Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    swati03arora Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2009, 09:31 PM
    Access info.
    How to access the information from the network if we donot know the ip address or any other address of the machine which carry that information.
    chuckhole Posts: 850, Reputation: 45

Aug 3, 2009, 06:35 AM

There are freeware products available to scan the network for IP addresses and host names. One is NetScan by Softperfect.
    lexy_08 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2009, 04:06 AM

you can actually check the ip of the machine itself
    if its windows vista
    start >> control panel >> network and internet >> network and sharing center >> manage network connections (left side under tasks) >> right click on your Local Area Connection and left click on status >> click details
    it will show you the ip address and other information

Usually if you are using a router, the address of the router is the default gateway . All you need to do to access the router user set up page is to open your browser (Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox) and type the value of the default gateway on the address bar and it will let you access the interface and check your settings
    lexy_08 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2009, 04:08 AM
    if its xp
    click start >> run >> type cmd >> on the command prompt (black window) type ipconfig/all >> check under the Ethernet Adapter Local Area Connection area , you'll see the ip and information there

accessing a router's interface are the same steps that I've posted with the vista instructions.. hope this helps.. =)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Access my files on a computer I don't have physical access to [ 3 Answers ]

Goal: I want to get some files off computerX. Challenge: I do not have physical access to computerX. Info and Access I do have: * computerX is WindowsXP (media edition, I believe) * computerX is connected to a Linksys WRT150N

I need info on getting access number [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I need info on getting access number to start a calling card business

Where can I find info about Clear access [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone, My girlfriend asked me to search on the internet for some information about body-lightening-products made by the companies 'HT26' and 'Clear Essence', since she heard positive things about it here in Holland. I've already found lots of information about the body- and face-lightening...

View more questions Search