Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Duggi Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2009, 02:29 AM
    Split unit 30000 BTU
    I have a 30000 BTU split, the unit runs, but my concern is the accumulator freezes
    The pipes are cold but not frozen, the condenser makes a high sucking sound,
    The pressure on the low side is between 6-7 bar but the high side also has the same reading of 6-7 bar, this is not normal. As it should be higher, could this be a partial blockage? As unit blows cold air. Or could there be another problem component in this unit?
    siberianair Posts: 360, Reputation: -4

Aug 6, 2009, 05:14 AM

6 and 7 bar? Not sure what you mean. My guages go from 0 to 400.
    Either way you have a problem. Maybe a blockage, mabe bad valves on compressor.. maybe something else.

Aug 6, 2009, 05:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by siberianair View Post
    6 and 7 bar? not sure what you mean. my guages go from 0 to 400.
    either way you have a problem. maybe a blockage, mabe bad valves on compressor.. maybe something else.
    you are working in psi =60-70 psi on suction then decreases to 50 psi
    siberianair Posts: 360, Reputation: -4

Aug 6, 2009, 06:03 AM

If they are both at the same spot than there is a very good chance you have bad valves.

Aug 7, 2009, 06:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by siberianair View Post
    if they are both at the same spot than there is a very good chance you have bad valves.
    When I gassed up the unit on Thursday, the unit was running & was blowing cold, pressure was about 40-45 psi, all of a sudden the pressure dropped to 10 psi, the unit was pulling in the R22, but the pressures were equalizing, 40-50 psi.

I thought the reverse valve was the problem, I changed the reverse valve, checked my common, run & start on the compressor all OK. Now when I regas, the compressor seems as if it is pumping, gauges rise to 60psi, when I close my gauges the pressure drops to around 10 psi? Do you think it is the compressor all along?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Split unit AC is blowing out Ice particles [ 3 Answers ]

I have a split unit AC in my sons room and it some time blows out ice. What could be the problem ?

Split unit system [ 2 Answers ]

How is the split unit of a/c system work,whai is the component of the split unit and what is the troubleshooting of this unit

Carrier split unit only cools for first 10 min. [ 6 Answers ]

Carrier split unit only cools for first 10 min. after start up. It's a older unit could it be low on freon? It stopped heating as well. What should I check the heat pump or the compressor or could it be a loose 24 volt wire from thermostat I want to try and fix it myself before a pro. Rips me off...

A/c split unit [ 1 Answers ]

Hi my a/c split unit will not run, it has two capacitors for the fan units, and following power problems and a possible surg of power back on. The 240 volts are OK on the supplies, but I also have 240 volts at the Nuetrals too, is this correct.

View more questions Search