Ask
    ATG 94 Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2009, 12:35 PM

Thanks for the words TexasLonghorn.

In other news, break ups suck.
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Aug 8, 2009, 02:21 AM
    Don't they just but most are necessary.whilst mostly realising that my ex was as flawed as most of us I'm sitting here regretting the times when I could have been nicer myself.and there were quite a few of them.there s no magic pill we have to go through all these emotions regrets longing for then good times missing the people we were etc.I m trying to build a relationship with myself now wanting to find out which part of me needs to heal in order to find a healthy relationship.
    TexasLonghorn Posts: 25, Reputation: 4

Sep 2, 2009, 07:14 AM
    Dreams about the Ex
    Threads merged.

Ugh... It has now been 2 1/2 months since our break up. I have done NC and it truly is the best way to go. I have dated again... dates have been just OK but it's important to be back out there.

I have done pretty good... but just when I think I am totally over him I have a dream about him and it upsets me.

We still have not seen each other... if a dream upsets I am concerned that it may really upset me to actually see him.

Maybe I will just stop sleeping... lol
    Uber Member

Sep 2, 2009, 07:21 AM

Do you want to share the dream?

Sep 2, 2009, 07:26 AM

The dream was just that I was at a party and so was he and we talked... then when he left he came over and said good bye. That was pretty much it. I remember it being weird when we said goodbye...
    Imabadman Posts: 303, Reputation: 135

Sep 2, 2009, 07:27 AM

It happens. Were you together long? You can't just expel months and years of memories after 2½ months... just doesn't work like that. Recognize your fears/concerns and deal with them as they come. You'll pull through.
    Uber Member

Sep 2, 2009, 07:32 AM

Your dream mirrors reality -you said goodbye.dont let it upset you.and don't give up on your beauty sleep. :-)
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 2, 2009, 08:04 AM

This will pass if you let it, and stay busy with other things. Maybe your dream is telling you not to get carried away, by a dream.

Sep 2, 2009, 10:25 AM

Great thoughts... thanks... we were together 9 months... it was pretty intense and the break-up for shocking as he was cheating... but I am sooo much better than I was.

No Contact is the key
    Just Looking Posts: 1,610, Reputation: 480
    Ultra Member

Sep 2, 2009, 11:07 AM
    I always think of dreams as cleansing your mind, while also unifying the mind, body and spirit. A dream in which you are saying goodbye to someone indicates an end to your worries, an end to a relationship, or an end to a chapter in your life. If they are saying goodbye to you, it suggests you are going on a journey of self-discovery, a new phase to your life. It sounds like you are having healthy dreams.

I'm at about the same stage as you - broken up after an intense, yet somewhat short, relationship. I'm having nightmares. I'll trade you. :)
    Uber Member

Sep 2, 2009, 11:07 AM

It certainly is-it w o r k s! :-)
    crisluvsu731 Posts: 150, Reputation: 6

Sep 2, 2009, 11:18 AM

I was with a guy for 1 1/2 years and we have been broken up for 3 years now, I have been with my current boyfriend for a little over 2 years and I still have dreams about my ex, he cheated on me the whole time we were together too.
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Sep 2, 2009, 11:20 AM

It's normal.

I hadn't seen my ex in about 6 years and I dreamt about him.

It was weird. Made me feel weird.

Anyway it's normal, no sweat.

Sarah
    CanIBuyAClue Posts: 144, Reputation: 39

Sep 2, 2009, 11:24 AM

When I first started NC I would dream about my ex every single night... for seriously like 2 weeks. I was like this has got to stop. It does get better and they will stop. Start developing a crush on somebody else (just as a way to forget the ex -- don't even need to pursue or seriously be interested in the person) that's what helped me get her out of my mind. Just a thought! :) Stay strong, the longer you do NC the easier it gets.
    Uber Member

Sep 2, 2009, 11:34 AM

Yes I ve dreamt of exes too.and they were no Brad Pitts.:-(

Sep 9, 2009, 07:46 AM
    Seeing the ex for the first time
    Threads merged.

Been broke up for nearly 3 months.

He cheated and was not respectful of me... I felt like I had to end it. I still miss him a bit.

We have done NC.

I am going to a fundraiser party next weekend and I am sure he will be there. How did you handle seeing the ex out for the first time?

When I stumble upon pictures of him I sometimes get emotional. I dread that moment when my heart is racing when I see him.

I do not want to talk to him. If we end up in close contact I will say Hey and keep on going.

Any other tips?
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Sep 9, 2009, 07:49 AM
    Stay with people close to you when you get emotional. They should be able to keep you away from him.

Just mingle with other people and try to meet new people. He won't be the only person in the room.
    Uber Member

Sep 9, 2009, 07:54 AM

You ll be fine-minimum contact -if any at all necessary.he s in your past and you ve moved on and your life s back on track.good luck!
    bella99 Posts: 150, Reputation: 37

Sep 9, 2009, 02:02 PM

Hey - I used to run into my ex a lot and it was really awkward - after our last incredibly awkward meeting - I decided to do no contact - that was back at the beginning of August.

Well then I Found out he has a new girlfriend - through Facebook of course - and I knew I was going to see him at a friend's going away party. I thought he might bring the new girl - I was dreading going and seeing them together. I was going to just not go if he was there, but then I realized I'm there for a reason other than to avoid him - I'm going because I want to say good bye to my friend. So I decided to go no matter what.

It was a good idea, because about 30 of my friends were there to keep me distracted - I definitely HATED seeing him with someone else - but having my friends there for the first time was much better than just running into him at the store by myself.

Basically - the 2 of them walked in - passed me - I kept talking to my friends like I didn't care. About a half hour later we were basically standing next to each other so I was polite said hi - told him a funny story about one of our friends and then I said I had to get going - went and hung out with some other friends of ours.

Honestly it was hard to see him with someone else - but I made sure he didn't know that - to him I looked like I was having a great time - fun - joking around with friends - dancing with guys - he didn't know I was secretly getting my friends to keep me away so I wouldn't have to see him.

Just be calm - stay away from him - be polite if you run into him - and just don't make it a big deal. You have to get it over with eventually - either that or move to Alaska where you might not run into him. You can do it! Be strong :)
    Just Looking Posts: 1,610, Reputation: 480
    Ultra Member

Sep 9, 2009, 02:06 PM
    It also helps to be prepared. Imagine in your mind different scenes and how you can play them out so when you see him you aren't taken by surprise - you already have a plan in mind.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need to stop using meth. I quit for 6 year before. How do I stop now? [ 5 Answers ]

I began using in 1997. Shortly after I got busted for possession of Meth and had a small handgun in my car. I was given a slap on the wrist and had a stayed stentence of I think 30 days. I violated probation with a domestic violence case three year later. I continued my meth use and began...

Dreams [ 6 Answers ]

I know that some people may not believe that a dream has any importance. For a lot of dreams maybe they do not. I do believe that possibility that every dream we have has some kind of meaning, whether it is trying to work out our daily troubles to actually letting us know of the future. Since...

How to stop a ceiling fan that will not stop [ 2 Answers ]

We have a fan that will not stop when we try to pull the chain, the fan just keeps on running and we replaced the fan switch,did not fix the problem. Fan is not connect to any other outlet.

Dreams ! [ 11 Answers ]

Do you guys believe that God can speak to you through dreams..

Why won't it stop? What would make it stop? [ 6 Answers ]

I don't know why But I can't let go of my ex. I don't care about anyone else I just want her. It has been going on now for 3 months. People say time will heal, how long of time? It is beginning to destroy my life I don't even want to get out of bed. I feel that I cannot be full again with out her?...

View more questions Search