Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MJDisneyDork Posts: 39, Reputation: 1

Jun 3, 2009, 10:24 PM
    Title of a country song?
    I'm usually a country buff so I'm SO DISSAPOINTED THAT I DON'T KNOW THIS!. and I know I'll kick myself when I figure it out.. but there's a song... early 90's I'd gather... a guy sings it. It says something about a Daddy who's always working. He never has time for his kids. I believe there's a son who wants to play catch.. or throw a ball.. something along those lines.. I picture baseball (it is NOT a kenny rogers song! Lol)... and there's a daughter I forget what she wants to do.. but they always wait for daddy who never has time for them because he's always working... and... he's missing out on the joys in life? I don't know... ring a bell? It was a big hit for a little while
    Esmeralda777 Posts: 9, Reputation: 0
    -

Jun 3, 2009, 11:06 PM

Cats in the cradle has that idea, but I don't think there's a girl in it. Ill look through my old stuff and maybe find something that fits.

Jul 4, 2009, 01:14 PM

no. I defnitely know that song! Lol. Thanks... but this is a country song. It's still bugging me so bad. There's so many country songs from the 90's about dad's working too hard when the family needs him lol... so I keep getting them mixed up. I can remember ALL OF THEM but this one. Crap. Lol
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Jul 4, 2009, 01:40 PM

I did some research for you, don't know if this helps however...

"Father and Son" and Rodney Atkins recent song "Watching you"

Country Music - Country Music - Music/Performing Arts - AllExperts.com

Jul 4, 2009, 01:51 PM

no. it's definitely not recent. It was probably around 98 or 99 maybe. And it wasn't cat stephens it was country. I keep wanting to say it was ty herndon's "hands of a working man" but it's not! Lol. But it's like that. Same tone, same idea, same country sound haha. Thank you very much though
    Business Expert

Jul 4, 2009, 02:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MJDisneyDork View Post
    no. it's definitely not recent. it was probably around 98 or 99 maybe. and it wasn't cat stephens it was country. i keep wanting to say it was ty herndon's "hands of a working man" but it's not! lol. but it's like that. same tone, same idea, same country sound haha. thank you very much though
    Sorry, best I can come up with...

Jul 4, 2009, 02:53 PM

Thanks though stringer :D
    Business Expert

Jul 4, 2009, 11:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MJDisneyDork View Post
    thanks though stringer :D
    Welcome, wish I could have done better...

Mar 19, 2011, 12:10 AM
    AHHH! FINALLY!! AFTER A MILLION YEARS I FIGURED IT OUT! Hahaha. It's called "Busy Man" by Billy Ray Cyrus. Maybe it wasn't a HUGE hit lol. But it was on the radio a lot.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Song title and who sings it. It's country [ 1 Answers ]

Some of the chorus is To the world you may be just another girl but to me you are the world

I need a title and artist to a new country song! [ 1 Answers ]

I only know some lyrics but it goes... Baby baby don't.., don't you say your leaving why don't you stay a little bit longer... got it going ooon!! HELP PLZZZZ... :confused:

Looking for country song title mid 90s [ 1 Answers ]

Looking for the title and artist for a mid 90s country song all I remember for lyrics is (you can't stop a river from running to the ocean) I am pretty sure it was sung by a female

Title or artist of country song [ 2 Answers ]

If anyone has heard this song they would remember it as I have but I never caught the title or artist! It has a "hokey, laid back" feel and the male vocalist almost drones about "gonna borrow 40 bucks"... "gonna go into town"... "gonna have me dance"... "gonna fall in love and...

View more questions Search