Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xtremevishnu27 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2009, 02:51 AM
    How to get back my girlfriend who is worried that we won't marry because of her parent
    This question mite be big but please read and solve my problem

For past 1 year we are in love ,we both are so close but the problem is that I'm a hindu and she is orthodox Christine,recently she started telling to stop our relation and can be as good friends,the reason behind this is her fathers health and two of her siblings who are also in love,she says her father has got only hope on her that she should not turn up like her siblings.in order to keep up his words she is avoiding.. she is totally confused to choose me or her parents.. we both really love and got immense care on each other .but she feels like scrificing our love for her parents.. we are confused in solving this... kindly please help me how to console her and get her back,I want to live with her, so I badly need your help ,so that I can console her and later her father for this intercaste marriage... please help me

And how will I make her stable after getting her back,she is confused our intercaste marriage and feels will all her relatives and especially her parents accept our love...
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Oct 6, 2009, 06:04 AM

You can't force her to do anything that she doesn't want. She already knows that you want to marry her, now it's her choice whether she wants to be with you.

Even though it seems like she has so many obstacles, those obstacles can be overcome if she really wanted to. But she chose a different route and you have to respect her. You can't help her solve her problems. She has to want to solve her problems and she has to do it herself.

As for you, I'm sorry to say, but she probably won't come back to you. If she does, then great and you can work out your issues together. But when she tells you that she only wants to be friends, it's pretty much a break up. It's time for you to accept her decision and let go.
    High Max Posts: 271, Reputation: 43

Oct 6, 2009, 06:42 AM

Being the lone wolf and maverick that I am, I don't care what anyone says or thinks about who I am with if I am in love with them.

Furthermore, I think it's a real farce that she would just give up what the two of you had just to make daddy happy, I don't care if he has health problems or not.

I'd tell her that by leaving you to please her parents is cold and ridiculous, and that true love beats these things. There are countless stories of true lovers overcoming and telling the rest of the world to screw off.

The only thing that's left for you to do, in my opinion, is to say that your love should be able to overcome these barriers. If not, she is not worth it and isn't trying.

Bottom line though: If people know there will be religious/ethnical barriers that the relationship will not work, why get into them and then one day have a revelation that "Oh this wont work you are x religion and I am y religion"? How completely stupid to put the other person through the heart break.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My boyfriend won't marry me ? [ 22 Answers ]

Please anyone with advice please help... I have been with my boyfriend for 7 years and he won't marry me. I have talked to him about it for years and he sais that we will soon and then changes the subject.. After a few years of saying that he finally started saying that he is not ready because...

Lent Ex girlfriend money now she won't pay me back [ 3 Answers ]

Hi Was due to move in with girlfriend I have my house and she has hers. She has poor credit history and Debt recovery companies hassling her for Council Tax,Catalogues, Gas and electricity arrears,credit card debt etc. Some of these have payment plans set out. I wrote a MBNA credit card cheque for...

My friend wanting to marry his girlfriend! [ 11 Answers ]

My friend has been dating this girl for just about a year and 3 months now. They have been on and off 4 times because she thinks she can do whatever she wants and basically bosses him around. She is from colombia and doesn't have papers and my friend who I have known almost all my life wants to...

View more questions Search