things.. either its expired,contains hQ or its just strong!

Oct 7, 2009, 08:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kpangor View Post
    It can indicate three things..either its expired,contains hQ or its just strong!!

Lets hope its not the latter as there is no expiration date =-/

Oct 7, 2009, 11:54 PM

It took maybe about 5 days? And I take between 3-6 pills a day. One day 3 next day 4 next 3 next day 5 next day 3 next day 6. You have to be careful because it can cause blood thinning and internal bleeding if you really OD on it.

Oct 8, 2009, 01:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by BrownDeceit View Post
    It took maybe about 5 days? And I take between 3-6 pills a day. One day 3 next day 4 next 3 next day 5 next day 3 next day 6. You have to be careful because it can cause blood thinning and internal bleeding if you really OD on it.

Don't all those fish oil pills give you fish burps? I used to take two a day and I could not stand the lingering smell of fish oil that came up when I burped. :eek: If you use a brand that doesn't give fish burps (there are some out there I think) please do share. My brand was Nature Made
    sagluva Posts: 84, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2009, 08:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Girl View Post
    cod liver oil...eewww.

How long did it take for you all to see the benefits of the Fish oils and what doses do you take?
    I take nature made.. 1200 mg.. Two a day and also a vitamin c pill... it helps me with my acne.. not sure if the fish oil pills alone would work but with my regimen, my pimples are under control.

Oct 8, 2009, 02:31 PM

Yeah. I burp like CRAZY. But that is not much of a sacrifice when it comes to getting clear skin!

Oct 8, 2009, 09:39 PM
    :p

*BURP!*

Oct 8, 2009, 11:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BrownDeceit View Post
    Yeah. I burp like CRAZY. But that is not much of a sacrifice when it comes to getting clear skin!
    Hmm... good point
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2009, 11:33 PM
    Lol... fish burps, that's funny. I may have to take a small dose then as I am anemic and can't afford to have thinned blood. But, maybe 1 or 2 pills a day may be best for me along with vitamin c since omega fatty acids are very good for the health?

Oct 9, 2009, 05:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Girl View Post
    lol...fish burps, that's funny. I may have to take a small dose then as I am anemic and can't afford to have thinned blood. But, maybe 1 or 2 pills a day may be best for me along with vitamin c since omega fatty acids are very good for the health?
    I would suggest asking your doctor first. To see what she/he recommends. When I get back home I'm going to ask my mother to take me to the doctor so I can see what she recommends. I haven't had any bad side effects (by the grace of God), but I'm just one of those people that likes to be extra careful. It's actually pretty RARE. Very RARE to have any bad side effects from taking fish oil pills. You'd have to be like taking ten a day. Lol.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Homework thread [ 9 Answers ]

I have to get a lot of homeowrk done by tomorrow because I missed an entire week of school from when I was sick. Its all due tomorrow and I did all I could but I still have a lot I need help with and I will post them below as I get to them.

I need to calculate the full product unit cost of both the 12pack and 2-liter product [ 1 Answers ]

I have raw materials costs 3% loss of raw materials, because of packaging requirements Packing materials costs 2% damaged materials Manufacturing expense Truck delivery fee Storage fee Wages p/year Manufacturing costs p/yr.

Product adaptation and standardisation of product [ 3 Answers ]

What is actual meaning n definition for adaptation and standardisation of product in local as well as international market? Give me with the suitable examples of german and japanies products

View more questions Search