Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    magicgb77 Posts: 33, Reputation: 2

Sep 19, 2009, 10:12 PM
    Has anyone ever gotten a cystectomy?
    Hi I was just wondering if anyone has gotten a cystectomy. I have a 10cm ovarian cyst, and on Monday I have to get surgery. I am scared because it is my first surgery.. but also because it's around my womanly organs. Just want any insights that may make me feel more relaxed about this.. also any info on how long it may take to heal. Thank you :o
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2009, 10:27 PM

I had my tube and ovary removed over 30 yrs. Ago and than it was a big deal.

Now you stay in the hospital a few days and its not nearly as invasive as it used to be.

If you never had anesthesia,be prepared for some nausea.

Honey just be sure to ask
    A lot of questions,anything that is on your mind.

The nurses are so cool and that really want to make you comfy.

Don't hesitate to share with your nurses,they are angels in white !

You will be fine.If you don't understand something,ASK!

You will get answers and that will help to soothe you.

Best of luck.

Take care.
    Many blessings !

Sep 19, 2009, 11:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by artlady View Post
    I had my tube and ovary removed over 30 yrs. ago and than it was a big deal.

Now you stay in the hospital a few days and its not nearly as invasive as it used to be.

If you never had anesthesia,be prepared for some nausea.

a lot of questions,anything that is on your mind.

You will be fine.If you don't understand something,ASK!

You will get answers and that will help to soothe you.

Best of luck.

Take care.
    Many blessings !
    Thank you so much for your response! I have asked millions of questions... and I still have more! It's good to know that asking questions makes it easier. I also like how you said " angels in white" :) If you don't mind me asking, why did they end up taking out your tube and ovary? Did you know that were going to do that before the surgery? I am just worried because I want to keep both of mine.. she said that she will.. unless something looks strange!
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2009, 11:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by magicgb77 View Post
    Thank you so much for your response! I have asked millions of questions... and I still have more!! It's good to know that asking questions makes it easier. I also like how you said " angels in white" :) If you dont mind me asking, why did they end up taking out your tube and ovary? Did you know that were going to do that before the surgery? I am just worried because I want to keep both of mine.. she said that she will.. unless something looks strange!
    I signed for a hysterectomy.
    I was lucky that he was able to save one tube and one ovary.

I had an ovarian cyst that grew into my bowel,I didn't go to doctors.

I was only 18 and I just lived with the pain. Stupid.

I had two children after the fact so ,you can have babies with few parts.

They kept me open on the table when they send my growth down to the lab and they saw no cancer so they saved me.
    You need to rest ,try to rest.You will be fine. Really !

Sep 19, 2009, 11:20 PM
    I signed for a hysterectomy.
    I was lucky that he was able to save one tube and one ovary.

I had an ovarian cyst that grew into my bowel,I didn't go to doctors.

I was only 18 and I just lived with the pain. Stupid.

I had two children after the fact so ,you can have babies with few parts.

They kept me open on the table when they send my growth down to the lab and they saw no cancer so they saved me.
    You need to rest ,try to rest.You will be fine. Really !
    I too have gone for a year... dealing with the pain. They found it when it was only 2cm. They told me to do nothing, that it would go away. NOw it is the size of a small basketball. I sure hope that mine has not attached itself to any part of me. The sonogram shows it sitting right in the middle of my ovaries.. Doc doesn't know where it is coming from.. scary! Oh and I have a new Doc since the one that tld me not to do anything. Well thank you again for answering all my questions.. as you can tell... Im scared out of my mind! You helped a lot ;)
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2009, 11:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by magicgb77 View Post
    I too have gone for a year... dealing with the pain. They found it when it was only 2cm. They told me to do nothing, that it would go away. NOw it is the size of a small basketball. I sure hope that mine has not attached itself to any part of me. The sonogram shows it sitting right in the middle of my ovaries.. Doc doesnt know where it is coming from..scary! Oh and I have a new Doc since the one that tld me not to do anything. Well thank you again for answering all my questions..as you can tell..... Im scared out of my mind!! You helped alot ;)
    I know its scary hon but have faith that they will keep as many parts as they can.
    All Gods love and prayers to you.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 20, 2009, 06:26 AM
    a lot of questions,anything that is on your mind.

Thank you for the wonderful compliment. Had to share some love... but that's what I do... make my patients comfy. :D

Oct 9, 2009, 09:10 PM

Just want to say that I had my surgery. I got to keep my ovaries! My doc cut at the bikini line so the scar will be unseen. When she was inside she removed two cysts. They were endometriosis cysts ( filled with black blood). She said that this kind was easier to manage. So looks like I had or have endometriosis too. Anyway thanks for all the advice ARTLADY :) Oh and yes my nurses were the best.. I would say that for surgery... it was a pleasant experience!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am 24 years age,a ovarian cystectomy was done 1year ago.the cyst was haemaregic.thi [ 1 Answers ]

I am 24 years age,a ovarian cystectomy was done 1year ago.the cyst was haemaregic.this time I found my period is 9 days late till today.Am I suffering from cyst again?Can I be a mother in future?

View more questions Search