Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mona93 Posts: 61, Reputation: 0

Sep 3, 2009, 04:34 PM
    It's true that the first kiss you can't forget?
    It's true that the first kiss you can't forget?. because I'm trying for some time and I think it will never go away the memori of that specific moment:(... or I have to wait for another crush...
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2009, 04:58 PM
    We often forget things. But you can't "un-remember" an incident, person, place, or thing, no matter how hard you try. He must be a tool. Good luck on the next one.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Sep 3, 2009, 05:59 PM

How long ago was the kiss? With time, I'm sure it will be less on your mind. I can barely remember my first kiss which was years ago.

Sep 4, 2009, 08:23 AM

Almost 2 months...
    88sunflower Posts: 1,207, Reputation: 462
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2009, 08:28 AM
    Aw yes, my first kiss. I guess you do forget in time because I can't remember who my first kiss was with. I remember the first kiss with certain boyfriends but not the "first kiss ever"
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Sep 5, 2009, 03:40 AM

I can remember mine... barely.

I remember the person and the place but it was about 7 years ago so my memory is pretty fuzzy.

Sep 5, 2009, 04:23 AM

How old were you at your first kiss...
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Sep 5, 2009, 04:51 AM

I remember mine. We were sitting in the back seat of his brother's car in front of my house. I thought he just wanted a hug, like he had for months, so I turned my head and he almost missed my mouth ^_^

it was awkward, but now it makes me smile in amusement.
    88sunflower Posts: 1,207, Reputation: 462
    Ultra Member

Sep 5, 2009, 04:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mona93 View Post
    how old were you at your first kiss...
    I am 36 right now. I can even remember when mine was. Grade school real quick on the lips maybe. But really deep, hmmm Jr. High possibly. Can't even remember.
    Uber Member

Sep 5, 2009, 05:00 AM

My first kiss was when I was 16, I am 23 now.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Sep 5, 2009, 05:02 AM

Not unless it rocked your world!:)
    Experts

Sep 5, 2009, 05:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shazamataz View Post
    Me too. Well, I'll be 23 in a month...
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Sep 5, 2009, 05:06 AM
    Wow,your so mature.I was guessing 28.Wow, your one year younger than my youngest.
    He will be 23 in Feb.
    Girls are so much more mature. Your :cool:
    Uber Member

Sep 5, 2009, 05:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by artlady View Post
    Wow,your so mature.I was guessing 28.Wow, your one year younger than my youngest.
    He will be 23 in Feb.
    Girls are so much more mature. your :cool:
    Of coarse we are... :cool:
    Coincidentally though, my boyfriend is a year younger than me... and yes, he is immature, in a good way though.

Can you adopt me?
    Then come live with me, you can get a dog then!

I thought you were older than 23 hheath!
    I'm doing well, first I thought you were a boy, then I thought you were older lol
    Experts

Sep 5, 2009, 06:06 AM
    Of coarse we are... :cool:
    coincidentally though, my boyfriend is a year younger than me... and yes, he is immature, in a good way though.

Can you adopt me?
    Then come live with me, you can get a dog then!

I thought you were older than 23 hheath!
    I'm doing well, first I thought you were a boy, then I thought you were older lol
    it's OK ^_~

my screenname makes most people think I'm a boy at first. It doesn't bother me. I'm often told I sound older than I am.
    KUXJ Posts: 975, Reputation: 97

Sep 5, 2009, 07:49 AM
    it's true that the first kiss you can't forget?. because I'm trying for some time and I think it will never go away the memori of that specific moment:(... or I have to wait for another crush...
    It depends on how strong the moment was.

Would it not be fair to say that for all of us, our first kiss was from our Mothers that bore us?
    There is, if any of us, save our Mothers that remember that first tender moment.

But yet, even at that early stage of our development, it was a moment of bonding, an emotional act that releases hormones into our physiological systems.

That remains the deciding factor in why babies will prefer their Mothers over their Fathers. Unless the Father begins his bonding after the moment of birth also.
    It may even have a bearing on why my niece's, and nephew's (until about the age of three) shy away from me because I have facial hair, and their Father's don't. But I digress.

The human body produces two hormones, and endorphins that create, and strengthen this bonding. When a moment of bonding occurs between two or even a group of humans, whether it be bi, hetero, or homosexual

And I use the term homosexual not just in the "popular" context.
    Do not forget there is also "Male/Female Bonding" as in a group of guys/gals
    that simply get together to watch a sporting event or attend a luncheon.

Two hormones Oxytocin and Vasopressin are produced along with the Endorphins. It is this combination of bodily chemicals that
    Produces the "Bonding" between humans.

It depends on how strong the moment was.
    If you only knew your boyfriend for a week or two, and he "steals" a kiss, you would remember it, but it would eventually fade away, unless something triggered your engrams to remember it.
    But if you, and your boyfriend were together for say six months to a year, with no physical contact, and a moment of "passion" occurred it may stay with you for life. This is a good read on "The 12 steps of Human Pair Bonding"

On the flip side of this coin, this is also why it "hurts" when a person whom we have bonded with suddenly exits our life, either by death or abstinence, and hormones also play an integral part.

To use an analogy... It's like turning off the hot water and turning on the cold.

When "Social Isolation" occurs, stress levels rise, and the axis of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal glands release cortisol, and that's why it feels like "someone punched you in the gut"

References to Oxytocin and Vasopressin:

Human bonding -Wikipedia

HowStuffWorks "How Love Works" - Chemical Bonding
    cal823 Posts: 867, Reputation: 116

Sep 5, 2009, 08:10 AM

My first Kiss was at 17. Was pretty average, didn't even like her that way, was just a dare.
    First, second, or 27th, it doesn't matter. What matters is the person you kiss.
    I wish I could kiss someone in an actual girlfriend-boyfriend kind of way.
    But anyway, that's beside the point.
    You can forget things, but not deliberately.
    Trying to do something requires you to think about what you are trying to do. So, it doesn't work for forgetting. Just don't worry about it, its okay, there will be meaningful kisses later.

Sep 5, 2009, 11:36 AM
    To Shaz, and hheath541...

Thank You both for your Kind words.

Steve

Sep 5, 2009, 03:36 PM

I liked this boy very much... but he is in another city and he forgot me because for him it wasn't the first kiss.I still like him but even if I do something I can't change anything.We haven't spoken after that day.On the streets I don't look at him when we meet.I hate me because I keep my feelings... and I tought it's better to forget but it's so hard

Sep 6, 2009, 10:01 AM
    I liked this boy very much...but he is in another city and he forgot me because for him it wasn't the first kiss.
    Young men are explorers, and willing to try anything once, he forgot you because he was bonding with other activities. Did he tell you, you weren't the first? If he did... In my Book, he's a cad
    I still like him but even if i do something i can't change anything. We haven't spoken after that day. On the streets i don't look at him when we meet. I hate me because i keep my feelings...and i tought it's better to forget but it's so hard
    Okay, so you still like him, and know nothing will change, but don't start hating yourself, that will get you no-where fast.

Your emotions are so charged up right now, and so new to budding relationships, it's stopping you from thinking straight.
    In order to find answers to our questions, a person needs to have a conversation with another person.

Have you asked your Mom or Dad for advice? Believe it or not, they also have had the same experience you are going through right now. If you would approach your Mom during a moment of her quiet time, and explain the situation to her (you don't necessarily have to tell her 'bout the “kiss”).
    I think she would feel proud, and honored that she was able to guide her growing daughter.

She may even tell you to do this:
    The next time you see this fellow take a few deep breaths, walk up to him, and say Hi! and when the conversation starts, judge his answers against the qualities you would like in a friend. Even ask him, Why haven't you been talking with me? his answer should tell you weather or not you should pursue this friendship.

Hang in there mona, your journey is just beginning... k

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I forget things I want to forget? [ 5 Answers ]

I really want to forget my last year combination but I just seem to have a photographic memory. Nobody else I know remembers there last year combination and I really want to not remember it but I just don't know how!!

I'd like opinions on how much this article is true or think its true [ 8 Answers ]

What does it mean to be a man today? How can men consciously express their masculinity without becoming cold or closed-hearted on the one hand… or wimpy and emasculated on the other? What’s the most loving way for a conscious man to express himself? Here are 10 ways to live more consciously as a...

Eskimo kiss and forehead kiss [ 2 Answers ]

Not sure if this question should be in this forum or in relationship Anyway, just out of curiosity, what can frequent eskimo kissing and forehead kissing in a relationship tell about the significant others who initiate it and the relationship itself? I know that just a couple of physical...

True or Not True about Breast Cancer and plastic bottle water in left a car [ 8 Answers ]

I had this conversation with one of my co-works today regarding Breast Cancer. She told me that you women can get breast cancer by bottle water left in a car. I don't believe it. Is there anyone who can answer this question please?

What is true/not true about linked genes? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to clarify concepts in genetics about linked genes. I know that linked genes are located on the same chromosome and they always segregated together during meiosis and always separate during crossing over, right? And is the recombination frequency actually reprsent the distance between...

View more questions Search