Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    prentiss Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2006, 06:53 AM
    Childsupport and time
    I love my daughter very much and pick her up from school everday and drop her off to her mom everyday ,she is ten and has a learning disability so her home work takes up a lot of time .I have joint legal custody I also have her every other weekend,I keepasking her mom to drop child support or give me 2 days off during the week ,I keep her to 830everyday.since I keep her so much I feed her as well take her to the doctor when she get sick ,although I did ask 4 this in a court order I didn't know at the time she had a learning disability,the mom work to jobs as well has a live in boyfriend or husband,and she will not renegotiate the contract should take her back to court.
    SYGFHAB Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Oct 22, 2006, 07:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by prentiss
    I love my daughter very much and pick her up from school everday and drop her off to her mom everyday ,she is ten and has a learning disability so her home work takes up a lot of time .i have joint legal custody i also have her every other weekend,i keepasking her mom to drop child support or give me 2 days off during the week ,i keep her to 830everyday.since i keep her so much i feed her aswell take her to the doctor when she get sick ,although i did ask 4 this in a court order i didnt know at the time she had a learning disability,the mom work to jobs aswell has a live in boyfriend or husband,and she will not renegotiate the contract should take her back to court.
    It only sounds fair that you should go back to court.
    Be sure of what you want the outcome to be. Write it down clearly and in detail, in terms of what a possible schedule could look like, then visualize the outcome as it would look if it were taking place.
    You always create what you think about most.
    Good luck
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2006, 12:11 PM
    You can re-file in court. However, unless circumstances have changed considerably since the original order you'll probably get nowhere doing so. You may be able to get credit for certain allowances if they weren't included in the original order.
    sensualambiance Posts: 6, Reputation: 0

Nov 5, 2006, 12:11 AM
    So what you are saying is that you don't feel that you need to pitch in as much on helping supporting your child right. That is selfish as hell. I mean it shouldn't matter if she has a man living with her this is your child did you forget that. So just because you spend time with your child you feel that it justifies you not paying the amount you pay now. You men it tell you you are quick to lay down but then you don't want to equally financially support the child. The child spending time with you does not lessen the child's needs come on think about it just because the child spends time with you the child still needs clothes and the other necessities to live. All you men please think before you try and ask for a reduction in child support you are pathetic
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 5, 2006, 08:29 AM
    Please put the child first and do what is necessary to her well being. I do not sympathise wth you at all since you found out how much work it is to care for your own child. You wanted joint custody, so quit crying and do what your supposed to do.

Nov 5, 2006, 08:45 AM
    No no I do all that and more I keep her most of the time even during the summer and I still buy her all the things in life that she needs her mother doesn't ever get her hair done and she tells my child wait to you go to your dads house ,let him get it done ,I've brought her 2 cars put her in 2 brought when she didn't have a place to stay I'm a very good dad brought from some of my female friends give me mothered gifts on mothers day,and now since she got another man she keeps telling my daughter that she going to move down south because she can't make it up here when I'm doing everything I got to the parent teacher events all school activities she does even take the girl to the play ground

Nov 5, 2006, 08:53 AM
    The worst thing is she will not discuss anything with me about my child because she has a man and trying to take her from me now,when I drop my child off her and her new man is there every night my child needs tutoring and she will not sit down to dicuss her education but if you think I'm a bd dad that's your opion ,the issue of child support came about when she told me she didn't want to be with me any more so I got some body else she got jealouse and then took me 4 support oh yeah she was living with me at the time lied to the jugde and they didn't even let me talk so finally I got a lawery got rights in she been very van ever since so you right I'm going to do what I have to do I'm going to take her back to court
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 5, 2006, 09:26 AM
    You have to forget about your ex, she has moved on and you need to move on also.

This sounds like more issues with the ex than issues about the child.

You ex has every right to find someone new and start another life. You have a obligation to help care for the child, not as a means of staying in your ex's life, but to be with the child

Nov 9, 2006, 04:33 PM
    Your rt FATHER but I am tying to move on I just want to discuss the futuer of our child is that too much to ask ,when I bring up the subject to her she says all or nothing,meaning she wants full custody or nothing at all to do with negotiations an I'm trying to bring closure by getting away from her as much as possible but she want even discuss that,I just drop off pick up and that's it my child is with me all the waking hours so really I feel like the single parent and its been this way since she was born,I just want her to grow up to be a happy little girl she's been through a lot so I feel I have to protecter in I will nt give up my rts and at the sametime I'm trying to get away I still love her mother always will but it seems she wants to destroy me rather then raise our little girl together with common sense ,it goes a lot deeper than that but I know my little girl needs me period

Nov 9, 2006, 04:40 PM
    So what should be done ? I'm open to any suggestions how to bring this situation to an end I don't want to go into 2007 with these issuses I just want to be the best father to my child in move on to a better life I'm ready to grow in like beyonce says up grade myself,lol I just have this one issues that I need to bring to a closure like the good father said
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 9, 2006, 04:47 PM
    As long as you have a child together, you will have issues with your ex.

The best situation is to have it settled in court as to who gets custody, who gets visittion and when. Some people even have a third party pick and take the child home as not to have to even see or get near the ex.

You just need to do what you can to be there, and get those rights under a court order. So she does not want to negotiate, so she wants this, who cares, you should not care what she wants, that is why divorce and seperations are hard, you have to merely fight for what you want in court and then in the end, have to live with what you get from the court.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 9, 2006, 05:26 PM
    Its obvious that you and your ex will never agree but I can guarantee the court will take it into consideration that you fought for the good of your child and whatever the outcome you will be in her life so do the best you can with what you get from the court.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Enforcing childsupport from Mexico [ 5 Answers ]

Need to force parent to help pay for son. He lives in La Barca Mexico and I live in California U.S. It is only right that the parent in Mexico helps out with his son and he just settled a workers comp case but my son receives nonthing. Any advice on how to get action done. Please

Computer won't start up first time, but will second time [ 8 Answers ]

So this is a completely different computer first off. When I press the power button, everything powers up, but the computer does not post, or beep. If you leave the computer on for like 10 seconds, turn it off, and then turn it immediately back on, it turns on, posts, beeps, boots into Windows...

Part time or full time resident? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am a student in PA and spent about 3 months in New York during the summer for an internship. Since my primary domicile was still in PA (since I had to return for the next year of classes), am I a resident of PA for the full year or a part year resident? Likewise when I file state tax...

When is the right time? [ 8 Answers ]

Okay I need some help with something. Okay so girls how long should we be together with someone until it's a good time for a guy to give you a promise ring(promise ring is for I promise to be with her and be there for her forever). What would some of the signs be if she really into me, acually...

View more questions Search