Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    0EntitY Posts: 61, Reputation: 5

Jul 13, 2009, 11:36 AM

The right path leads to the "realization" of God. Jesus at the time was telling people, "Ye are Gods", and,

" Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you."

I go by what Jesus himself said and not what preacher Bob says Jesus said. There is a big, big difference...
    Tj3 Posts: 3,028, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2009, 11:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by 0EntitY View Post
    The right path leads to the "realization" of God. Jesus at the time was telling people, "Ye are Gods", and,

" Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you."

I go by what Jesus himself said and not what preacher Bob says Jesus said. There is a big, big difference...
    In John 10:34 the people that he was referring to were unsaved (John 10:26), and were unjust judges because His references to Psalm 82. He was therefore speaking judgment against those who tried to elevate themselves to be gods, and who felt themselves worthy to judge Him.
    galveston Posts: 451, Reputation: 60

Jul 13, 2009, 12:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello:

So, a nice Jewish boy like me ain't gonna make it, huh? If we're so wrong, how come you worship one of us. Jesus wasn't a Christian. He was a Jew - a practising Jew. The Last Supper was a Sedar.

excon
    You are correct, it was a Sedar.

I assume you read the Torah?

But I also assume you have not done much study of the New Testament? I would not expect the average Jew to do so.

John 5:39
    39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
    (KJV)
    Here we have the words of Jesus telling us that the Torah points to Him. There are many things in the OT that are types of Christ. (Eg. The brass serpent put up by Moses)

Back to the Sedar:

Matt 26:26-28
    26 And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body.
    27 And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it;
    28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.
    (KJV)

For the first time ever, the meaning of this meal was revealed.

I do not claim to understand exactly how the Sedar is done, but Jesus revealed what the elements represented, to wit, His Body and His Blood.

Maybe there is a Rabbi out there who can further enlighten us on this subject.

Ex, I hope you will consider this as from a friend rather than as an adversary. (As I usually am.):)
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2009, 10:19 PM
    Gaverton,
    Through the last supper (Seder) of Jesus he became the sacrificial Lamb of God.
    Thus He brought the Passover of death to all believers.
    He institutes the New Covenant of the Passover from the old.
    It is often referred to as the Christian Passover.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2009, 10:20 PM
    Gaverton,
    Through the last supper (Seder) of Jesus he became the sacrificial Lamb of God.
    Thus He brought the Passover of death to all believers.
    He institutes the New Covenant of the Passover from the old.
    It is often referred to as the Christian Passover.
    :)Peace and kindness,:)
    Fred
    adam7gur Posts: 372, Reputation: 38

Jul 13, 2009, 11:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tj3 View Post
    In John 10:34 the people that he was referring to were unsaved (John 10:26), and were unjust judges because His references to Psalm 82. He was therefore speaking judgment against those who tried to elevate themselves to be gods, and who felt themselves worthy to judge Him.
    Not accurate!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 13, 2009, 11:34 PM

... and what is your explanation?
    Ultra Member

Jul 13, 2009, 11:52 PM
    adam7gur,
    I'm going to be gone for a few days.
    Keep up the good work.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred

Jul 14, 2009, 01:12 AM

Nohelp4u
    Scripture goes like that..
    John 10:33 The Jews answered him: For a good work we stone thee not, but for blasphemy, and because thou, being man, makest thyself God.
    (They accused Him that being a man He made Himself equal to God)
    34 Jesus answered them: Is it not written in your law, I said: You are gods?
    (Who is God calling gods?)
    35 If he called them gods, to whom the word of God came, and the Scripture cannot be broken:
    (and not whom God sanctified because Jesus seperates those two possibilities by saying)...
    36 of him whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, say you: Thou blasphemest; because I said: I am the Son of God?
    Tom said that those people tried to elevate themselves to be gods but this is not accurate because those people accused Jesus of doing so, as a blasphemer and therefore wanted to kill Him because that was the punishment of a blasphemer.It is not logicall then for them to elevate themselves to gods while knowing that this would make them blasphemers!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 14, 2009, 04:45 AM

I think original posters do intend to be asking for a Christian Biblical answer but then people want to give their point of view and it turns into debate.
    I don't see why they don't take debates and start them on the members discussion boards rather than arguing on the OP. Many of them go so way off topic to boot.
    It happens on the relationship boards as well.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jul 14, 2009, 04:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by homesell View Post
    I was originally going to send this as a private message but decided that maybe everyone would benefit.
    Contrary to most of the posters, this is NOT a discussion board or a chatroom. It is the "ask me help desk" where people that have questions about Christianity are supposed to get answers - about christianity or what the Bible has to say about their specific questions.
    If they want to chat or have discussions, there are plenty of other places to go like "politically correct answers" or "what non-believers think" "ask those that don't have a clue" or everybodys favorite, "All I know I learned from watching Mtv"
    If you are a reader of the posts, all these totally different answers under the name of Christianity can only confuse. If you don't believe the Bible and believe what Jesus said, please don't answer in the Christianity answers section, feel free to ask any question you like, and save the discussion for the discussion groups and chat rooms.
    I know this post itself is a violation but it absolutely had to be said.
    I agree Homesell and your absolutely right.

It had to be said because many people get lost in this whole debate when it should not even be debated or chat about.

This should not have been a private message and Homesell you did the right thing by bringing this to everybodies attention.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 14, 2009, 05:47 AM

homesell and Jesushelper, I so much agree to your point of view regarding this thread, which has gone off topic a few times (lately happening in the 'tomatoe' thread), the very informative thread regarding our Joe and a few others.

This particular thread is going around in circles !

You are all great guys, don't get me wrong but this is frustrating, tuning in and thinking there is something new on a particular thread and finding out we are talking about something entirely differrent yet again !

Now I am sort of off topic

Kindest all,

Tick
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2009, 06:21 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by adam7gur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tj3
    Not accurate!
    Adam,

Your saying so does not make it so. I would challenge anyone to check out what scripture actually say in this regard. Check out John 1:26 through to John 10:35. Check out Psalms 82. It may not be what some people want to hear, but it is the word of God.
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2009, 06:26 AM
    Nohelp4u
    Scripture goes like that..
    John 10:33 The Jews answered him: For a good work we stone thee not, but for blasphemy, and because thou, being man, makest thyself God.
    (They accused Him that being a man He made Himself equal to God)
    34 Jesus answered them: Is it not written in your law, I said: You are gods?
    (Who is God calling gods?)
    35 If he called them gods, to whom the word of God came, and the Scripture cannot be broken:
    (and not whom God sanctified because Jesus seperates those two possibilities by saying)...
    36 of him whom the Father sanctified and sent into the world, say you: Thou blasphemest; because I said: I am the Son of God?
    Tom said that those people tried to elevate themselves to be gods but this is not accurate because those people accused Jesus of doing so, as a blasphemer and therefore wanted to kill Him because that was the punishment of a blasphemer.It is not logicall then for them to elevate themselves to gods while knowing that this would make them blasphemers!
    Adam,

Clearly they failed to understand that they were blaspheming or otherwise they would not be condemning Jesus, who was God in the flesh for calling Himself the Son of God.

Jesus was pointing out the irony of them calling themselves gods, while condemning Him for calling Himself the Son of God. Jesus referred to Psalm 82 which is a condemnation of unjust judges, who scripture calls "gods" in this reference. Jesus uses this reference because these men (gods) are also unjust judges. Judging Him falsely.

Jul 14, 2009, 09:43 AM
    Adam,

Clearly they failed to understand that they were blaspheming or otherwise they would not be condemning Jesus, who was God in the flesh for calling Himself the Son of God.

Jesus was pointing out the irony of them calling themselves gods, while condemning Him for calling Himself the Son of God. Jesus referred to Psalm 82 which is a condemnation of unjust judges, who scripture calls "gods" in this reference. Jesus uses this reference because these men (gods) are also unjust judges. judging Him falsely.
    I have a question then!
    Why is God called God of gods and what kind of gods are those, 'cause surely those gods are not false gods 'cause God is not a God of idols!
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Jul 14, 2009, 09:49 AM

I would say that those 'gods' refer to the people or things that people call as gods, to show them that He is the supreme being.

Jul 14, 2009, 09:52 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Unknown008 View Post
    I would say that those 'gods' refer to the people or things that people call as gods, to show them that He is the supreme being.
    I wouldn't say that because God has nothing in common with those gods.It is like you are saying that He is the God of things that we call ''gods''!
    He is the God of Truth, He is not the God of idols or something like that!
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2009, 09:56 AM
    I have a question then!
    Why is God called God of gods and what kind of gods are those, 'cause surely those gods are not false gods 'cause God is not a God of idols!
    He is God over everything, whether they be false gods, leaders, those who think themselves high and mighty or anything and anyone else.

If you say that the other gods are not false gods, then you effectively become a polytheist, believing in many gods. Scripture is clear that there are no other gods:

Isa 44:8
    You are My witnesses.
    Is there a God besides Me?
    Indeed there is no other Rock;
    NKJV

Jul 14, 2009, 10:02 AM

Psalms 82:1 God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods.

Psalms 82:2 How long will ye judge unjustly, and accept the persons of the wicked? Selah.

Psalms 82:3 Defend the poor and fatherless: do justice to the afflicted and needy.

Psalms 82:4 Deliver the poor and needy: rid them out of the hand of the wicked.

Psalms 82:5 They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course.

Psalms 82:6 I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

Psalms 82:7 But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes.

Psalms 82:8 Arise, O God, judge the earth: for thou shalt inherit all nations.

In other words God says I made you gods , because He says I have said but you shall die like men because you do not judge well.
    People choosing to die like men because they do not judge well, does not mean that God did not make us gods!
    He did made us but we chose differently!

Jul 14, 2009, 10:07 AM
    He is God over everything, whether they be false gods, leaders, those who think themselves high and mighty or anything and anyone else.

If you say that the other gods are not false gods, then you effectively become a polytheist, believing in many gods. Scripture is clear that there are no other gods:

Isa 44:8
    You are My witnesses.
    Is there a God besides Me?
    Indeed there is no other Rock;
    NKJV
    Mark 12:27 He is not the God of the dead, but the God of the living: ye therefore do greatly err.
    False gods,leaders who think themselves high and mighty or anything and anyone else, are dead , but God is God of the living!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My parents don't approve career paths [ 19 Answers ]

Hey watsup guys? I don't know if this is the right thread but somehow I love posting in the relationship forum! =P Feel free to move this post if necessary. Anyway the problem is that I have an absolute passion for music and I would love to pursue a career in that area. I want to travel and tour...

Switching career paths [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. I am writing because I am seriously considering changing career paths. I am currently working towards my master's degree in social work, but I know that is not what I really want to do with my life. I wanted to counsel;but my grades were not high enough to get into the school of psychology;...

Exterior drainage - paths slope towards garage [ 1 Answers ]

After a few rainfalls, I realised that water seeps into my aluminium clad garage from concrete paths on 3 sides and from a slight bank on one side. I've put drain-coil into the bank and dug a trench to below ground level on that side but the trench still tends to fill up. This side gets run-off...

How thick is the lead in a lead joint [ 2 Answers ]

Im getting ready to take the Indiana pluming test and I was wanting to know how thick the lead Is suppose to be in the hub of the cast iron.

View more questions Search