Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jessica143 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2009, 10:26 AM
    I wounder if I'm pregnant even though I started my period
    Hi,

I am 17, almost 18.
    I had been off my birthcontrol for about or over 6 months. And I hadn't had sex for 3 months. Last week I had sex for the first time with in those 3 months. My periods had been regular before all of this. During the time I had sex we used a condom. To tell you the truth I'm not sure if he had keeped it on. I think he did but I can't remember if I could feel it or anything. My last period was around July 10 and its now August 16. I just stated my period yesterday. But I have been feeling weak and light headed. My lower stomach hurts worse then what is usually is and my lower back is in pain as well. When I went for my nightly walk yesterday I started to loss my bearth and was getting harder for me to breath. My right nipple has a darken ring forming around it and my left boob is some what tender. Both of my boobs look a bit bigger. I have noticed that my normal streght is not what is usually is... I went to pick up a t.v. a pretty good sized one at that... and it felt like I was trying to lift something that was bolted to the ground... it was not going anywhere... and usually I would beable to lift it.
    I don't know if this sounds bad but I really hope that I am pregnant. Now I know most of you are going to read this and be like a teenager wants to have a kid she has no idea what's she going to get here self into. Well I do. I had to raise 2 kids at thet age of 8, so I had to grow up fast. So I'm sure I know how to be a mom. And I would really like to be. Even though we used a condom so I think. But it was more to say we used it if someone asked... now does anyone think there might be a possablity that I might be pregnant...
    Oo and before we actually has sex he has tried to go in before putting a condom on. This would have been the 3rd time he had tried that in that one night.
    Tkraus Posts: 29, Reputation: -2

Aug 16, 2009, 10:35 AM

I think you could be pregnant. So now would be a good time for you to take a pregnancy test. You will have a good feeling if you are or not and those feelings may be based on the period you are having. If its lighter, shorter, how much you change a pad or tampon etc.. Please keep us updated, I would like to know the outcome. Good luck and much baby dust to you
    transit Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2009, 10:36 AM
    Before thinking anything just ask your b/f he used or not condom
    Tkraus Posts: 29, Reputation: -2

Aug 16, 2009, 10:37 AM

I think you could be pregnant. So now would be a good time for you to take a pregnancy test. You will have a good feeling if you are or not and those feelings may be based on the period you are having. If its lighter, shorter, how much you change a pad or tampon etc.. Please keep us updated, I would like to know the outcome. Good luck and much baby dust to you. Oh by the way. I have 3 children. I had my first one at 16 and even though it was hard and I did end up giving him up for adoption when he was to-- there is more to the story so please do not judge-- I have 2 beautiful children with my ex husband and I had these children at 18 and 19-- if you have the motivation and the means to do it then more power to you. That is a decision you have to make for yourself, if other people judge you then they are WRONG. Good luck sweetie, if you need to talk I am here.

Aug 16, 2009, 11:45 AM

OK well I live with my grandparents so I just went and got a test. I'm not going to be able to use it until next weekend. And my grandparents have no idea and I don't know how I would tell them. But my mom knows and I see her on the weekends. So now all I have to do is wait and not get my hopes up. And make sure my grandparents don't find it... well I'm hoping for luck...

Aug 16, 2009, 12:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tkraus View Post
    i think you could be pregnant. so now would be a good time for you to take a pregnancy test. you will have a good feeling if you are or not and those feelings may be based on the period you are having. if its lighter, shorter, how much you change a pad or tampon etc.. please keep us updated, i would like to know the outcome. good luck and much baby dust to you. oh by the way. i have 3 children. i had my first one at 16 and even though it was hard and i did end up giving him up for adoption when he was to-- there is more to the story so please do not judge-- i have 2 beautiful children with my ex husband and i had these children at 18 and 19-- if you have the motivation and the means to do it then more power to you. that is a decision you have to make for yourself, if other people judge you then they are WRONG. good luck sweetie, if you need to talk i am here.
    Well thank you for your suport. I need it. I'm more worried about be judge by my family. I have a question. Once you had your child was schooling harder and do you think that I could possibly stay with my career. I'm sure if I put all effort into it I could do it. But talking with my mom she had told me that it would be just about impossible. But then again her life style wasn't the greatest. And I wouldn't judge you at all. My step mom had a child at the age of 13... and not her daughter is 13 poor kid she gets so meny talks about not to like guys at her age because she's going to get pregnant. But she's a good kid so no worries. She to scared to do what her mom did. But I don't know I just I'm just worried to hear about it from my granparents and my dad... but I guess I need to talk with my boyfriend and see what we need to do if I so happen to be. I'm kind of excited but scared at the same time.
    Kadehadaire Posts: 197, Reputation: 10

Aug 17, 2009, 04:49 AM

If you got your period, why do you think you are pregnant? You do not have periods when pregnant. You can have vaginal bleeding while pregnant, but not a period.

If you were having a period while pregnant, and again, not vaginal bleeding, then you would be losing the baby; miscarrying.

The symptoms you describe (pain in lower back etc) are period symptoms as well as pregnancy symptoms. The breast tenderness can also be a menstral thing (my breasts feel tender during my period).

Sorry to be a reality check, but without a test, you will not know. Take it.

Let us know how you get on. Xx

Aug 20, 2009, 07:49 PM

OK well my period had been only 2 days long and I had started to spot... I had done lots of reading and searching to find answers to all my questions... and yes you can have your period. Its not really supposed to happen at all but it can happen not everyone has it heppen to them. But it doesn't do any damage to the child at all. But there was a lot that I had found out... a lot of things you wouldn't think could happen... but I'm taking my test in 2 days on Saturday... so well hope me luck I guess... and we will find out if I am or not... but I really want to take the test tomorrow like crazy... but my sister and mother and friend had said that I should wait... I don't know should I... I have 2 test... both the say. But if I take it Saturday then I have one for next week... in case if it was to early... but well wish me luck I will need tons of it... : )
    mamaof2boys Posts: 220, Reputation: 25

Aug 20, 2009, 09:57 PM
    If you had your period and you used a condom then no you are probably not pregnant. And how would you not know if the condom came off? Was it not there when you were done? I'm not trying to burst your bubble but it doesn't sound like you are pregnant. It sounds like you are wanting to be pregnant. And there are things you really need to think about before trying or hoping to get pregnant. Do you own a home, do you own a car, do you have a husband, are you not planning on going to college? You may think you are ready but een at 27 with a home, car, husband and great jobs, having your own baby changes everything. It will be so much better when you are older and prepared.
    Kadehadaire Posts: 197, Reputation: 10

Aug 21, 2009, 02:27 AM

Reasons for bleeding during pregnancy:

Implantation bleeding

Some women experience spotting when their fertilised egg implants into the wall of their uterus and the connection that will later support the placenta is established. Rather than the heavier flow associated with 'normal' periods, implantation bleeding tends to be very light, pink or brownish in colour and usually only lasts for a day or so. However, as implantation typically occurs 6 - 10 days after ovulation, and therefore in all likelihood only a few days before your period is due, it is possible to confuse this with a very light period.

Hormonal bleeding

A few women go on to experience period-like bleeding throughout the first few months of their pregnancy and, although this is quite rare, lighter bleeding occurs in schedule with their previously established menstrual cycle each month. This is known as 'decidual bleeding' and is thought to occur because fluctuations in hormone levels cause areas of the womb lining that aren't yet actively involved in supporting a pregnancies development to shed.

Ectopic pregnancy

Ectopic pregnancies occur when a fertilised egg implants and begins to develop outside the womb (usually in the fallopian tube from which the egg was released). In this instance bleeding is likely to be accompanied by severe pain on one side of the lower abdomen, sickness, fainting, collapse or pain in the shoulder tip. If you experience these symptoms, it's essential to seek help from your health care provider right away.

Early miscarriage

Sadly some pregnancies do end in miscarriage very early on in their development and unfortunately this can sometimes be the reason for 'period like' bleeding. Signs of a miscarriage include very heavy, clotted bleeding that tends to be more intense than a usual period and accompanied by strong abdominal cramps. Again, if this is something you are concerned about it's important to contact your health care provider for information and reassurance.

I believe there is an extremely rare medical condition where a pregnant woman can bleed monthly through her pregnancy, but it is not a period. The period wipes clean the lining of the uterus. It is not possible for the lining of the uterus to go and have the baby magically remain fixed to the uterus wall.
    Cesca28 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2009, 02:37 PM

Hey, how did the tests go

Xx
    asdfghjklhelp Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2010, 02:22 AM
    ? What haappened??

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I had unprotected sex 3 days before I started my period but my period came 7days earl [ 9 Answers ]

I had unprotected sex then 3 days later I started my period when I wasn't supposed to for about another week. Is it possible I could be pregnant?:confused:

I started my period but I think I am pregnant, could I be? [ 17 Answers ]

I had sex with this dude and I started my period two days later but I have reocurring dreams that I am pregnant I didn't think I was until after the dreams and I still feel that way on my period so is it possible to be pregnant while after starting your period two days after having...

My period started late could I be pregnant [ 1 Answers ]

My period started a week late is it possible I am still pregnant I did some home pregnancy tests all came back negative

I started my period 3 days after I had sex. Could I still be pregnant? [ 1 Answers ]

OK, a few weeks ago I got drunk and hooked back up with my ex. And well we had unprotected sex. Then 3 days later I start my period, but it was a week early. Well I was just wondering if there was a chance that I could still be pregnant or should I just no worry about it.

Have a started my period? [ 2 Answers ]

Erm.. well I have a "women problem" I was at home and went to the loo , I was wiping down there when I noticed a speck of blood on the tissue but there was nothing on my knickers, so I left it then I told my mum and she said put a pad on so I did! Its know been 2 days now and there have been...

View more questions Search