Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mrcuddlesworth Posts: 96, Reputation: 2

Jul 24, 2009, 01:37 AM
    Unuaslly large for 14
    Hello,
    Ummmm... since my last post I was worring about mny size when I was only 6'4 or so
    But now I'm 6'6 and I just turned 14 and I don't know what to do, I'm just entering high school and I'm nervous (because even though ill be in grade 9 ill be the tallest person in the school) and I'm scared everyone is going to look at me and laugh (I already have enough emotion problems and I'm so Bi-polar sometimes I can't even stand myself)
    I don't know what to do as well being sort of different as meaning I'm FAT I weigh a gross 275, and when people found out I became the laughing stalk of the town (and still am)
    Although I do play sports and have not many difficulties in the ladies department(execpt my looks) I am very unhappy in life and feel I'm doing nothing that matters so therefor I don't matter, I wish I could to prove to everyone I do,
    And my goal for this year is to stop Self-Mutilation,
    And I'm also worried I may start drugs this year (becuase I have a very addictive personality, and I fall into peer pressure alot)
    I'm just so scared all of the time and I wish it could stop,
    If anyone has any feedback or help I'd very much appriecate it
    Thanks Zach,:confused:
    binx44 Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 88
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2009, 04:24 AM

Zach,

Being tall and bigger is nothing to be embarrassed about. Every person is different. I have a friend who is a little older then you and he is almost 6'8" and close to the same weight you are. No one laughs at him. If people in your town are laughing at you and making fun of you or insulting you then they must not be very good people.
    Are there tall people in your family? If your growing abnormally fast have you gone to a doctor. i'm not saying you have to go to a doctor but there is a rare genetic problem where you can't stop growing. There is one boy whos had it for life and he is over 8 feet tall and he is the same age as you. Also there was a guy here in my town who at the age of 40 something happened to him health wise and all of a sudden he starting growing and they couldnt get him to stop. it was very hard on his full grown body. Hun i'm not trying to scare you so please dont freak out over that. Though one thing to take into account is that as you get taller your bone mass is going to weigh more, same with muscle. So your most likely not as "fat" as you feel you are. I believe that people look wayyy too much into weight and looks.

Everyone matters in their own special ways. By the sounds of it you're a very active person. Do you play football? Might be a good sport for you.. I personally love football lol.

Have you thought about talking to a counselor? Through school or outside of school.
    I've had friends who did self mutilation and counseling helped them a lot. They have never cut again.
    I wish you luck with everything I really do :D
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Jul 24, 2009, 07:43 AM

There's no reason to be ashamed. If you are a highly addictive person, then channel your energy into sports. Have you considered basketball or football? There's no reason to feel bad about yourself. You should focus on the positives.

If other people are making fun of you, it means they have nothing better to do with their lives. Don't pay attention to them. They just need some time to grow up, that's all.

You sound like a nice person, so if you feel that you are borderlining on something that you don't think is healthy for you then seek some help.

If you ever feel bad about yourself, just come onto this site and talk to us. Otherwise, you should definitely see a counsellor or a therapist to give you a comfortable environment to vent.
    iloveeyouu Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2009, 08:51 AM

Are you actually fat? Or are you thinish && tall, because, when you're taller, you weigh more, because your bones are bigger.
    I'm 5'8, and 119 pounds, I used to be 135, and people called me fat. But I wasen't, I was just tall. And preassure made me stop eating.so don't listen to them, they don't know what they're talking about. Your wasting your time, by giving them thie time of dayyYOU do, your body is supposed to know how tall it's supposed to be. And you' going to be 6'6 the reast of your life, so if I were you. I deal with it lol, cuzz you won't get shorter.

Jul 24, 2009, 08:55 AM

Are you actually fat? Or are you thinnish && tall, because, when you're taller, you weigh more, because your bones are bigger.
    I'm 5'8, and 119 pounds, I used to be 135, and people called me fat. But I wasn't, I was just tall. And pressure made me stop eating.so don't listen to them, they don't know what they're talking about. Your wasting your time, by giving them the time of dayy.YOU know , your body is supposed to know how tall it's supposed to be. And you' going to be 6'6 the rest of your life, so if I were you. I'd deal with it lol, cuzz you won't get shorter.

Jul 24, 2009, 08:59 AM

Sorry, my PC is Ghetto...

Jul 24, 2009, 01:19 PM

Thank so much binx44 I've been saving up for counceling (my parents cannot afford it)

Thank you to iwsh umm yes I play basketball but I'm not allowed to play football (mom's afraid kids will get hurt)

And thank you to iloveyouu But sadly yes I am really fat I have a big stomach and man-breasts

And for all whose is wondering the doctor's said to me I should have maybe 3 more growth spurts and when I have a growth spurt I usually grow 3-4inches
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 24, 2009, 01:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrcuddlesworth View Post
    Thank so much binx44 i've been saving up for counceling (my parents cannot afford it)

Thank you to iwsh umm yes i play basketball but im not allowed to play football (mom's afraid kids will get hurt)

And thank you to iloveyouu But sadly yes i am really fat i have a big stomach and man-breasts

And for all whose is wondering the doctor's said to me i should have maybe 3 more growth spurts and when i have a growth spurt i usually grow 3-4inches
    I was always one of the shortest and smallest kids in my class -- opposite problem. Maybe you and I should go grocery shopping together -- me for the stuff on the bottom shelves and you can reach the high stuff.
    Family & People Expert

Jul 24, 2009, 01:40 PM

Well, your doctor will monitor your growth progress. Hey, I don't know how serious you are about basketball, but if you ever make it to the NBA, don't forget about us!

Good luck with everything though. I'm sure you'll be fine. If you ever need to vent, you know we're here.

Jul 24, 2009, 01:59 PM

I wish, I do very much take basketball seriously (since I started basketball this year both of my teams won the championships ) I really love basketball but I want to start football and I'm not allowed, I know its not money cause I have like a full scholarship to the team and everything its just my mom urg!!
    Family & People Expert

Jul 24, 2009, 02:09 PM

Well, I'm a bball player too and I really enjoy football as well. The best my team got was 3rd in the school board. But your mom is right, football is more dangerous. If I were you, I would stick to basketball. Focus on getting some hops! You got to start dunking!

Jul 24, 2009, 02:24 PM

Ohh, that's okay. You still sound like a cool kid.
    It shouldn't bother people.
    They're just insecure, and you shouldn't ignore them, tell them straight up ( if you can) that you don't care about their opinon... that worked for me. People don't talk about me anymore.

You shouldn't let things go to your heard, and I angree, a counseler is a good choice.

I wish, I agree with you, football is dangerous, my friend, he brok 6 ribs, and his leg 4 times, got so many bruises and broken blood vessels there is no point in counting anymore, and he still goes back for more, after that you'd think he'd learn?
    Plus, basketball is fun, and I bet you always get the ball. XD
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2009, 07:45 AM

Do you have any government programs that offer free counseling. I know that here in canada we do through children's services ( I never knew how many things they really do offer for youth).
    True there are lots of injuries in football. I should have taken that into account (sometimes I'm forgetful) it is good you are serious about basketball.. congratulations on your team winning the championships/
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 25, 2009, 08:22 AM

You could try seeing about going to an endrocrinologist to have it checked if there is anything they can do to stop you from growing.
    They give shots to grow there must be something they can do to stop you growing

Jul 26, 2009, 05:04 AM

Thanks everyone for the advice so far with everything I'm seriously trying to quit my pathetic little addiction, And I take very much pride in all my sports and by the way binx44 in youth they do not allow tackle football (which is like the fun parts) and stuff so that really sucked, and I was wondering I heard awhile back from my grade 8 teacher that there is a new form of bulimia, Pretty much to sum it all up inside of you physically forcing yourself to throw up everyday you mentally do without knowing it, and when I heard this I was so scared because I do have every simptom and I'm just worried that I have another thing going on in my life, of and good news, I've officially been diagnosed with Bi-Polar 2 which is major relief so I know I'm not completely crazy and now I get to start some pills to make me normal (for once in my life)
    Anyway I'd really like to thank everyone else again, it truly means a lot to me and I do feel a lot better when I hear your help and suggestions to getting help (so I know I'm not alone )
    Ultra Member

Jul 27, 2009, 04:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrcuddlesworth View Post
    Thanks everyone for the advice so far with everything im seriously trying to quit my pathetic little addiction, And i take very much pride in all my sports and btw binx44 in youth they do not allow tackle football (which is like the fun parts) and stuff so that really sucked, and i was wondering i heard awhile back from my grade 8 teacher that there is a new form of bulimia, Pretty much to sum it all up inside of you physically forcing yourself to throw up everyday you mentally do without knowing it, and when i heard this i was so scared because i do have every simptom and im just worried that i have another thing going on in my life, of and good news, I've officially been diagnosed with Bi-Polar 2 which is major relief so i know im not completely crazy and now i get to start some pills to make me normal (for once in my life)
    Anyways I'd really like to thank everyone else again, it truly means alot to me and i do feel alot better when i hear your help and suggestions to geting help (so i know im not alone )

MrCuddlesworth. They don't allow tackle football for youth here either until you hit grade 10. Though in my books basketball would be more fun.. but I am a girl after all and football isn't something I could see me doing. Addictions of any kind are hard to kick and it doesn't happen over night so iwish you the best. I've never heard of a new form of bulimia but I do know that being stressed and worrying all the time will physically make you sick. Very sick.. I hope the pills help. My friend was diagnosed with scitzophrenia and bi-polar disorder when she was 27 years old.
    I'm glad we could help out. You know where we all are here in the forum if you need to chat. I hope you continue to do well and hope you have a wonderful Monday

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Large body of air [ 2 Answers ]

What is a large body of air that has the same temperature and humidity called?

Is 100 AMP panel large enough [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 100 AMP main panel. What to run #8-3 to garage for a sub panel. Will put 40 amp 2 pole in main. #6 conductor from sub to new ground rod. Will be using for lights, construction heater(20 amps) until I put in radiant heat and for general woodworking. Is my main 100 amp panel large enough?

Large deposit [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a limit to the amount one can place into a regular bank. If so, where else can one deposit a large sum. $1,000,000.00+ ?

Large Marwal [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 3 feet tall, three women, signed, "Hear no evil, speak no evil, see no evil" Marwal. I am wanting to know value and how to sell this item. Thank you. Michael Swanson

How large will my dog be? [ 4 Answers ]

My pup is 8 weeks old and weighs 15 pounds right now, she's gained 5 pounds in the two weeks we've had her, her dad is a purebred yellow lab (120 pounds) and her mom is 1/2 black lab, 1/2 shephard, mom was very slim, but she did just finish weaning 8 large pups, she was roughly about 60 pounds, is...

View more questions Search